Canara College was set-up in 1973 in Mangalore by the C.H.S. Association and is affiliated to Mangalore University. It offers various Under Graduate courses such as B.Sc., B.Com., BBA, and at the Postgraduate level M.Com for a duration of 3 and 2 years respectively. Maintained by the Canara High School Association, this college is also approved by NAAC and recognized by UGC. This institution is partly funded by the State Government of Karnataka and also has some self-financing programs. The college also provides various scholarships and decent placement to its students.
Canara College Mangalore Highlights
|Established | Type||1973 | Private|
|Course||UG and PG courses|
|Facilities available||Hostel, Library, cafeteria, laboratories, sports facilities|
|College website link||www.canaracollege.com|
Canara College Mangalore Courses
Canada College Mangalore offers various Undergraduate courses in the field of Science, Commerce, Business administration, and Computer science for the duration of 3 years and Post Graduate courses in the field of M.com for the duration of 2 years. Admission to both UG and PG courses is granted on the basis of merit secured by the candidate in the last qualifying examination and personal interview round conducted at the end of the admission process.
|B.Com.||Regular||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate from Commerce stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate.
Duration: 3 years
|B.Sc.||Regular||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate from Science stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate
Duration: 3 years
|BCA||Computer Applications||Eligibility: Intermediate Graduate with Mathematics as the main subject and minimum 50% overall.
Duration: 3 years
|BBA||Business Administration||Eligibility: Intermediate Graduate
Duration: 3 years
Click here Canara College Courses and Fees
Canara College Mangalore Admission
Admission to the college for the UG courses is done by filling an application form offline. The college accepts application forms within a stipulated time period. Admissions are given on the basis of merit.
How to Apply?
Canara College has an offline application process, and hence the candidates have to visit the admin office to collect the application form along with the prospectus.
- Register their name in the admission of the college and ask for the prospectus and the application form.
- Fill the application form with the personal and educational information along with the course he/ she is interested in.
- Submit the fully filled application form. It should reach the Principal within seven days of the publication of the results of the PUC Board along with the required original documents and a copy of Identity proof.
- Keep in contact with the College for the status of your admission and attend the personal interview level if necessary for the admission.
- The list of admitted students will be put up on the notice board of the college.
- After acquiring a seat , attend the orientation day and the payment of the admission fee is to be done according to the dates mentioned by the college admin office.
Check Canara College Admission
Canara College Mangalore Placement
Canara college placement initiatives are carried out by the Career Guidance and Placement Cell. They promote entrepreneurship and self-starting environment to the students and assist each student in exploring placement opportunities by inviting various companies for campus recruitment of students who are in the final year. From the start of the academic session, students are counselled about career opportunities. ICICI, MRF, Toppr, Infosys, Amazon, Vantage Agora, Kotak Mahindra, MCF are some of the top companies visiting the campus of Canara College, Mangalore for placement.
In the year 2018-19, 7 students were placed out of the 88 participants.
Know more Canara College Placement
Canara College Mangalore Scholarship
Canara College, Mangalore offers various scholarships to its students in the following category:
- National Merit Scholarship on the basis of merit by the government.
- National Hindi Merit Scholarship.
- Govt. of Karnataka Post Matric Scholarship to Scholarship to students belonging to economically weaker section.
In the year 2018-19, scholarship from the institution was given to 33 students under the CHS Association.
From the National Government scholarships, the various schemes that were given from CV Raman, Sitaram Jindal Trust, and Reservation Category scholarships. 4 students benefited from the same.
Read more Canara College Scholarship
Canara College Mangalore Facility
The Canara college, Mangalore provides the following facilities to its students:
- Library: The College has a very spacious and well-stocked library with an impressive collection of books with more than 45,063+ books, 94+ Periodicals and journals, an open-access library system and fully functional internet facility for students as well as the faculties needs are also there.
- Science and Computer Laboratories: The College has modern technologically equipped science and computer laboratories required to meet the curriculum and needs of the programs of the students. The fully air-conditioned laboratories have ample space and resources for the students as well as for the faculty.
- Seminar Hall: The college seminar hall has a seating capacity of more than 175 people at a time. Fully equipped with an Excellent audio-video system and fully air-conditioned it hosts various department activities, seminars, and various cultural events.
- Hostel: To assist the outstation students this college provides them with a hostel facility that is safe and secure. The exclusive girls' hostel facility is available which is located at a small distance from the College with an in-house mess to provide good food to the hostellers.
- Sports facilities: As the college believes that a healthy mind lives in a healthy body and for that purpose, the College Provides and promotes a wide range of sports and games both in House and outside the College for the all-round development of its students.
Click here Canara College Hostel
Canara College Mangalore Faculty
The college faculty under the guidance of Dr. Premalatha V. is very motivated towards imparting a high level of professional knowledge and skills to the students. The college has 55 teaching faculty members who are highly qualified and have great knowledge and experience about their respective subjects. Besides teaching, they provide valuable practical knowledge to their students along with the help of the non- teaching faculty.
Check Canara College Faculty
Canara College Mangalore FAQs
Ques. What are the career prospects after pursuing a degree in “BCA"?
Ques. How can anyone apply to Canara College for admission (online or offline)?
Ques. What are some other colleges in Mangalore besides Canara college?
Ques. Which college is better: Canara college or St. Aloysius college?
Ques. What is the first year fee for B.Com at Canara college?