National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources is an ISO certified research institute located in Bangalore, Karnataka. It was established in 1993 and was earlier known by the name of National Bureau of Agriculturally Important Insects. It is responsible for collection, characterisation, conservation, exchange and utilisation of insects which are important for farming. The Bureau acts as a nodal agency for collection, characterization, documentation, conservation, exchange, research and utilization of agriculturally important insect resources (including mites, spiders and related arthropods) and insect derived resources for sustainable agriculture.
NBAIR Bangalore Highlights
|Institute type||Research Institute|
|Certified by||ISO certified|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Location||Bellary Road, H.A. Farm Post, Hebbal|
NBAIR Bangalore Awards & Achievements
Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Institution Award 2015 was awarded to NBAIR. It has also received the outstanding ICAR Institute award 2015. Scientists of this Institute has received various awards which are as follows:
- Jawaharlal Nehru award for outstanding research doctoral thesis.
- Prestigious DBT award for "Process Development and Commercialization" was awarded to the director of NBAIR.
- Societal innovation Award.
- Bio innovation Award.
- Outstanding Women Scientist Award 2015.
Institute has developed 35 new databases, 27 technologies, filed 22 patents and much more which are listed in the report published in 2018. Some of its achievements are as follows:
- NBAIR supplied 1157.22 lakhs live insects to different parts of India in the year 2018-19.
- Specimens of insects at NBAIR museum increased from 313 to 322 in the year 2019.
NBAIR Bangalore Courses
The National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources (NBAIR) comes under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The college offers post graduate education and also offers various internally and externally funded projects to work upon.
|Ph.D||-||PG Degree in life sciences||Minimum 3 Years|
|M.Phil||-||UG Degree||2 years|
Read more: NBAIR Bangalore Courses and Fees
NBAIR Bangalore Admissions
All India Entrance Examinations for Admission (AIEEA) is conducted by National testing agency (NTA) for admitting students at ICAR's Research institutes and universities for PhD programs.
Generally online applications are invited for short term courses.
How to Apply?
- Students have to apply by filling the application form online at the official site.
- The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in any case. 4.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. 5.
- Candidates should apply for Online Registration using unique Email Id and Mobile No. and upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (file size: 10 kb - 200 kb) , Candidate’s Signature
- Then they are required to pay a fee using SBI/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI and keep proof of fee paid.
NBAIR Bangalore Faculty
The faculty of NBAIR is highly experienced and continuously motivates its research students to work on their desired projects. They all have done PhD and are further working on highly prestigious projects funded by the institution or the government of India itself. The director of NBAIR Bangalore is Dr. N. Bakthavatsalam. The staff consists of HOD’s, scientists, administrative faculty, technical and supporting staff.
Read more: NBAIR Bangalore Faculty
NBAIR Bangalore FAQs
Ques. Does NBAIR BAngalore offer research projects?
Ques. Does NBAIR Bangalore offer any training or workshops?
Ques. How many divisions are there in the NBAIR Institute?
- Division of Germplasm, Conservation and Utilisation
- Division of Genomic Resources
- Division of Germplasm Collection and Characterisation
Ques. What are the former names of the institute?
Ques. Is there any women's cell at the NBAIR institute? How many total committees are there?