Government Polytechnic Kataram (GPK) is situated in Karim Nagar, Telangana getting established on the year 2008. It has got approved by AICTE and holds its affiliated with Directorate of Education, DTE of State Telangana. It offers diploma courses in two engineering streams based on 10th- grade examination marks. However, the TS-POLYCET entrance exam is necessary for admission and is conducted by TS State Board of Technical Education and Training. There is no scope for placement of the students studying here but still it is a technical-based course.
GPK Karim Nagar Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2008 | Public|
|Set By||DTE, State Government of Telangana|
|Courses Offered||Diploma in 2 Engineering Streams|
|Campus Area||1 acre|
|Facilities Available||Library, Sports Facilities, and Laboratory, etc.|
GPK Karim Nagar Courses
It only offers two courses in engineering streams as of now. There are 60 seats available in each course. Brief details are given below and more details can be found at ‘Course Section’ on the college website.
|Mechanical and Electronics & Communication Engineering||3 years||Candidates passing and scoring 35% of marks in 10th-grade exams from any recognized board of study.|
GPK Karim Nagar Admission
Admission to the diploma courses is entirely online and is based on the state polytechnic entrance exam, TS-POLYCET.
- Candidates need to register for TS-POLYCET at https://polycetts.nic.in and pay the registration fees.
- After registration, candidates are required to fill in with all the necessary details.
- After qualifying the entrance test, candidates need to register for counselling.
- Candidates need to upload the required documents online for counselling.
- Fill in the choices based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam and their merit ranking.
- Candidates are allotted colleges based on the merit ranking, choices, cut-off, and availability of seats.
- Candidates can wait for further rounds of counselling to get allotted with a college of their choice if they are not allocated in the initial rounds.
- Manual verification of documents is done at the allotted college.
- Finally, paying the fees confirm the student’s acceptance of the seat allocated.
The fees for both courses are the same and are as follows.
|Fee Particulars (Per year)||Amount (INR)|
|Laboratory & Workshop Fee||600|
|Board Recognition Fee||250|
|Course Work Fee||200|
|Misc. Fees (Games, Alumni, Syllabus, Admission, Association)||45|
GPK Karim Nagar Facilities
The various facilities available to the students are discussed below.
- Library- The institution has a spacious library with 105 titles and 318 volumes to serve the two Engineering diploma streamed students.
- Laboratories- The labs such as Physics Lab, Chemistry Lab, Electronics Lab, Mechanical Lab, and Computer Lab are made available here to impart practical learning experience better.
- Sports Facilities- All the sports activities are conducted in the separate sports ground where all the indoor as well as the outdoor games takes place.
GPK Karim Nagar Faculty
The institution faculty are experienced teachers in their field and they also undergo frequent Faculty Development Programs. Each department has a Head and several lecturers working in the respective departments. Stats of the faculty serving are listed below.
- No. of Electronics & Communication Engineering Professors: 5
- No. of Mechanical Engineering Professors: 6
- Two professors each in Physics & 1 each in Maths, Chemistry, English and Humanities
GPK Karim Nagar FAQs
Ques. What are the accommodation facilities available at GPK Karim Nagar?
Ans. Currently, there are no hostel facilities available, but those facilities are in the development phase in order to serve the students who find it difficult to reach from the farthest distances.
Ques. What are the placements opportunity at GPK Karim Nagar?
Ans. There is no formal placements cell yet, but the lecturers do help students in getting training opportunities and interview training.
Ques. Is the entrance exam necessary for admission at GPK Karim Nagar?
Ans. Yes, TS-POLYCET is the only way for admission into the diploma courses. Based on the merit rank and marks obtained, colleges are allotted to the applied students.
Ques. What are the documents required during the admission and counselling process when getting admitted into GPK Karim Nagar?
Ans. The documents required are: 10th-grade mark sheet, Pass Certificate, Migration Certificate, Proof of Birth, Identity Proof, and POLYCET scorecard. Check details at https://polycetts.nic.in/BOOKLET.pdf.
Ques. Are there any reservation policies for SC/ST & Minorities in the exam and counselling process for admission at GPK Karim Nagar?
Ans. Yes, there is a reservation policy in admission for various categories. Details of the same can be checked further at https://polycetts.nic.in/BOOKLET.pdf.