Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology is the first constituent college of the Don Bosco University. It is located at Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati, Assam. It is a state-owned Private University established in the year 2008.
The Don Bosco College being an integral part of the university offers various Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral courses in Engineering and Technology like BTech, MTech, BCA, MCA, and Ph.D.
All the courses offered by the college are approved by AICTE. Application to the college can be made through online or offline mode.
Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology Highlights
|Year of Establishment||2008|
|Type of Institute||State-owned/Private University|
|Affiliated to||Don Bosco University|
|Facilities Available||Transport, Health Facilities, IT Facilities, Wi-fi, Anti-Ragging Cell, etc.|
|Campus Name||Azara Campus|
|Courses offered||BTech, MTech, BCA, MCA,|
|Contact Details||09476 690 950/ 08011 403 982|
Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology Courses Offered
The college offers Bachelor's and Master’s degrees in various engineering courses. The following section provides detailed information regarding the courses available at the college.
|BTech||Duration- 4 Years
Specializations - Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering.
Eligibility Criteria- At least 50% marks in Intermediate or in Diploma in Engineering and Technology.
Entrance Test- JEE(Mains), Don Bosco Entrance Test or State Level Entrance Test. Fees- Rs. 5,40,000 (approx.)
|BTech- Lateral entry||Direct Admission in 3rd Semester
Duration - 2 years
Eligibility- At least 60% marks in Diploma in Engineering and Technology or At least 50% marks in graduation (B.Sc.) and Mathematics should be a compulsory subject in Intermediate.
|BCA||Duration – 3 Years
Specializations- Cloud Technology, Information Security and Mobile Applications
Eligibility- must have at least 50% marks in Intermediate.
Selection Process- Personal Interview
Fees- Rs. 2,25,000 (approx.)
|M.Tech||Duration - 2 Years
Specializations - Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering.
Total Capacity- 24 Seats in each branch
Eligibility Criteria- must have bachelors’ or masters’ degree in any field of Engineering or science with at least 60% marks in aggregate.
Fees- Rs. 2,00,000 (approx.)
|MCA||Duration – 2 Years
Eligibility- Must have atleast 50% marks in BCA/ BTech (Computer Science)/ B.Sc./ B.Com with mathematics at graduation/ +2 Level.
Selection Process- Don Bosco University Post Graduate Entrance Test (DBU-PGET) and Personal Interview
Fees- Rs. 1,62,000 (approx.)
|Ph.D||Specializations - Civil Engineering/ Computer science & Engineering/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering/ Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Computer Applications
Eligibility- Minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA in Master’s Degree in the relevant subject.
Selection Process- Entrance Test and/ or Personal Interview. Fees- Rs. 1,39,000/-
Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology Admission Procedure
Admissions to the college are done on the basis of merits, personal interviews, and entrance examination conducted.
- Firstly, download the prospectus from the official website or you can buy the physical prospectus from the Azara campus directly.
- The application can be made through online or offline mode.
- Online Mode- Visit the official website, register yourself using your email id, fill in the required details, and submit.
- Offline Mode- You can also fill in the physical application form provided to you along with the prospectus.
- Fill in the necessary details and post the form to the Registrar (Admissions), Assam Don Bosco University, Tapesia Gardens, Kamarkuchi, Sonapur – 782 402, Assam.
Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology Placements
- Companies that frequently hire students of the institutes are many including BSNL, Microsoft, Reliance Communications, Tata Teleservices Limited, CETPA, ITC, Royal Enfield, Oil India Limited, KOTAK, HCL, Amazon, etc.
- Institute provides required training sessions including summer internships, Entrepreneurship Development programs, seminars, etc to prepare students for these interviews.
- For promoting skill development and creating more employment opportunities institute is working with the government under various schemes including PM YUVA YOJNA, Community-led Improvement Initiative, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana for Technical Students, Swastayan, Swavalamban, etc.
Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology Scholarship
Institute provides scholarships to the students on the basis of merits specifically to motivate meritorious students and fulfill their financial needs. The scholarship is available in the form of a Tuition Fee Waiver. Only one type of scholarship can be selected by the student.
Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology Facilities
- Information and Technology- The institute provides a well-equipped computer lab with a sufficient number of computers.
- Health services- Being an integral part of Don Bosco University, the college ensures adequate health facilities at its Azara campus.
- Placement Cell- The placement team ensures each candidate is given a fair opportunity during the placement sessions.
- Training- Various activities are conducted at the institute including Seminars, Group Discussions, Workshops, Personal Interviews, Games, Tests, etc.
- Infrastructure- Various Labs, Cafeteria, Smart Classes, Libraries, Halls, Auditoriums, Book rental facilities, etc are available.
- Hostel facility- The hostel facility is available for both male and female students at the institute a with total capacity of approximately 500 students in different hostels.
- Entrepreneurship and Incubation center- Here entrepreneurship skills are taught to students. It works in close association with the Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) Ahmadabad, venture capital funding agencies, and industrial houses. Real-life case studies and tasks are conducted to promote start-ups and businesses.
- Association with IITB- Various video conferencing sessions, projects are done in collaboration with IITB. Workshops are also conducted to share knowledge and ideas between the two institutes.
- Clubs- Coding club, Web designing club, Circuitronics Club, Robotics Club, Basic Sciences club, Sports Club, Literary Club, Music and Dance Clubs, the Dramatics Club (Rangayan) and the Arts and Crafts Club, etc are meant to ensure the boosting technical and non-technical skills of students.
- Workshops- To promote Research and development at the institute, every year institute conducts various workshops, conferences, and seminars for building up ideas through interactions and discussions.
- Anti- Ragging Cell- College has an anti-ragging affidavit is required to be filed by all the students and parents online.
- Transport Facility- Buses are provided for the commute of students from college to the place of residence be it their home or the Hostel.
Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology Faculty
The School of Engineering and Technology is a group of highly qualified teachers providing the best of their knowledge in the field of Information and technology. There are Professors and Assistant Professors in each department. A brief highlight of the same is shown below:
- Civil Engineering - 12
- Mechanical Engineering - 16
- Computer Science Engineering - 13
- Computer Applications - 15
- Electricals and electronics engineering - 13
- Electronics and Communication Engineering - 14
Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology FAQs
Ques. Can students with no laptops take distance education study at Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology?
Ans. Students are required to have their own laptops/desktops to attend online sessions. However, in case a student does not have the required PC he may contact the Technical Department of the college for an alternative solution.
Ques. How can I check my grades at Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology?
Ans. Students can access the grades online through their account login. A new Student Information System (SIS) is also going to be implemented soon for the convenience of students and parents.
Ques. Till what time can I pay my admission fees on the day of admission at Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology?
Ans. Admission fee has to be mandatorily paid by 5:00 pm on the day of admission. If a candidate fails to pay the fees within such time, his candidature shall stand canceled.
Ques. Does the minimum eligibility criteria applies to reserved candidates also at Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology?
Ans. Yes, the minimum eligibility criteria are applicable to all students including reserved candidates from Don Bosco Society and Christian Minority Community. Also, the institute strictly adheres to the guidelines of the government regarding the reservation of minorities.
Ques. Can I be admitted if the total number of seats at Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology are filled?
Ans. A student might be selected even if the number of seats is filled. The college has the provision of admitting extra 10 students in addition to the total intake notified on the website. This is applicable to all programs provided at the college.