National Centre for Cell Sciences (NCCS), Pune has started the application process for Ph.D program for the August 2021 session. Apply here for NCCS Admission 2021
National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) is an autonomous, national-level Research center. It is one of the top-ranking research centers in various fields of cell biology. NCCS Pune offers a Ph.D. Program in Modern Biology with a minimum eligibility of 50% aggregate marks in PG in relevant streams. The final selection of students depends on the marks that they obtain in the entrance exam and interview round. To apply for admission at the college, the students must visit the campus and fill the application form along with all the required documents.
NCCS Pune Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1986 | Public|
|Approved by||Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology|
|Affiliated to||SPPU Pune|
|Courses offered||Ph.D. in Modern Biology|
|Facilities Available||Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorters, Bio-Imaging Facility, DNA sequencing, Library, Experimental Animal Facility, Computer Section, Hostel, etc.|
NCCS Pune Courses
The institute offers only a Ph.D. course. The details of the course are mentioned below:
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Post Graduation Specialization: Modern Biology
Selection Criteria: Entrance Test and Interview
Fees per Annum: INR 55000
Read More: NCCS Pune Fees
NCCS Pune Admission
Admission to this college is Entrance based, followed by an interview. To be eligible, candidates must have a Postgraduate degree in any branch of Sciences, having a minimum of 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA). They should also have a fellowship. However, candidates who do not have a fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS conducted by NCBS/ TIFR are eligible to apply.
Applications are only accepted online.
How to Apply?
Candidates can apply to NCCS in offline mode only. They have to download the application form from the official website and submit the same at the college campus.
The documents required for admission as well as for the interview include:
- Birth Certificate / Proof of Date of Birth
- SC/ ST/ Physically Handicapped Category Certificate form Competent Authorities
- Statement of marks of each year/ Semester of Graduation
- Statement of Marks of each year/ semester of M.Sc.
- Fellowship Certificate/ JGEEBILS qualifying data
- For the OBC category, a valid Non-Creamy layer certificate.
Original as well as self-attested copies of the same should be carried.
Read More: NCCS Pune Admission
NCCS Pune Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the college include:
- Library: NCCS has a huge library and has a collection of more than twelve thousand four hundred bound journals, two thousand eight hundred Books, and two hundred NCCS Ph.D. thesis. It is augmented with Linux Based SLIM21 with RFID Interfaced Library software which helps in Library’s House Keeping Operation and Web-OPAC for searching of Library documents. Several scientific Journals and Periodicals are also available.
- Hostel: There are two independent co-ed hostels available which consist of 63 rooms and are double seated. Hostels are provided to those who are pursuing their Ph.D. at NCCS. Hostel rooms are well equipped with all the necessities like television, solar geysers, newspaper, cleaning, security, etc.
- Computer Section: Technical support services like wired and wireless networks for computers, laptops, and mobile phones, printers, scanners, and all other computer interfacing devices. At present two internet links are available i.e. at the rate of 100mbps from NKN and 10mbps from Tata Communications Ltd.
- Other Facilities include Bio-Imaging Facility, Mass Spectrometry, Automated DNA Sequencing Facility, Experimental animal facility, etc.
NCCS Pune FAQs
Ques. What are the best institutes to get a PhD. in Biotechnology in India?
Que. What is the scope of a Ph.D. in Biotechnology and microbiology in India?
Ques. How are the placements of the Institute?
Ques. What is the schedule for the admission process?
|Last date of receipt of application at NCCS||15th May 2020|
|Publication of list of shortlisted candidates for interviews||29th May 2020|
|Interview||23rd and 24th June 2020|
|Declaration of the result of the interview||24th June 2020|
|Submission of Guide selection form||01st July 2020|
|Expected date of Joining at NCCS||3rd August 2020|
Ques. How do we contact the college for more details?