SAL College of Engineering (SCE Ahmedabad), commenced its programs in 2012 under the guidance of SAL Education. SALCE Ahmedabad offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses namely, B.E and M.E. Admission to the courses is based on three entrances exams. The entrance exams accepted for admission are GUJCET and JEE Main for the UG programs and GATE exam score for PG programs. Applicants may apply online as well as offline for the admission process by submitting the mandatory documents along with the application form.
SAL College of Engineering Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2012 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad (GTU Ahmedabad)|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG|
|Popular Courses||B.E. and M.E.|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance exam|
|Entrance Exam||JEE, GUJCET, and GATE|
|Application Mode||Online and offline|
|Total Intake||More than 450|
|Facilities Available||Library, Computer Lab, Auditorium, Sports, Laboratories|
SAL College of Engineering Courses
Given below are the top academic programs offered by the institute:
|Bachelor of Engineering (BE)||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with minimum 75% marks in Science stream from a recognized board
Selection criteria: Based on scores obtained in JEE or GUJCET
Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and more
|Master of Engineering (ME)||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: BE/ B.Tech. (relevant stream) with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
Selection criteria: Based on scores obtained in GATE
Read More: SAL College of Engineering Fee Structure
SAL College of Engineering Admission
Admissions at SALCE Ahmedabad is entrance-based. The students need to submit a GUJCET or JEE exam score for UG admissions and GATE exam scores for PG admissions. Students seeking admission in the institute must fill the online or offline admission form. Below is the online admission process for the courses offered:
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of the SAL education group (https://www.sal.edu.in/admission/).
- Fill the admission form with all the required information and documents.
- Pay the application form fee.
- The filled-in applications should be accompanied by attested copies of the following documents:
- Scanned photograph and signature
- Aadhaar Card or voter ID
- Caste or domicile certificate, if applicable
Read More: SCE Ahmedabad Admission
SAL College of Engineering Cut off
Minimum Cut off of JEE-Main for each category in 2017:
|BE Information Technology||7064-21433||24391-39417||27079-41564||-||39481-39481|
|BE Chemical Engineering||7796-32826||-||39026-39026||-||-|
|BE Computer Engineering||9563-18813||38762-38762||29137-40770||5468-5468||-|
|BE Civil Engineering||13809-40545||-||-||9294-9294||-|
|B.E. Mechatronics Engineering||18393-41595||-||-||-||-|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||24257-41181||-||-||-||-|
Minimum Cut off of GUJCET for each category in 2018:
|BE Mechatronics Engineering||3116-39694||-||-|
|BE Information Technology||5826-17490||21635-38899||18555-36258|
|BE Computer Engineering||6238-15706||33759-35730||23220-33051|
|BE Chemical Engineering||10409-23166||-||26221-38820|
|B.E. Mechanical Engineering||14534-38969||-||-|
|BE Civil Engineering||17855-39632||-||-|
Read More: SAL College of Engineering Cut off
SAL College of Engineering Placements
The college has a Placement Cell which facilitates the recruitment process on campus for final year students. The cell claims to have placed 100% of job-seeking students. The cell also conducts value-added training sessions on soft skills and periodical online aptitude test sessions. They also provide E-learning content-based training on Reasoning, Quantitative, Analytical, and Verbal skills. Reputed industrial houses across the country visit are known to visit the institute regularly for the campus recruitment program. The top recruiters that visit the campus for the placement process are BYJU’S, ABP News, Zydus, Kappa, Capgemini, TCS, Rexroth and many more.
SAL College of Engineering Facilities
The college has adequate infrastructure and human resources for the convenience of its students and faculty staff.
- Library: The college library is well-stocked with a series of books and journals, as well as electronic journals and database, CDs-DVDs, online videos lectures and much more.
- Infrastructure: All infrastructure facilities including classrooms and discussion rooms have been well equipped with modern gadgets.
- Sports: The campus has a huge ground for different sports like cricket, football, basketball, volleyball, kabaddi, lawn tennis and some indoor games as well. The campus has a well-equipped gym with an instructor.
- Other facilities:
- Auditorium and Seminar Hall
- 24/7 medical facilities
- Computer centre
SAL College of Engineering Faculty
The college has experienced and well-qualified faculties. The faculties are not just expert in their fields but also constantly redefining their skills. Each department has a HOD and assistant professors. There are more than 30 assistant professors in total. Most faculty members are qualified and hold a Masters’ degree from known institutes in the country.
Read More: SALCE Ahmedabad Faculty
The college offers a suitable environment for teaching and learning as it is situated in a sumptuous
and lush green campus. The institute adopts a holistic approach to students' development in order to optimise the learning and quality of student life. The beat features about the college are:
- It has experienced and renowned faculty.
- It provides soft & technical skill development, exposure to local and international projects, e-learning facilities and timely career counselling sessions for students.
- It also offers rich and varied extra-curricular activities for the all-round development of the students.
- It has a fixed scheme of examination and prompt declaration of results
- The students are placed in reputed companies with good salary packages
SAL College of Engineering FAQs
Ques. Does the college provide hostel facilities?
Ques. Does the college provide scholarships?
Ques. What are the facilities available in Computer Engineering laboratories?
Ques. What are the events conducted in college?
Ques. What are the student events/ activities that happen on campus?