S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic, Siricilla is a public/ government institution located in Karim Nagar, Telangana, which got founded by the Government of Telangana. S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic College is an AICTE approved and government financed Institution. It is affiliated to DTE, Hyderabad.
- The Institute offers Diploma Courses of 3 Years spanning over 6 semesters.
- The institution currently offers Diploma courses in around 5 streams with 2 shifts for being dedicated for two of its courses.
- Students are guided and supported with the help of 29 full time faculties.
- The Institute covers a campus area of 20.05 acres.
S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagar Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1979 | Government|
|Approved By||Ministry of HRD and AICTE|
|Entrance Exam||POLYCET (Polytechnic Common Entrance Test)|
|Campus Area||20.05 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Laboratories, Workshop Rooms, and Computer Lab, etc.|
S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagar Courses
The courses are offered in 2 shifts for the candidates with all the courses offered in Shift I while only Diploma in Civil Engineering and Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering are offered in the II shift.
|Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and Electronics, Commercial and Computer Practice, and Textile Technology||Duration- 3 Years
Seats per course- 60
Eligibility- Minimum qualification for polytechnic admission is that the candidate must have passed the X Standard or any other equivalent Examination.
S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagar Admission
Admission is carried out through Web Counselling. Candidates can choose the desired course during counselling. Results of the web-based allotment are indicated on the website as well as notified in the newspapers after the result declaration (POLYCET).
Separate call letters are sent to the candidates for admission. The candidates are to take the newspaper notification as a call letter.
- Soon after the result declaration of SSC and POLYCET, a detailed notification is published in the newspapers for the interested candidates to attend the certificate verification process and entry.
- The details of web-based counselling and venues for certificate verification and entry is made available on website https://polycetts.nic.in/.
- Candidates going for counselling and document verification must bring the original certificates to the designated venues as prescribed.
- Candidates shall check the details (local area, reservation/special reservation category, sex printed) on the receipt of certificates and gets them corrected by the verification officer immediately, if wrong.
- Relevant information regarding college seats and fees is provided during the web counselling.
- Allotment (Allotment of seats will be based on computer program considering the meritorious ranking of the candidate and Reservation category).
S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagar Placements
90% of the students at Government Polytechnic College opt for higher education and take admission in B.E/B. Tech/B. Com courses through Lateral Entry system. The interested students also have a chance to be placed in reputed organisations. During the recent academic year, 15 students and 23 students in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering departments got placed respectively.
S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagar Facilities
The Institute provides, library, laboratories as well as medical and sports facilities as detailed below.
- Sophisticated Classrooms- The classrooms are well- equipped and student friendly. It comprises good seating arrangements for admitted students.
- Laboratories- The laboratories contain all the machines and equipment necessary for practical. The Institute also has computer facilities in a separate lab. The computers are equipped with the latest technology and configuration systems as well as software and come with the relevant programs required by the students.
- Library- The library in the college is well equipped, which consists of more than 14,500 books and 10 journals. E- Resources are also provided to the students for better understanding.
- Hostel Facility- Separate Hostel Accommodation is provided for male and female students. Accommodation at the College Hostel is granted on a first come and first served basis. Outstation students are given preference. Hostels also come with mess facilities.
S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagar Faculty
With Highly qualified faculty at the campus, the S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic College is committed to delivering successful professionals and making them industry relevant by imparting both theoretical as well as practical knowledge at a minimum fee. The Institute has a total of 1,251 enrolled students with 29 full time faculty at present with 2 Ph.D. holders, and 8 PG degree holders in different fields ranging from M. Tech, M. Sc and M.C.A.
S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagar FAQs
Ques. Can I get lateral admission at the S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagar?
Ans. Yes, lateral admission is possible, but through POLYCET. Also, the candidate must have completed their 2-year Vocational course or ITI to get lateral entry.
Ques. Is Scholarship provided at S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagar?
Ans. Being a government institute, the State Government ensures that scholarships are available for OBC/ SC/ ST students. However, contacting the college in person will give more clarity on institution specific scholarships. The candidates can also avail various National and State Level scholarships.
Ques. What is the distance of S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagarfrom the main cities?
Ans. The Institute is well connected by road from Karimnagar, Warangal and Hyderabad. It is 146 kms from Hyderabad, 6 kms from Sircillan, 35 kms from Karimnagar, 6 Kms from Vemulawada¸ and 113 kms from Warangal. Nearest Railway Station is in Warangal which is 113 Km from the college and the Airport is 200 Km away in Hyderabad.
Ques. Is one eligible for admission into S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagarwithout appearing for POLYCET?
Ans. No, the minimum eligibility is the candidate must have passed X Standard or any other equivalent Examination along with qualifying the POLYCET, Telangana. Even the other states candidates must appear for POLYCET for admission at this institute.
Ques. Is there any difference in the two shifts offered at S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagar?
Ans. There is no difference in fees or seat intake in the two shifts. All 5 courses are offered in the morning shift i.e., Shift I, while only Diploma in Civil and Electrical and Electronics Engineering are offered in Shift II.
Ques. What are the generally needed documents while candidates go to take admission in S.R.R.S. Government Polytechnic Siricilla Karim Nagar?
Ans. Candidates going for counselling and document verification must bring the following original certificates to the designated venues:
- SSC (10th),
- Leaving Certificate of last Institution (TC) and
- Eligibility and Migration Certificate (for students out of Telangana)
- Caste and Validity certificate (if belonging to backward category)