Manipal Institute of Communication (MIC), Manipal is ranked 1st amongst the top media schools in India as “India's Best Professional Colleges” by The Outlook-ICARE Professional College Rankings 2020. MIC is a premier institution of media and communication in Manipal, India is a constituent college of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), which is an Institution of Eminence as recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education, Government of India. The institute offers degree and pg diploma courses in the discipline of Media and Communication, Animation, Film Arts and many more.
Latest Update: MIC has begun the registration process for all the admission in the academic year 2020-21. The last date to apply for the BA (Media & Communication) course is March 15, 2021.
Manipal Institute of Communication Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1997 | Private|
|Affiliated to||MAHE, Manipal|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & PG Diploma|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based + SoP + PI|
|Facilities Available||Library, Auditorium, Lab, Studio, etc|
Manipal Institute of Communication Rankings
- Ranked 5th amongst the top media schools in India by Outlook survey 2015.
- Ranked 4th amongst the top 10th Communication Institutes in India Source by Outlook Magazine 2014.
- Ranked 1st among Mass Communication Colleges in India based on factual ranking by India Today Magazine, 2013 and ranked 4th in general.
Manipal Institute of Communication Courses
MIC offers degree and pg diploma courses in the discipline of Media and Communication, Animation, Film Arts and many more. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|BA||Media and Communication||10+2 with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks|
|B.Sc||Animation||10+2 from a recognized board|
|B.Voc||Graphic and Digital Media|
|MA||Media and Communication, Film Arts & Film Making||Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|PG Diploma||Corporate Communication, Sports Communication|
Check: MIC Manipal Courses and Fees
Manipal Institute of Communication Admission
- Go to the official website.
- Click on ‘Apply’.
- Fill out the form carefully.
- Upload a photograph and signature.
- Select the program and enter your address.
- Select a mode of payment.
- The application fee is INR 600 (for General Category) and INR 2500 (for Foreign/ NRI/ NRI Sponsored Category). Pay it using your preferred means.
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of merit.
- The candidates are required to submit a Statement of Purpose (SoP) followed by a Personal Interview.
Manipal Institute of Communication Scholarship
MIC Manipal awards a scholarship for its Under Graduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) students under the following categories
- Kalam-Pai, Freeship and Scholars Scholarship for MBBS & BDS Programs
- Merit Scholarship for MD and MDS Programs
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BTech
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BPharm
- Scholar and Achiever Scholarship for All Other Under Graduate (UG) & Post Graduate (PG) Programs
- Board Toppers Scholarship for All Under Graduate (UG) Programs
- Scholarships for Academy of General Education Students (SAGES)
- Academy of General Education (AGE) Scholarship for AGE Students
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for B.Sc. Nursing students
- Merit Scholarship for BTech (Lateral Entry) students from Manipal Group Polytechnic Institutions
- Merit Scholarships for Foreign / Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Category Students
- Merit Scholarship for Konkani speaking students
- Merit Scholarship for Children of Manipal Alumni
- Scholarship scheme of interest subsidy on education loan for MAHE students
- AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver
- Kadambi scholarship
- ITC scholarship
Manipal Institute of Communication Faculty
MIC is headed by Dr. Padma Rani, a sociologist, media researcher and educator with extensive teaching and research experience. Dr. Rani’s team of faculty at SoC consists of meritorious individuals with a passion for teaching and research bringing with them diverse backgrounds and experiences, thereby evolving and adapting pedagogies to make the academic environment always relevant and current. MIC has a total of 18 core faculty members.
Check: MIC Manipal Faculty
Manipal Institute of Communication FAQs
Ques. How are the facilities at Manipal Institute of Communication?
Ans. Manipal Institute of Communication is housed in two charming, homey buildings with walls made of laterite stones, clay brick pillars and a traditional tiled roof. MIC is a walkable distance from MAHE’s hostels and Manipal’s main hub, Tiger Circle. Facilities on the campus include:
- Classrooms equipped with ACs,
- Computer labs with printing facilities,
- The library that houses over 13,000 books and journals and offers photocopying facilities,
- Sound studio,
- TV production studio,
- Mac Lab for editing,
- Animation labs,
- Radio Manipal, the university’s community radio station,
- Common room
- Auditorium and many more.
Ques. What are the documents required during admission at Manipal Institute of Communication?
Ans. The following are the documents to be uploaded after Online application submission at Manipal Institute of Communication:
Educational Qualification Details
- Mark cards of all years/semesters obtained from recognized University
Proof of Foreign/NRI status Details
- Foreign Nationals: Passport copy of Candidate and Parent(s)
- NRI: Passport copy of Candidate and Parent Resident VISA / Letter from the Embassy (of Parent)
- NRI Sponsored:
- Passport copy of the Sponsorer
- Proof of NRI Status i.e. Resident VISA / Letter from the Embassy
- Notary affidavit from the Sponsorer
Ques. Why should I choose the Manipal Institute of Communication?
Ans. The key benefits of joining Manipal Institute of Communication are as follows:
|Media Research Centre||Hands-on training & live projects||Sound studio, TV studio, Editing Lab||Community Radio station|
|National and international internships & Placement opportunities||Campus Newspaper||Interdisciplinary research||International collaborations and student-exchange partnership several global universities|