State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM), Siddhpur was established in 2012 and has been promoted by Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd, Govt. of Gujarat. It is located in Siddhpur, Gujarat. The institute is affiliated to GTU (Gujarat Technological University), Ahmedabad and approved by AICTE. SIHM is a government institute.
The Institute is currently offering demand-driven courses in core hospitality operations. Admissions at SIHM, Siddhpur to these courses are conducted every year.
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM) aims to be among the top 10 World Class institutes in the Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Industry by a commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and industry collaboration. It has a team of professionals with a strong background in academia and the corporate sector. The team stands together to bring a shift in the paradigm of Hospitality management education. The Institute envisages in bringing in a new generation of managers who are excellent leaders and entrepreneurs.
The Institute’s 5-acre campus is located in Siddhpur, Patan, which is a historical place located on the bank of Saraswati River. The city is famous for its remarkable cultural development and social life.
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM), Siddhpur Highlights
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM), Siddhpur Courses
BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology) It is a four-year intensive programme. Eligibility- The candidate needs to have passed 12th standard from a recognized board with 45% as the aggregate score.
- Food Production
- Rooms Division Management
- Fundamentals of Management
- Food and Beverage Service
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Travel and Tourism Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Introduction
- Kitchen Operations Management
Skill Diploma Course (One-Year) It is offered in the following specializations- Travel and Tourism and Food Processing. Eligibility- The candidate should have passed 10th standard from a recognized board.
Skill Development Programmes (Foreign Language Training Programme, Soft Skill and Grooming Training Programme, Housekeeping Utility Service, and Food Production Training Programme)
For more information on SIHM, Siddhpur Courses and Fee Structure, click here.
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM), Siddhpur Placements
SIHM has organized various industrial visits and were exposed to resort operations and different departmental functions. The students also receive various expert session talks and on the job training which helps in grooming them according to the demands of the industry. The institute has hospitality Industrial Linkages with prominent chain of hotels such as Vivanta by Taj, Hilton Garden Inn, Fortune, Grand Hyatt Goa, Hyatt Regency, Le Meridien, Courtyard Marriott, Hotel Ravine, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces, Crowne Plaza (Ahmedabad City Centre), Narayani Heights Hotel and Club,etc.
For more information on SIHM, Siddhpur Placements, click here.
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM), Siddhpur Awards and Accolades
- Best Institute in Hotel Management: SIHM got the Eminence award for best Institute in Hotel Management in Gujarat by Divya Bhaskar group.
- Top institutes in Gujarat: SIHM is also listed among the top 50 Education Institutes in Gujarat.
- Leadership Award 2018: SIHM received the Gujarat Brand Leadership Award 2018 for State Government Institute.
- Best Institute by GoG: Best Hotel Management Institute by Government of Gujarat.
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM), Siddhpur Campus Life
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM), Siddhpur Facilities
- Library Facilities- The library has a rich collection of books, magazines, and journals from both Indian and foreign authors. The students can find numerous books relating to the subjects of Food Production, Food and Beverage Management, Housekeeping and Travel Management, etc.
- Computer Lab- The state-of-the-art computer lab provides the students with integrated network connectivity and the latest technology. The lab also has the provision for High-speed lease line connectivity with which the students are able to access relevant data and information.
- Classrooms- To facilitate participative and effective learning, the classrooms have been designed in a unique way. They have LCD screens, overhead projectors public address system and arrangements for power supply. Also, they are spacious and well-ventilated.
- Residential Facility- The campus hostel is spread on an area of 2 acres. The hostel rooms are separate for boys and girls. The hostel is well-equipped with Wifi, medical facilities, and a lounge to carry out group activities. The rooms are well-furnished and on a three-seat sharing basis.
- Gym and Sports Facilities- For the physical well-being of the students, the club gives an opportunity to them to participate in various sports such as Badminton, Cricket, Volleyball, Kho-Kho, Chess, Carom, Table-Tennis, etc.
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM), Siddhpur MoUs
- MoU signing between Seychelles Tourism Academy (STA) and State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM)
- MoU signing between Jack Welch College of Business [JWCOB], Sacred Heart University, USA. and State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM)
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM), Siddhpur Scholarships
- SC/ST students can avail free ship card in which 100% fee is reimbursed.
- OBC students can avail free ship card in which some part of the fee is reimbursed.