Updated On - June 11th 2018
Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication popularly known as SIMC is the premier institute for pure-play Media & Communication which nurtures talents in the area of producing media content and developing future leaders for managing creative businesses. Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication will be the preferred destination for all who aspire to excel in the field of Media and Communication Management.
- SIMC is affiliated to Symbiosis International University and approved by AICTE.
- Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade.
- The College covers all aspects of the media and communications industry through our cross-section of advertising, public relations, media management, journalism and audio-visual courses.
- The college blends seasoned academicians and industry professionals, to facilitate practical knowledge along with theory.
- Misuse of National and International brands in Rural and Semi-urban markets in India
- The Great Indian Television Soap Opera – Issues of Identity and Socio-cultural Dynamics
- Glocalization of Reality Shows on Indian television
- Probity in Governance: Towards Institutional Integrity
The below mentioned are some of the alumni who have been passed from this college
- Navneeth Mohan, Chief Operating Officer in Network 18 Media & Investments- E18
- Sanjeet Saha, Vice President – International Business in Star TV
- Shilpa Kannan, Reporter - India Business Report in BBC News
- Gaurav Sinha, Deputy Head of Communication in Audi India
- Anagha Bhojane, Media Manager in Kraft foods
SIMC Pune Placement:
2.4 Lacs per annum
4.3 Lacs per annum
No. of Students
- SIMClairvoyance - It is a medium where all the experts get together & share their insights, experiences & most importantly foresights with the young media learners.
- SIMCatalyst - An industry-student interaction activity.
- SIMColloquium - It provides a chance to the students to be exposed to divergent thought procedures.
- SIMCandid - It is an open raised area for SIMC students to involve with young waged experts from various industries.
Enabled with technologically advanced systems, high internet band-width and the latest software the computer lab is fully equipped to fulfill every need of the students. It consists of 80 Dell powered, internet enables work stations with 15’ flat screens where students are provided with individual personal server space for work.
Studios which are fully equipped shooting floor with a multi camera set-up. It has all the equipment required to meet contemporary production standard. Some of the standard instruments are a Teleprompter Pro System, microphones like Azden SGM 2X and Sony ECM 77B along with Audio Visual Equipment’s like the Panasonic Handicams and DVX-102.
- SIMCinema - It is the annual audio visual focused event which explores and pays tribute to different forms, movements and cultural traditions.
- SIMCarnival - A cultural festival internal to SIMC but put up with all the grandeur of an international stage show.
SIMC Pune Ranking:
The college is the largest Post graduate institute in the Media and Communication space. Each one of the college’s specialization areas is either ranked 1 or 2 as per published rankings. Some of the academic recognitions are:
- Best Industry Related Curriculum - BloomBerg, UTV
- Best Industry Related Curriculum in Advertising - IMPACT
- Leadership in PR Education 2009 - Public Relations Council of India
- Best Advertising Syllabus- Business Affair
- ABP NEWS National B-School Award, 2013, for the best curriculum of MBA (Communication Management) program
Achievements: Some of the student’s achievements are:
- Ashish Vaswani and Arjun Krishna Kumar bagged the first position in the ‘Rajagiri National Business Quiz 2013’
- Shikha Pathak successfully gets to represent India at the ‘Telenor Youth Summit 2013’, to be held between December 9 and 11, at Telenor HQ and the Nobel Peace Centre, in Oslo, Norway
Scholarship: To encourage deserving students and reward academic excellence, scholarships/freeship/awards are offered to deserving students of the University by the Symbiosis Society Foundation. The various scholarships given are:
- Undergraduate Merit Scholarships
- Postgraduate Merit Scholarships
- University Sports Scholarship
- Jayatee Deshmukh Award
- Merit Scholarship for SNAP and SET