MICA The School of Ideas (Formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad) is one of the more known institute in India imparting education in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA, Ahmedabad was established in 1991 while its main academic block being set up in 1993 after relocating to its current campus at Shela, Ahmedabad.
The institute offers post graduate programs, fellowship programs and certificate programs in the fields of Marketing Research, Digital Communication Management, Brand Management, Media Management and Advertising Management, and Communication and Social Change.
MICA Ahmedabad Highlights
Type of Institution
Residential and Online Courses
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Shela, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
How to Reach Us
- 31 km from Ahmedabad Airport
- 6 km from Ahmedabad Railway Station and Mica Ahmedabad
- 30 km Ahmedabad (Kalupur) Railway Station
- 35 km from Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
MICA Admission 2017
MICA Ahmedabad imparts education in two modes namely Residential and Online. Admission to the residential courses is through entrance tests conducted by MICA Ahmedabad.
MICA Ahmedabad Courses Offered -
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in Communication
Post Graduate Certificate Program in Advertising Management and Public Relations (PGCPAMPR)
Fellowship Program in Management (FPM) in Communication
Post Graduate Certificate Program in Market Research and Data Analytics (PGCPMRDA)
Post Graduate Certificate Program in Crafting Creative Communication (CCC)
Post Graduate Certificate Program in Digital Marketing (CPDM)
Post Graduate Certificate Program in Business Management (PGCPBM)
Post Graduate Certificate Program in E-Commerce Business Management (PGCPECBM)
Post Graduate Certificate Program in Retail and Shopper Marketing (PGCPRSM)
Post Graduate Certificate Program in Marketing and Brand Management (PGCPMBM)
Click on MICA Admission 2017 for more details
MICA Admission Process
MICA Ahmedabad offers the PGDM-C residential program. The selection process of PGDM–C involves three steps (Batch 2017–2019):
- Each candidate has to take at least one of the three exams: CAT (2016), XAT (2017) and GMAT 2015 onwards.
- MICA Admission Test (MICAT) twice in an academic year MICAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT). All the Candidate who applies to MICA with CAT (2016), XAT (2017) and GMAT (2015 onwards) will be called for MICAT.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Exercise and Personal Interview at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai
Note - MICA Admissions Test (MICAT) is MICA's mandatory entrance exam, which applicants are expected to take in addition to having appeared in one of these examinations: CAT/XAT/GMAT.
MICA Ahmedabad Admission Criteria
Admission at MICA Ahmedabad is based on a written test conducted by the Institute. Any candidate can apply to the program. The written test is conducted online/through the mail, the selected candidates are called for a personal interview at the MICA Ahmedabad campus. The final selection is an amalgamation of the candidate’s performance in the entrance test and interview.
New MICA Ahmedabad admission criteria and the process will be out around the middle of September 2017
Go and Click on MICA Ahmedabad Fees for more information
MICA Ahmedabad Placements
MICA Ahmedabad has a dedicated placement and training cell which helps students in providing them the necessary trainings.
MICA Ahmedabad Placement Statistics
Total Number of Companies
Total Number of Students
Internet & Technology
FMCG, FMCD & Retail
BFSI, Analytics & Brand Consulting
MICA Ahmedabad Placements (Final)
Students appeared for Placements
Total number of recruiters
Average Package (Domestic)
Median Package (Domestic)
Highest Package (Domestic)
Highest Package (International)
Click on MICA Ahmedabad Placements to know more about MICA Ahmedabad Placements 2017
MICA Ahmedabad Ranking / Awards
- Recognised as one of the Best Education Brands by Economic Times, 2017
- Star Group Awards for Best B-School with Innovating Marketing to the Target Segment
- Star Group Awards for Innovation in Placements
- Dainik Bhaskar B-School Leadership Award - B-School with Industry related curriculum in Advertising
- Dainik Bhaskar B-School Awards - Communications
- Outstanding B-Schools in Marketing by Impact
- Ogilvy on Campus - Celebrating Ideas: Building Brands - Silver
- Best Advertising and Media & Communications B-School in India in the second edition (2014) of The Edutainment Awards