Bhuwaneshwari Dayal College, also known as BD College, was established in 1970. Formerly an evening college, the institution is affiliated to Patliputra University. It is accredited to NAAC and has secured a B Grade under the same. Bhuwaneshwari Dayal College offers undergraduate courses in Science, Arts, and Commerce streams, and postgraduate courses in Commerce. In addition, it also offers vocational courses. The admission procedure is based on merit in the previous qualifying examinations as well as entrance tests. The application form may be downloaded from the college website or collected from the college office.
B.D. College Patna Highlights
|Established in | Institute Type||1970 | Government|
|Affiliated to||Patliputra University|
|Courses||BA, B Sc, B Com, M Com, MBA, MCA, BCA, BBM|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance Test, Merit-based|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Facilities||Library, Reading Room, Girls’ Hostel, Conference Halls, Laboratories, Sports and Recreation, Health Care Center|
|Campus Area||1 acre|
B.D. College Patna Courses
BD College offers undergraduate courses in Arts, Commerce, and Science. The postgraduate courses include Commerce, Business Administration, and Computer Application. The details of some of the courses have been tabulated as follows:
|BA (H)||Bengali, English, Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit, Maithili, Pali, Prakrit, Persian, Ancient Indian studies||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with at least 45% in aggregate
|B.Sc (H)||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany|
|B.Com (H)||Accounts, Corporate Accounts|
|M.Com||Accounts group, Marketing Management||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduation with at least 50% in aggregate
|MBA (Voc.)||Business Administration||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduation with at least 45% in aggregate, CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT merit rank
|MCA (Voc.)||Computer Applications||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with at least 45% in aggregate or B Sc (IT)/ BCA/ B Tech
Click here B.D. College Courses and Fees
B.D. College Patna Admission
Admission to BD College is based on entrance tests and merit obtained in the previous qualifying examinations. The application process conducted by the institution is online as well as offline. Students may download the application form from the college website or get it from the college office.
How to Apply?
The candidate must follow the steps listed below to apply to BD College:
- Go to the official college website and click on the admission portal, download the application form, or collect it from the college office.
- Fill in the relevant details as accurately as possible and attach the required documents with it
- Pay the requisite application fee as instructed by the college authorities. Submit the application form along with the necessary documents.
- Sit for the entrance tests held by the university, wherever applicable. The merit list published by the college decides the selected candidates, and maybe followed with group discussions and personal interviews, wherever applicable
Check B.D. College Admission
B.D. College Patna Placement
BD College has a placement cell that hosts campus recruitment fairs and job-oriented interviews to assist students in securing the ideal job. A plethora of reputed recruiters visits the campus every year to conduct on-campus presentations, talks, and workshops.
In 2018-19, 35 students participated in the campus interviews. Out of these 30 students got placed. Similarly, 75 students to part in off-campus interviews.
Know more B.D. College Placement
B.D. College Patna Scholarship
BD College offers the following scholarships to its students:
- Government, University, Military Stipends or Scholarships, as per rules
- Stipends by the Government for granting educational facilities to the children of political sufferers
- Scheduled caste Scholarships
- Tribe Scholarships
- Backward Class Scholarships
Read more B.D. College Scholarship
B.D. College Patna Facilities
BD College is home to the following facilities:
- Central Library: The college houses a central library and a reading room for its students. The library is stacked with over 17,000 books, journals, and periodicals, among other educational facilities
- Conference Hall: The institution has two fully air-conditioned halls for conducting seminars, workshops, and conferences
- Health care center: BD College has a health care center to provide first aid facilities to those in need
- Sports and recreation: All the outdoor games and activities, such as cricket, basketball, football, and badminton, are held at a stadium near the campus.
- Hostel facilities: The institution offers hostel facilities for girls at a prime location in the city
- Laboratories: Departmental laboratories are adequately provisioned as per the requirements of the students
- Computer and Internet Facilities: The college has several computer systems for the students and the campus has a stable internet connectivity
Click here B.D. College Hostel
B.D. College Patna Faculty
The faculty team is composed of over 220 members, which comprises 50 professors. The majority of the team is composed of associate professors and assistant professors. Most of the team has either acquired a Ph.D. degree or are currently pursuing it. The team of highly qualified members strives to impart educational and moral values to lead the students to a brighter future.
Check B.D. College Faculty
B.D. College Patna FAQs
Ques. Does the college have hostel facilities?
Ques. What courses are offered at the postgraduate level?
Ques. In terms of admission, how is Bhuwaneshwari Dayal College for new students?
Ques. What are the specializations offered under the B Sc level?
Ques. What is the duration of the MCA program in the college?