Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology, popularly known as CIPET, in Ahmedabad is one of the most progessive and developing Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology to open in India in the year 1984 by the Government of India. The institute is affiliated to GTU and is AICTE approved. It currently offers UG, PG and Diploma courses majorly in the science field. Admissions are majorly provided on the candidate’s performance in entrance exams conducted by the university or institute itself.
- CIPET Ahmedabad is accepting registrations for Spot Admissions (Merit-Based) 2020-21. Students can apply for B.E. in Plastics Engineering & Mechanical Engineering (1st Semester), B.E. in Manufacturing Engineering (3rd Semester), and M.E. in Plastic Engineering. Interested candidates are to appear for counseling for Vacant Quota Seats at CIPET Campus (HLC Building), VATVA, Ahmedabad between 9:00 am to 5:30 pm along with all relevant original certificates. The last date for admission is November 30, 2020.
- Admission to CIPET Ahmedabad BE program is through GUJCET or JEE Main examination. The second round of counseling for the GUJCET was concluded on October 19, 2020. The GUJCET 2020 examination was held on August 24, 2020, and GUJCET 2020 result was announced on September 5, 2020. Round 2 Counselling - Filling & alteration of choices by the candidates for actual admission will start from October 27, 2020, and will conclude on October 31, 2020.
- CIPET Ahmedabad ME admissions are based on Gujarat PGCET or GATE exam. The Gujarat PGCET 2020 was held on September 26 & 27, 2020. The provisional merit list was released on October 14, 2020. Declaration of the first allotment list (round 1) was scheduled for October 24, 2020.
- Admission to Diploma courses is based on the CIPET JEE exam score. The merit lists for the CIPET JEE 2020 was declared on August 12 & 20, 2020. Admissions for the same concluded in September 2020 and the classes in the same month.
CIPET Ahmedabad Admission 2020
|Release of GUJCET 2020 Application Form||January 21, 2020|
|Last day to submit the GUJCET 2020 Application Form||February 19, 2020|
|GUJCET 2020 Application Form Reopen||July 18 – August 7, 2020|
|Availability of GUJCET 2020 Admit Card||August 13, 2020|
|GUJCET 2020 Exam Date||August 24, 2020|
|Announcement of GUJCET 2020 Result||September 5, 2020|
|Final Merit List Release Date||September 25, 2020|
|Registration for Counselling||September 25 to October 3, 2020|
|First Allotment List||October 3, 2020|
|Display of vacancy after Round 1||October 13, 2020|
|Registration for the second round of Counselling||October 15-19 2020|
|Release of Merit list of Phase 2||October 26, 2020|
|Gujarat PGCET Examination Date 2020||September 26 & 27, 2020|
|Declaration of Provisional Merit List||October 14, 2020|
|Declaration of First Allotment List Round-1||October 24, 2020|
|Online Application release date CIPET JEE 2020||January 12, 2020|
|Online Application last date||August 3, 2020|
|CIPET JEE 2020 exam date||August 5 & 6, 2020|
|CIPET JEE 2020 1st merit list||August 12, 2020|
|CIPET JEE 2020 2nd merit list||August 20, 2020|
Counseling for Vacant Quota Seats
November 17 - 30, 2020 (9 am - 5:30 pm)
CIPET Ahmedabad Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1984 | Government|
|Affiliated to||Gujarat Technology University (GTU)|
|Entrance Exams||GUJCET/ PGCET/ JEE Mains/ GATE/ CIPET JEE|
|Courses offered||UG, PG and Diploma|
|Popular Courses||BE, ME|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||TATA , Mahindra, Ford, Wipro, Infosys|
|Campus Area||9 acres|
|Facilities||Classrooms, Testing labs, cam labs|
|Official Website||CIPET Ahmedabad|
CIPET, Ahmedabad Courses
CIPET Ahmedabad provides several courses with various specializations. Students can choose a career in these following specializations and courses.
|BE||Plastic Engineering||HSC/ (10+2) with maths, physics and chemistry||GUJCET/ JEE Mains||4 Years|
|ME||Plastics Engineering||B.E/B.Tech in Chemical/ Rubber/ Polymer/ Plastics Engineering/ Technology||PGCET/ GATE||2 years|
|M.Sc||Polymer Science||B.Sc with Chemistry/ Industrial Chemistry/ Polymer Science/ Industrial Polymer Chemistry/ Applied Chemistry as one of the major subject|
|PG Diploma||Plastic Processing and Testing||3 years full time degree in science||CIPET JEE|
|UG Diploma||Plastic Technology||10th pass||3 years|
|Plastics Mould Technology|
Read More: CIPET Ahmedabad Fees
CIPET Ahmedabad Admissions
How to Apply?
The application process for admissions to BE and ME courses is as follows:
- Visit the official website of ACPC.
- Register using the 14 figure PIN obtained from a designated bank.
- After successful registration, fill the application form with all the necessary details.
- Upload the required documents.
- Submit the application form along with the required application fee.
- Class 10th and 12th marksheets and passing certificate
- Graduation marksheets and degree certificate (for M.E course)
- Scorecard of entrance exam taken
- Category Certificate, if applicable
- Migration Certification
- Transfer Certificate
Read More: CIPET Ahmedabad Admissions
CIPET Ahmedabad Placements
CIPET takes great pride in announcing that the college places 85-90% of its students into highly well known and reputed companies. The students who are left over are usually looking forward to doing their own business as highly skilled and foresighted entrepreneurs. The college helps the final year students by giving them career counselling and helping pick the right option under the guidance of industry experts. Some of the companies that have recruited students from the CIPET are TATA, Mahindra, Ford, Wipro, Infosys, EDF, Nestle, Pepsico, Amul, HP, Reliance, Indian Oil, Godrej etc.
CIPET Ahmedabad Facilities
- Classroom: The classrooms here are filled with adequate amount of sunlight and natural air circulation for the students in the classrooms.
- Laboratories: To make the most use of practical knowledge the CIPET in Ahmedabad has great laboratory facilities for its students. They have an applied chemistry,physics and electrical engineering lab. These labs have the best facilities with respect to the instruments as well as the chemicals that are used in the laboratory. These are ideal to carry out experiments and work for the students.
- CAD /CAM Lab: The college is equipped with the best softwares to carry out all important designs of the models that are executed by the students.
- Processing Lab: The place is well known for its conventional processing machines that provide a wide range of branding and expand the study.
- Library: The library has a wide collection of books, periodicals, magazines, and reference report materials.
- Hostel: They Have an extremely well built and furnished hostel for boys and girls.
- Canteen: It has a centralized cafeteria with ample seating and catered food providing the needs of the students.
CIPET Ahmedabad FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure of Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology, Ahmedabad?
Ans. The fee structure of various courses is tabulated below:
|M.Tech Polymer||INR 64,000|
|PG Diploma||INR 40,000|
Ques. How are the placements at CIPET, Ahmedabad? What is the highest and average salary package offered?
Ans. Placements at CIPET, Ahmedabad are good. The institute also organises various career counselling programs and provides proper guidance to its students. Many reputed companies visit the campus for recruitment process. Some of them are Infosys, EDF, Nestle, Pepsico, Amul, HP, Reliance, Indian Oil, Godrej. The highest salary package offered is worth INR 1.8 LPA and the average was INR 50,000.
Ques. What UG and PG programs are offered at CIPET, Ahmedabad? Is there a maximum age for any degree?
Ans. There are two UG programs and two PG programs offered at CIPET, Ahmedabad. Below mentioned are the courses along with their specializations:
- UG Courses:
- BE in Plastic Engineering; Manufacturing Engineering
- UG Diploma in: Plastic Technology; Plastics Mould Technology
- PG Courses:
- ME in Plastic Engineering
- M.Sc in Polymer Science
- PG Diploma in Plastic Processing and Testing
Yes, there is a maximum age of 21 years for UG and Diploma programs.
Ques. How can I get information about admissions at CIPET, Ahmedabad? Does the institute follow its own syllabus?
Ans. The details regarding the information on admission will be made available in the CIPET's website (www.cipet.gov.in) and also in the respective university's website during the months of April - May every year. Since, the Institute of Plastics Technology (IPT) Centres of CIPET are affiliated to respective State universities; they follow the syllabus and curriculum as arrived at with the concerned university.
Ques. How is the testing lab at CIPET Ahmedabad?
Ans. The testing labs in CIPET Ahmedabad are equipped with the best machinery and facilities. The labs are considered the best in Asia. They wish to impart practical experience with the help of these testing labs.
These are the following facilities in the testing labs:
- Melting Point Tester & Microscopes
- Hot Air Oven
- HDT/ VSP
- Falling Wt. Impact Tester for Films
- Dielectric Strength Tester
- Melt Flow Index Tester
- Carbon Black Content Analyzer
- Environment Stress Cracking Resistance
- Hydrostatic Pressure Tester