University School of Open Learning (USOL) formerly known as the Department of Correspondence Studies is situated in Chandigarh, Punjab. It was established in year 1971 and affiliated to Punjab University. It provides education at one’s doorstep who are not able to access the education from any sorts. The USOL is supported by well-qualified, research oriented faculty with oriented staff.
USOL offers Undergraduate, Post graduate, Diploma, Professional courses and certification programs.
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Distance Education Board (DEB)
Punjab University, Punjab
USOL Punjab Courses
For UG Courses
USOL offers courses like B.A, B.Com, B.LIS (Library Sciences) and many more
Eligibility: For B.Com, Certification and B.Lis, candidate must have completed 12th with minimum 50% marks from any recognized board.
For PG Courses
USOL offers admission in PG Diploma, M.A, M.Com and MBA (Executive).
Eligibility: Candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50% marks in relevant stream or discipline.
For Executive MBA, Third and fourth semester admission shall be open to a candidate who has passed 50% of the prescribed papers of 1st and 2nd semester jointly.
Read more: Punjab University USOL fees
USOL provides its students with facilities like:
- It provides study material in Self-learning mode.
- Assignments are given to students to study
- Personal Contact Program is introduced by USOL to make the learning easy.
- Response sheets are given to students for practice.
- Video and Audio- cassette Lessons on selected topics, Dissertations/ Projects in selected courses and Counseling of students on a one to one basis, organizing Regional and National Seminars and Special Lecture Series. To cater to the masses, for most courses, the printed study material is provided in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
- Well -equipped Library, postal library facilities, an Educational Media Centre, Laboratories, a Computer Lab and subsidized hostel facility for outstation students
- The USOL also involves the students in co-curricular activities and brings them together on a common platform despite their diverse locations.
- Since computers are becoming an integral part of the education process, the USOL has established a small Computer Lab with 10 Computers to facilitate lesson production.