Chaudhary Charan Singh National Institute of Agricultural Marketing (CSSNIAM), popularly known as NIAM Jaipur, is a premier national-level institute. The college offers PG Diploma equivalent to MBA in Agri-Business Management (ABM). Candidates with 50% aggregate marks in Graduation with a valid CAT score are eligible to apply for admission. Applicants, for admission, are shortlisted on the basis of CAT/ CMAT score, Essay writing, GD, PI, and Work Experience. The interested students must apply online on the official website for the admission process.
Check More: NIAM Jaipur Cut off
NIAM Jaipur Highlights
NIAM Jaipur Courses
Chaudhary Charan Singh National Institute of Agricultural Marketing, Jaipur offers one PGDM course across one stream with one master’s; degree:
Duration - 2 years
Eligibility- Candidates must have passed graduation with a minimum of 50% in graduation
Subjects - Agriculture-Business Management
Read More: NIAM Jaipur Fees
NIAM Jaipur Admissions
The PGDM course offered by the institute aims at developing techno-managerial competence and also records100% placement since its first batch.
Eligibility to get admission into the institute is a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or any discipline securing a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ ST/ PH category students). Also, the student needs to have a valid score of CAT or CMAT.
The multi-stage selection procedure includes the following steps:
- First, the candidate needs to apply for the CAT/ CMAT exam.
- The next step is to fill the CSS NIAM (ABM) application form available online on their official website.
- Now the candidate has to wait for the shortlisting based on the CAT/CMAT score.
- If the student is shortlisted, they have to attend the group discussion and personal interview.
- Finally, if the candidate does clear that, their name appears on the selection list announced by the institute.
Selection Parameters and their associated weightage:
|CAT/ CMAT Score||51/ 34|
How to apply?
The application form is available and can be filled on the official website of the institute. After filling the application form online, a print-out needs to be taken out and sent at the given address along with all relevant documents, namely :
- Proof of educational qualification
- Prof of category
- The achievement or work experience certificates
- Demand Draft (DD) of INR 1200 (INR 600 for SC/ ST category students) in favor of the Director-General, NIMA payable at Jaipur.
Alternatively, the application form can also be downloaded and filled manually and sent at the given address attaching all documents and DD as per the above instructions.
Read More: NIAM Jaipur Admission 2020
NIAM Jaipur Placements
A lot of top-of-the-line companies from numerous major sectors participate in the placements here at the National Institute of Agricultural Marketing, Jaipur be it for the summer internship or the final placement.
The institute has been observing a hundred percent placement since its inception in some of the major agricultural sectors, as mentioned below. The institute has loyal recruiters from both MNCs and domestic organizations. The gigantic alumni base is another supporting factor in the successful placement for the students.
|Sector||Companies||Number of Students Placed|
|Agri-Input||Adama, Savannah, UPL, VNR Seed, Godrej, Agrovet, Coromandel, DCM Shriram||30|
|Consultancy||IFFCO KISAN, TECHNOSERVE||5|
|Banking & Finance||Annapurna Finance, Sammunati||6|
|Animal Nutrition||Chembond, Trouwnutrition||3|
|Warehouse & Logistics||Arya||1|
NIAM Jaipur Facilities
Some of the facilities that the students are provisioned with include:
- Boys Hostel: A separate hostel is provided for boys within the campus. Safety and comfort were the two primary objectives before they designed the hostel. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled and the hostel has a total of 120+ rooms. Air coolers/ Acs are provided in the rooms along with attached washrooms.
- Girls Hostel: Separate campus for girls is also provided within the campus. Safety and comfort were the two primary objectives before they designed the hostel. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled and the hostel has a total of 120+ rooms. Air coolers/Acs are provided in the rooms along with attached washrooms.
- Library: It is the heart and the nervous system of the institute when the institute aims to enhance the knowledge of their students along with serving as the main source of individual research for them. The library is open 24 hours with a good collection of books in the field of literature and mostly related to the fields of management, agriculture, and other related subjects.
- Sports: A whole range of facilities is provided to the students in the realm of sports, apart from academics. The facilities include volleyball, badminton, snooker, table tennis, basketball, cricket, and a gymnasium. This perfect combination helps the institute ensure the holistic development of students.
NIAM Jaipur Faculty
The learning model for PGDM (ABM) at CCS-NIAM has an arrangement of permanent and visiting staff drawn from the top business colleges (IIMs, IMDI, MANAGE, IIFT, GIM, and so forth.). There are 2 Directors, 1 Dy. Director, 1 Assistant Director, and 2 Assistant Directors working at the college currently.
Read More: NIAM Jaipur Faculty
NIAM Jaipur FAQs
Ques. How are the placements at the institute?
Ans. The institute promises 100 percent placement to all its students in the summer internship as well as the placement after the final year.
Ques. What are the main attractions of the institute? Why do students opt for this institute?
Ans. Most of the students think it is a great place to study mainly because of the course curriculum and placement opportunities.
Ques. Is the institute affordable?
Ans. Yes, the fee of the course is around INR 4 lacs which is quite feasible for the students and they also find the college very budget-friendly. The facilities provided are praised by most students, mainly the huge library which seems to be one of the most loved things about the institute apart from the academics and course curriculum.
Ques. How can I know about CAT cut-off for NIAM?
Ans. The minimum CAT cut-off is not available on the official website of the institute/college. If the student still wants to know the cut-off for the respected college, he/she would be advised to contact the college directly regarding the same, though as per my knowledge, the CAT cut-off for the last year was 45.5 percentile. That is to say that this was the overall cutoff and no categorical cut off was provided.
Ques. Does the institute provide any scholarships?
Ans. Yes, scholarships are available for certain specific students, students that are meritorious in their respective programs. Monetary grants or fee relaxation are awarded to students every year. For some candidates, candidates that belonged to the reserved categories, the state prescribed fee relaxation is also there.