NTPC School of Business (NSB) is established in 2014 which is under the flagship of NTPC Education and Research Society (NEARS) with the academic support of IIM Ahmedabad.
NTPC School of Business offers 2 years full-time residential Post Graduate Diploma program with the specialization in Energy Management which is AICTE approved. NSB also provide 15 months full-time residential PGDM (Executive) program for working professionals. NTPC & IIMA both will facilitate internship and placement with the help of various industry tie-ups.
NTPC School of Business Admissions takes place on the basis of merit or performance in tests such as CAT/GMAT/XAT.
NTPC School of Business Highlights
Girls and Boys
17,000 hard books
NTPC School of Business programs
A) Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Executive)
- The candidates must have 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in both X and XII.
- The candidates must have Bachelor Degree/CA/ICWA with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline from any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Working professionals with minimum five years work experience as on 30th June, 2019.
- *For admission to fifteen months programme PGDM (E), candidates will be assigned Admission Score (AS) based on their performance in CAT/GMAT/XAT, performance in graduation, experience in energy/power/oil sector and educational background.
- *Shortlisted self sponsored candidates based on the AS will be called for Personal Assessment (PA).
- *Final selection will be made strictly on the basis of final scores consisting AS and PA scores.
B) Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Energy Management)
- The candidates must have minimum 3 years Bachelor’s degree, like B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc/ B.Com/CA/ICWA etc or any other equivalent degree, with at least 50% marks or CGPA (in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ Differently Abled(DA) or Persons with Disabilities(PwD) category, this is relaxed to 45%), from a recognized board or university.
- Candidates appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. (This subject to fulfillment of above criteria latest by 30th June, 2019).
- For admission to PGDM (EM), candidates will be assigned Admission Score (AS) based on their performance in CAT/GMAT/XAT, performance in graduation, experience in energy/power/oil sector and educational background.
- Shortlisted candidates based on the AS will be called for Personal Assessment (PA).
- Final selection will be made strictly on the basis of final scores consisting AS and PA Scores.
- Details of the candidates shortlisted will be made available on NSB website.
Key Benefits of PGDM (EM)
- The programme encourages discussion beyond the classroom to prepare students for critical analysis and application of skills to real business situations.
- Advantages of learnings theoretical and practical aspects of management from professors of IIMA.
- Students at NSB gets to learn to combine the fundamentals of management with domain/industry expertise.
- The institute has tie-ups with international institutions for exchange programme (proposed).
NSB has the facilities of simulator centre, computer labs and discussion forums to upkeep the exuberance of the participants.
The institute has world class library with facilities such as e-books / e-journals, PROQUEST, DELNET etc. to enhance knowledge, learning and ultimately the career for students.
NSB has state of the art well-equipped class rooms with smart boards, Wi-Fi, etc.
NSB provides in-house hostel facilities on twin sharing basis within the campus with mess, common room and recreation facilities. NSB provides Wi-Fi, LAN connections to promote more group discussions and rejuvenation.