MICA Ahmedabad is known for its management programs in Communication and Innovating Marketing field. The courses offered by MICA cover specialization in disciplines such as Marketing Research, Digital Communication Management and Brand Management. MICA programs are approved by AICTE and ranks at 28 among 50 Private B-Schools as per Jagran Josh ranking. The most known courses i.e PGDM-C is offered based on CAT/XAT/GMAT score followed by MICAT, GE and PI performance. MICA also offers PGCP-CCC, FPM, and online programs. Check MICA Admissions
MICA Ahmedabad Quick Facts
- MICA offers 8 Online Programs in the fields of Advertisement, Digital marketing, Sale and Marketing Communication. Check MICA Course and Fees
- MICA offers a 25% annual scholarship over annual program fee to PGDM-C and PGCP-CCC students. Check MICA Scholarship
- MICA has collaboration with 8 international institutes including ESCEM, France Business School, France, School of Communications, Nanyang Technological University, (NTU), Singapore, Institute of Applied Media Studies, Zurich, and University of New Mexico, USA.
- PGDM-C CAT/XAT/GMAT actual cut off is expected to be above 80 percentile.
- PGDM-C placement majority i.e 22% offers from FMCG and 20% from Analytics, BFSI & Consulting sector.
- Total Recruiters: 88
- Highest CTC International: INR 58.2 LPA
- Highest CTC Domestics: INR 32.8 LPA
- Average CTC: INR 13.9 LPA
- Median CTC: INR 12 LPA Check MICA Placement
Also read: MICAT Counselling
MICA Ahmedabad Rankings
|Jagran Josh Top Private Colleges in India 2020||#28 out of 50|
MICA Ahmedabad Courses
|Course Name||Eligibility & Selection Criteria||Fees|
|PGDM-C||Eligibility: Graduation from recognised University
Selection:Based on CAT/XAT/GMAT followed by MICAT and GE & PI
Specialization: Advertising & Brand Management, Digital Communication Management, Marketing Analytics, Media & Entertainment Management
|INR 21 Lakhs|
|PGCP||Eligibility:Graduation from universities recognized by AIU
Selection:Based on Online Test and PI
Specialization: Crafting Creative Communication
|INR 8,82,640 Lakhs|
|FPM(C)||Eligibility: Master’s or G quafilaion with minimum 55% marks in management/communications/humanities/ or social science stream
Selection: Based on Written Test, an Individual Presentation and a Personal Interview
Specialization: Management, Communication, Marketing, Media and Entertainment, Digital Marketing
|No Tuition Fee, Added fellowship of INR 27500 -INR 33000|
MICA Ahmedabad Cut Off 2021
|Test||Expected Overall Percentile|
The above mentioned is the minimum cut off required to be eligible for MICAT. Further candidates need to have a minimum MICAT Cut off for the final selection process.
Check MICA Cut off
MICA Ahmedabad Batch 2021 – Class Profile
MICA PGDM Batch Gender Diversity trends to high every year. For PGP-1 Batch, the gender ratio is 55:45 (Female: Male) and the PGP batch gender ratio is 52:48 (Female: Male). Majority of the students are freshers of PGDM Batch. The current batch target of PGP 1 and PGP 2 is 216 and 215 respectively. Among which 90% students are Freshers in PGP ! and 82% are Freshers in PGP 2.
The work experience sector wise details of PGP-2 batch:
|Media & Advertising||28|
PGP 2 batch Academic Background details is given below:
MICA Ahmedabad Placements
MICA consistently bagged 100% placement for PGDM students. In a recent placement drive FMCG offered an increase of 67%. The top role of placement drive are Area Sales
Manager, Marketing Specialist, Brand Manager, and Sales & Marketing Manager. Some other highlights of the Placement drive is given below:
- Average CTC has increased from INR 12.8 LPA to 13.9 LPA.
- Median Salary increased from INR 11.4 LPA to INR 12 LPA.
- The majority of companies participated from E-Commerce, IT/ITeS industry, followed by Analytics, BFSI & Consulting, FMCG, and FMCD & Retail.
- Top Recruiters are flipkart, Amazon, Google, Deloitte, ITC, Aditya Birla.
- Every 3 in 10 Students got PPO / PPI.
MICA Ahmedabad Scholarships
MICA provides scholarship and financial aid to PGP, FPM and PGP-CCC students. Some of the scholarships are mentioned below:
- MICA Scholarships: This is offered to students based on academic performance along with family income. Each awardee gets a 25% scholarship amount of annual fee in the program.
- FPM Financial Support: FPM students are provided monthly stipend of INR 27500 for first 2 years and INR 29700 for 3rd year and INR 33000 for 4th year.
MICA Ahmedabad Faculty
MICA Faculty initiated Journal of Creative Communications (JOCC) in collaboration with SAGE Publication. It is an international peer-reviewed academic journal under the support of MICA. MICA currently has 31 Full-time faculty members, along with 13 Adjunct Faculty and other visiting faculties from academic and industrial fields.
Falguni Vasavada-Oza, Professor and Area Leader of Strategic Marketing, has been 3 times TEDX Speaker about Body Positivity, Rethinking Happiness and Breaking Stereotypes. She is honored as Women of the Week by CNBC Bazaar and Zee24Kalak. She completed her doctorate from Ph.D., Sardar Patel University, 2009. Other Faculty like Anita Basalingappa, Professor, Chairperson of Online Programmes, have IIM Ahmedabad Professional Affiliation -1994. She has also received Dr. D. C. Pavate Visiting Fellowship at Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, UK.
Check MICA Reviews
MICA Ahmedabad Alumni
MICA alumni network is more than 4,500+ alumni across the globe. MICAns represent excellence in strategic marketing and communication. Given below are some of the notable alumni of MICA:
- Rahul Gupta: Client Partner - South East Asia at Facebook
- Amit Sharma: Senior Vice President - Marketing, Head - Digital & Ecommerce at Max Life Insurance
- Jaya Deshmukh: Head Of Strategy - Google Cloud EMEA at Google
- Amol Gurwara: Country Manager at Amazon, Kindle
- Arvind Krishnamoorthy: Apple Content & Services - International Business Leadership at Apple
- Charu Aggarwal: Chief Strategy Officer, GSK
- Sudip Mitra: Senior Vice President, Consumer Insights and Brand Development, Aditya Birla Group
- Shradha Sharma: Founder & CEO at YourStory Media
- Amrish Goyal: Director, Brand & Marketing Microsoft, USA
- Kunal Jeswani: CEO at Ogilvy, India
- Kedar Lele: CEO & Managing Director at Unilever Bangladesh Ltd
- Saurabh Varma: CEO at Publicis Communication
MICA Ahmedabad FAQs
Ques. What is the pattern for MICAT, GE-PI at MICA Ahmedabad?
Ans. MICAT is Computer Based Test (CBT). The MICAT has been designed comprehensively to assess analytical and verbal ability, logical reasoning, divergent thinking, written communication skills, creativity potential and general awareness about contemporary social and industry-related issues, including areas covering media, marketing, advertising and business. All psychometric questions are compulsory. A group exercise is a team-based evaluation process wherein candidates will be judged on their performance with their allotted group members. There will be no screening after the GE. All those who have appeared for GE will also appear for Personal Interview. This consists of interactions with the candidates, to assess their suitability for Creative Leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication driven industry sectors along with other required traits. This does not require any prior preparation.
Ques. How can I prepare for MICAT and GD-PI at MICA Ahmedabad?
Ans. The MICAT has been designed as a comprehensive test to assess analytical and verbal ability, logical reasoning, convergent and divergent thinking, written communication skills, creative potential and general awareness about contemporary social and industry-related issues including areas covering media, marketing, advertising and business. GE and PI - These consist of a series of interactions with the candidates to assess their suitability for the Strategic Marketing and Communication driven industry sectors. This does not require any prior preparation.
Ques. Does MICA Ahmedabad offer student exchange and learning programs with foreign universities?
Ans. Yes, MICA has collaborations with many international management and communication institutes.
Ques. What are the other ‘on campus’ activities at MICA Ahmedabad?
Ans. The institute encourages students to participate in extracurricular activities for holistic growth. There are a number of formal and informal student-run committees at MICA that organise events throughout the year.