Indo Global Group of Colleges is known to be one of the renowned colleges in North India situated in Mohali, Punjab which is affiliated to Punjab Technical University (PTU). It was established in year 2003.Indo Global College offers various multi-disciplinary programs which are approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education). The college has 4 successfully running institutions which are:
Indo Global Group of Colleges Highlights
Indo Global Students have a cutting edge over their competitors because:
- 17 years of Excellence in education.
- 54 acres lush green Campus at the Shivalik Foothills.
- The finest talent pool of Ph.D’s, M.Tech, other Post Graduates from well renowned, reputed, top-notch Universities.
- Number of International Faculty and distinguished academicians for visiting lectures.
- Indo Global Colleges has been awarded the “Excellent Industry Interface Award in Punjab” by the CMAI National Punjab Education Awards 2013.
- MoU with EC-Council U.S.A.
- ‘Campus Business Park’ having numerous Companies on Campus to train the students and make them do ‘Live Projects’ from within the Campus.
- Projects with ‘E-Drona’ a reputed IT Company- a Student-Corporate interface for learning and executing projects.
- MoU with Pearson Education, U.S.A for ‘Bridging Education Research & Practice’ through use of Digital Classrooms, e-books etc.
- Finest & Most Enviable Track Record of Best Placements in the Region-officially Ranked 3rd in Placements by Punjab Technical University, Jallandhar (2011) in the whole state of Punjab.
- Indo Global College of engineering has been included in the list of leading professional colleges of North India by INDIA TODAY in 2012
- Nodal Center in previous years, for Recruitment of Commissioned Officers under UES by Indian Army and Indian Navy.
- International Affiliations for Global Education- MoU with the University of Quebec, Canada for Education, Research and Exchange Programs.
- 360 Degree Career Map offered to students through the best options in Higher Education like M.Tech, MBA or Entrepreneurship or Best Industry Placements.
- Focus on Building Competency levels of the students round the year through Career Counseling by Experts and Many Workshops and Training Programs.
Indo Global Group of Colleges Courses
Indo Global Group of Colleges offers various courses in the field of management, engineering, architecture, and education. Polytechnical courses are also followed in Indo Global College. Eligibility of few courses are given below:
BBA, BCA, B.Com
- For admission in B.Tech, the candidate must be 10+2 passed from any recognized board.
- For B.Arch, the candidate should have passed 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry as compulsory subjects with 50% marks. The student is also required to clear Aptitude test in Architecture, conducted by JEE or other competent authority.
- For B.Ed, the candidate must have completed their graduation with minimum of 50% marks.
- For BBA/BCA/B.Com, the candidate must have passed 10+2 exams in any stream are eligible for this course (for B.Com minimum 45% marks).
- For MBA, the candidate must have completed their graduation.
Read More: Indo Global Group of Colleges Courses and Fees
Indo Global Group of Colleges Placements
Indo Global College has dedicated members participating in facilitating several students in securing placements of their choice. The placement process works in two areas: first preparing the students for interviews and then assisting in their subsequent placements. Students are taught interpersonal and communication skills by indulging the students in group discussions, mock interviews, aptitude tests and powerpoint presentations.
Read More: Indo Global Group of Colleges Placements
Indo Global Group of Colleges Awards
“BEST INDUSTRY INTERFACE IN PUNJAB” by Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar and AICTE during National Punjab Education Summit and Awards held on 15th November 2013 at Chandigarh.
Indo Global Colleges was ranked 3rd by PTU on the basis of placements.
Indo Global Colleges are ranked among top 15 colleges in India since 2010 (4th time in a row) by IBM based on training, certifications and The Great Mind Challenge contest (TGMC)
Recognized as best engineering college by IIT Madras for QEEE (A project of Ministry of HRD, Govt of India) program for the academic session Aug-Dec2016
Recognized as best FOSS/Resource center in this region for the implementation of IIT Bombay – Spoken Tutorial program.
Indo Global Colleges has been awarded “Award of Excellence” by NSS Department of PTU in the year 2015
During Valedictory Function of Toyota-TEP in Gurugram Mar 2019, Indo Global College of Engineering received Best Facility & Sustainability, Best Kaizen & Best Instructor Award in Service Advisor Category.
Indo Global College of Engineering is Ranked “Platinum” (Highest rank) during AICTE-CII 2018 Survey of Industries Linked Technical Institutes. The Only College in Punjab to be ranked Platinum leaving behind all their competitors.
Indo Global Group of Colleges Academic and Industrial Tie-up with leading Institutions/ Companies
Toyota Technical Education Program (T-TEP)
Indo Global Group of Colleges has partnered with Toyota Motor Corporation for Toyota Technical Education Program (T-TEP) for providing in-house training in the campus on the latest automotive technology and service techniques. With the help of T-TEP, Our Institute will be able to develop a highly skilled technical workforce, with greater career prospects in the automotive service industry.
Ashok Leyland Skill Development Centre
Indo Global Colleges is the first Campus in the North of India to have an MOU with Ashok Leyland Limited – the flagship company of Hinduja Group, one of the largest manufacturers of commercial vehicles in India. The objective of skill Development Centre at IGC is to provide hands-on training to budding mechanical engineers, technicians to enhance their skills and employability.
IIT Bombay– Free Open Software Centre (FOSS)
IIT Bombay inaugurated the Free Open Source Software Center (FOSS) at Indo Global Colleges. It is the first FOSS Center of Punjab, being set up as part of Spoken Tutorial Project of IIT Bombay, under the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (ICT), launched by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India. The Spoken Tutorial Project is about teaching and learning, certification – FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) like Linux, Scilab, LaTeX, PHP & MySQL, Java, C/C++, LibreOffice, OpenFOAM, QCAD etc.
Through this center, the students are trained and certified by IIT Bombay (free of cost) on cutting edge FOSS technologies as per industry requirement IIT Bombay has joined hands with Indo Global Group of Colleges, Abhipur New Chandigarh for the establishment of North India 1 st Knowledge Hub of IIT Bombay for the Spoken Tutorial project. Indo Global Colleges will start functioning as Spoken Tutorial IIT Bombay’s Knowledge Hub (KH) for the entire Punjab state in the first phase followed by coverage in HP & Haryana. As a KH, Indo Global Colleges will Nurture and spread awareness among the Universities / Colleges of said states on Spoken Tutorial project of IIT Bombay.
IBM Software Centre of Excellence (CoE)
IBM in collaboration with Indo Global Colleges inaugurated Centre of Excellence (CoE) on 20th Dec 2010 with the aim of providing world class skills, training to students free of cost on IBM Technologies. The center is providing an opportunity for students to learn new skill-sets on the latest technologies and IBM products. Faculty and Students of the campus are trained & certified on leading technologies as per industry requirement through IBM Experts. Leading Software technologies includes RAD, DB2, LOTUS, TIVOLI, RFT, CLOUD, BIG DATA etc.