Gandhi School of Humanities and Social Sciences (GSHS), GITAM Hyderabad, offers programs that equip students with core knowledge, employability skills and a multidisciplinary perspective that is relevant for jobs and research as well as creative work. Besides BA (EPP & EMV) and MA English that are currently being offered, GSHS is soon to introduce M.Phil. & Ph.D. programs in English. The theoretical inquiry, critical analysis, quantitative and qualitative research, and creative production are the hallmarks of the academic experience at GSHS.
Highly qualified and experienced teachers seek to enhance the students’ learning experience by adopting effective and innovative approaches, encouraging participation in knowledge building and skill enhancement activities/ events, as well as developing and implementing assessment systems for meaningful feedback. Choice Based Credit System is followed, giving students the freedom to choose from a pool of Electives. Attractive fee waivers/scholarships are offered to students who excel in academics.
GSHS aims at promoting research by providing ample opportunities for students and teachers to organize and participate in conferences and workshops, and engage in other academic events leading to great exposure, excellent learning, and significant publications. The School supports UG and PG students in seeking and finding good internship opportunities. Creative pursuits and performances are also encouraged.
The excellent infrastructure includes multimedia laboratories for languages, communication and media studies, computer labs with the latest software for application of quantitative and computational methods for the study of social sciences, Knowledge Resource Centre, and ICT enabled classrooms that enhance the positive learning experience.
It is believed that GSHS will emerge as a popular destination for students from India and abroad, especially for those seeking comprehensive HSS programs for professional success in complex global communities of the 21st century.
- Civil Services Prep
- Coaching by expert trainers for UPSC and State Public Service Commission Exams
- Coaching for other competitive examinations
- Preparation for NET/SET
Value Added Programs
- BEC (Business English Certificate) - Cambridge University
- Soft Skills for Professional Success
GSHS Hyderabad Courses
- For BA in EPP and EMV, a minimum of 50% of marks in Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 / Intermediate examination in any discipline or equivalent from any recognized Board or Council.
- For BA in MES, a minimum of 50% of marks in Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 / Intermediate examination in any discipline or equivalent from any recognized Board or Council with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- For Admission in MA English, Graduation in any stream with minimum 50% marks is a must.
- For UG Courses, the candidates will be selected on the basis of their Intermediate/+2 marks and a personal interview.
- For PG Courses, the candidates will be selected on the basis of their Bachelor's degree marks and a personal interview, which focuses on their area of interest, communication skills and aptitude as well as passion towards understanding the nuances of English language and literature.
Read more: GSHS Hyderabad Fees