Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication - [SIMC] Quick Updates
Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, popularly known as SIMC, is a premier institute for Media & Communication. It is affiliated to Symbiosis International University and approved by AICTE. SIMC Pune has been accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade. The media institute provides mainly 2 academic programs viz. MBA Communication Management and MA Mass Communication. The admission to the Institute is done through an entrance exam conducted at University level.
Know more SIMC Pune Admissions 2020
SIMC Pune Courses and Admission
The media institute offers the following academic programs:
Course 1: MBA in Communication Management (CM)
- Duration: 2 years | Full-time
- Intake: 120
Admission procedure: Application to SIMC’s MBA (CM) program is a two-step process:
- Applicants need to register themselves first for SNAP 2020 and pay INR 1,750 through Netbanking or Demand Draft. After registration, they will be provided with SNAP Id and password which is essential for the next step.
- The registered candidates will be eligible to apply for MBA (CM) program in SIMC Pune. A mandatory program fee of INR 1,000 is to be paid to SIMC-Pune.
Course 2: MA in Mass Communication (MC)
- Duration: 2 years | Full-time
- Intake: 60
Admission procedure: Application for this program includes three steps:
- Aspiring students will be required to fill an online application form available on the official website of SIMC (www.simc.edu).
- They also need to pay a non-refundable fee of INR 1,250 through Netbanking.
- After registration, the students will need to appear for SIMC MA (MC) Online Entrance test.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). Students appearing in their final year examination can also apply but their admission will be subject to required marks.
International Students Admissions: Following are the categories defined by the Institute for international candidates:
- A student is eligible to apply as a Foreign National (FN) if s/he holds a foreign passport.
- If a candidate has a ‘Person of Indian Origin (POI) card and is a citizen of a country other than India can also apply to SIMC Pune.
- A student is eligible to apply as NRI if s/he has appeared for 10+2 examination or graduation outside India. But it is mandatory to have given one of the exams outside India.
NOTE: International students seeking admissions in Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune can contact the office at Symbiosis International (Deemed University) or check their website. email@example.com.
Click here SIMC Pune Courses and Fee
SIMC Pune Placements
Given below are the placements records of the media institute
Placement Statistics of M.A. in Mass Communication
|Batch ||Total Placement||Highest Salary||Average Salary|
|2015-17||95%||INR 7 LPA||INR 3.5 LPA|
|2017-19||95.45%||INR 13 LPA||INR 4.78 LPA|
Some of the top recruiters include The Indian Express, ThePrint, TimesNow, Thomson Reuters, Viacom 18, Sony Entertainment and many more.
Placement Statistics of MBA in Communication Management
|Batch ||Total Placement||Highest Salary|
|2015-17||92%||INR 10 LPA||INR 5.4 LPA|
|2017-19||91.09%||INR 9 LPA||INR 5.85 LPA|
Top recruiters include Cognizant, ICICI Bank, MediaBrands, Kantar, VML, Resultrix, Turner and many more.
Check SIMC Pune Placements
SIMC Pune Ranking
The college has been recognized by various academic bodies for excellence in a variety of fields. Some of the academic recognitions are:
|Body/Print Media||Acknowledged as/Rank|
|India Today | 2019||4th best media college in India|
|Best Master’s | 2019||8th best MBA (CM) program in Central Asia|
|Outlook | 2018||2nd best Mass Communication across India|
|The Week | 2018||4th in Top Mass Communication College|
SIMC Pune Scholarship
To encourage deserving students and reward academic excellence, scholarships/freeship/awards are offered to deserving students of the University by the Symbiosis Society Foundation. The various scholarships given are:
- Postgraduate Merit Scholarship: The Institute offers a yearly scholarship to the toppers of the semester in both the programs i.e. MBA and MA. Due to a limited number of seats available, the award would be based on academic excellence i.e. s/he must have scored a GPA of 7.50. There is no income limit of parents/guardian of the student.
- Jayatee Deshmukh Award: This scholarship is awarded to a girl student admitted to any Symbiosis Institute. For UG students, she must have secured the highest percentage in the entrance test i.e. SET. She will be awarded an amount of INR 25,000 which will be paid to the Institute. For PG student, the girl student securing the highest marks in SNAP test will be awarded a scholarship amount of INR 75,000.
- International Scholarship: Symbiosis University and Indian Council for Cultural Relations has developed a joint scholarship program to offer an opportunity for foreign students to pursue higher studies. This will be awarded to 1 UG and 1 PG student for a full-time program and will cover full tuition/ academic fee, accommodation and food stipend as per the norms.
SIMC Pune Alumni
The below mentioned are some of the alumni who have been passed from this college
- Navneeth Mohan, Chief Operating Officer in Network 18 Media & Investments- E18
- Sanjeet Saha, Vice President – International Business in Star TV
- Shilpa Kannan, Reporter - India Business Report on BBC News
- Gaurav Sinha, Deputy Head of Communication in Audi India
- Anagha Bhojane, Media Manager in Kraft foods
SIMC Pune Facilities
Mentioned below are some of the infrastructural facilities provided by Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication:
- Computer Lab: Enabled with technologically advanced systems, high internet bandwidth and the latest software the computer lab is fully equipped to fulfill every need of the students. It consists of 80 Dell powered, the internet enables work stations with 15’ flat screens where students are provided with individual personal server space for work.
- Studios: Studios which are fully equipped shooting floor with a multi-camera set-up. It has all the equipment required to meet contemporary production standard. Some of the standard instruments are a Teleprompter Pro System, microphones like Azden SGM 2X and Sony ECM 77B along with Audio Visual Equipment like the Panasonic Handicams and DVX-102.
- Library: With a collection of more than 2 lac books, SIMC Pune has subscribed to various online databases/ periodicals to meet the research needs of the students and faculty members.