Department of Design, Nirma University (DODNU) was established in the year 2017. The institute is affiliated to Nirma University, Ahmedabad and approved by the State Board of Technical Education. DODNU offers an undergraduate course in the discipline of Communication and Industrial Design.
Online Registration ends on November 11, 2019. Visit the official website - www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/apply.html Read more
Department of Design, Nirma University (DODNU) Highlights
|Entrance Exam||National: UCEED|
Department of Design, Nirma University (DODNU) Courses
The institute offers a UG course in the field of Design. A brief about the same is given below:
Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
Specialization: Industrial Design and Communication Design
- Passed 10+2 (HSC) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central/State government.
- Obtained a valid score in UCEED followed by Situation Test and Personal Interview.
Duration: 4 years
Fees (INR): 3,19,900
Check DODNU Courses and Fees
Department of Design, Nirma University (DODNU) Admission
- Visit the official website of the institute and click on the ‘Admission’ tab.
- Go to ‘Apply’ and fill the application form carefully.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee INR 2000 (INR 3000 for NRI/NRI Sponsored) via online mode (Debit/Credit Card/Net Transfer).
- General/NRI sponsored candidates will be considered for admission only on the basis of UCEED scores.
- Candidates must have secured a valid score in Undergraduate Common Entrance Test for Design (UCEED).
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Situation Test and Personal Interview.
The weightage selection criteria is as follows:
Situation Test: 40%
Personal Interview: 20%
The following documents are to be produced at the time of personal interview:
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet
- School Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate
- Diploma Mark sheet (if applicable)
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
Additional Documents to be submitted by NRI/NRI Sponsored Category applicants:
- Proof of Residence of Sponsor (applicable to NRI Sponsored applicant)
- Passport of self and his/her Parents (applicable to NRI applicant)
- Affidavit from Sponsoring person
- Equivalence Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi (if an applicant has passed qualifying examination from outside India)
- Passport of Sponsoring person (having signature of Sponsor) (applicable to NRI Sponsored applicant)
- Any other relevant certificate
Department of Design, Nirma University (DODNU) Placement
The Placement Cell of NU is a working body which counsels and provides training to the job aspirants before appearing for an interview. The cell provides full placement support to its students in all areas of professional education. The Department of Design at Nirma University conducts Industry Training programs such as Design Workshops, Design Labs as well as Design Camps from time to time. DODNU invites Industry to work with the multifaceted faculty member team and student-designers on live working projects. The cell welcomes industry to sponsor classroom projects, summer projects and internships.
Some of the prominent recruiters of the institute are Akash Institute, Adani Logistics, BDO, Care, Coffee Day Beverages, Dabur Ltd., Ford, NBC Bearing, Torrent Power, LNT Limited, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. and many more.
Department of Design, Nirma University (DODNU) Activities
- Mapping design
- Building case studies in technology and design innovations
- Creating new learning and teaching aids
- User experience in products and services that are critical for urban, semi-urban and rural living
- Strategic and sustainable design, issues of concern for citizens and nations in contemporary times
- Documenting and creating visual narratives that motivate and compel viewers to humane actions
Department of Design, Nirma University (DODNU) Facilities
- Computer Laboratories
- Video Conference
- Skype Facility
- Guest House for Corporate Visitors
- Separate Conference and Interview Rooms
- Online Tests