Latest Update: SIMC Pune has started its registration on October 27, 2020. The aspiring students will be required to fill an online application form available on the official website of SIMC Pune. The application fee for the same is INR 1,250.
|Important Dates for Admission Cycle - MA (Mass Communication) Program - Batch 2021-23|
|MA (Mass Communication) Phase I|
|MA (Mass Communication) Program Online Registration Starts||October 27, 2020|
|MA (Mass Communication) Program Registration Closes||January 18, 2021|
|MA (Mass Communication) Last Date of Payment||January 18, 2021|
|SIMC Pune MA (Mass Communication) Online Entrance Test||February 7, 2021|
|SIMC Pune MA (Mass Communication) Test Result||February 17, 2021|
|MA (Mass Communication) Phase II|
|Shortlist of Candidates for GE-PIWAT||February 26, 2021|
|Panel Interview and Written Ability Test (GE-PIWAT)||March 20,21 2021|
|Announcement of First Merit List||April 6, 2021|
|Last Date of Fee Payment of First Merit List (1st installment)||April 27, 2021|
Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, popularly known as SIMC Pune, is a premier institute for Media & Communication. It is affiliated to Symbiosis International University and approved by AICTE. SIMC Pune has been accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ grade. The media institute provides mainly 2 academic programs viz. MBA(CM) and MA(MC). The admission to the Institute is done through an entrance exam conducted at the university level.
Know more SIMC Pune Admissions 2020
SIMC Pune Ranking
The college has been recognized by various academic bodies for excellence in a variety of fields. Some of the academic recognitions are:
|Body/Print Media||Acknowledged as/Rank|
|The Week | 2020||3rd Best Mass Communication College in India|
|India Today | 2020||3rd Best Media College in India|
|Best Master’s | 2019||8th Best MBA (CM) program in Central Asia|
|Outlook | 2018||2nd Best Mass Communication across India|
|The Week | 2018||4th in Top Mass Communication College|
SIMC Pune Courses and Admission
The media institute offers the following academic programs:
Course 1: MBA in Communication Management (CM)
- Duration: 2 years | Full-time
- Intake: 120
Admission procedure: Application to SIMC’s MBA (Communication Management) program is a two-step process:
- Applicants need to register themselves first for SNAP 2020 and pay INR 1,750 through Netbanking or Demand Draft. After registration, they will be provided with SNAP Id and password which is essential for the next step.
- The registered candidates will be eligible to apply for MBA (CM) program in SIMC Pune. A mandatory program fee of INR 1,000 is to be paid to SIMC-Pune.
Course 2: MA in Mass Communication (MC)
- Specializations: Journalism, Audio-Visual
- Duration: 2 years | Full-time
- Intake: 60
Admission procedure: Application for this program includes three steps:
- Aspiring students will be required to fill an online application form available on the official website of SIMC Pune (www.simc.edu).
- They also need to pay a non-refundable fee of INR 1,250 through Netbanking.
- After registration, the students will need to appear for SIMC Pune MA (MC) Online Entrance test.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). Students appearing in their final year examination can also apply but their admission will be subject to required marks.
NOTE: International students seeking admissions in Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune can contact the office at Symbiosis International (Deemed University) or check their website. email@example.com.
Click here SIMC Pune Courses and Fee
SIMC Pune Placements
Given below are the placements records of the media institute
Placement Statistics of MA(MC) - Journalism
|Highest Salary||INR 7 LPA||INR 13 LPA||INR 13 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 3.6 LPA||INR 5.6 LPA||INR 4.78 LPA|
Placement Statistics of MA(MC) - Audio-Visual
|Highest Salary||INR 5.5 LPA||INR 5.5 LPA||INR 6.5 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 3.5 LPA||INR 3.86 LPA||INR 4.11 LPA|
Some of the top recruiters include Thomas Reuters, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd., Glitch Media Pvt. Ltd., The Times Network and many more.
Placement Statistics of MBA in Communication Management
|Highest Salary||INR 10 LPA||INR 14 LPA||INR 9 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 5.4 LPA||INR 6.03 LPA||INR 5.85 LPA|
Top recruiters include Cognizant, ICICI Bank, MediaBrands, Kantar, VML, Resultrix, Turner and many more.
Check SIMC Pune Placements
SIMC Pune Scholarship
To encourage deserving students and reward academic excellence, scholarships/freeship/awards are offered to deserving students of the University by the Symbiosis Society Foundation. The various scholarships given are:
- Postgraduate Merit Scholarship: The Institute offers a yearly scholarship to the toppers of the semester in both the programs i.e. MBA and MA. Due to a limited number of seats available, the award would be based on academic excellence i.e. s/he must have scored a GPA of 7.50. There is no income limit of parents/guardians of the student.
- Jayatee Deshmukh Award: This scholarship is awarded to a girl student admitted to any Symbiosis Institute. For UG students, she must have secured the highest percentage in the entrance test i.e. SET. She will be awarded an amount of INR 25,000 which will be paid to the Institute. For PG students, the girl student securing the highest marks in the SNAP test will be awarded a scholarship amount of INR 75,000.
- International Scholarship: Symbiosis University and Indian Council for Cultural Relations has developed a joint scholarship program to offer an opportunity for foreign students to pursue higher studies. This will be awarded to 1 UG and 1 PG student for a full-time program and will cover full tuition/ academic fee, accommodation and food stipend as per the norms.
SIMC Pune Facilities
Mentioned below are some of the infrastructural facilities provided by Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune:
- Computer Lab: Enabled with technologically advanced systems, high internet bandwidth and the latest software the computer lab is fully equipped to fulfill every need of the students. It consists of 80 Dell powered, the internet enables work stations with 15’ flat screens where students are provided with individual personal server space for work.
- Studios: Studios which are fully equipped shooting floor with a multi-camera set-up. It has all the equipment required to meet contemporary production standards. Some of the standard instruments are a Teleprompter Pro System, microphones like Azden SGM 2X and Sony ECM 77B along with Audio Visual Equipment like the Panasonic Handicams and DVX-102.
- Library: With a collection of more than 2 lac books, SIMC Pune has subscribed to various online databases/ periodicals to meet the research needs of the students and faculty members.
- Hostel: The hostel rooms of SIMC Pune are practically fully-furnished two and three seater rooms with attached bathrooms. Apart from the breath-taking view, residents of the hostel enjoy conveniences like hot water, morning tea and a common area with a television.
- Health: The institute is well equipped for first-aid and outpatient treatment, with physicians and nurses from Symbiosis Centre for Health Care, the Health Centre is located at a stone's throw from both hostels. An ambulance is always available and kept on standby for emergencies.
SIMC Pune FAQs
Ques. Who are the top recruiters of SIMC Pune?
Ans. SIMC Pune's top recruiters include Cognizant, ICICI Bank, MediaBrands, Kantar, VML, Resultrix, Turner and many more.
Ques. Who are the respective alumni of SIMC Pune?
Ans. The below mentioned are some of the alumni who have been passed from this SIMC Pune:
- Navneeth Mohan, Chief Operating Officer in Network 18 Media & Investments- E18
- Sanjeet Saha, Vice President – International Business in Star TV
- Shilpa Kannan, Reporter - India Business Report on BBC News
- Gaurav Sinha, Deputy Head of Communication in Audi India
- Anagha Bhojane, Media Manager in Kraft foods
Ques. Can I be employed during my course at SIMC Pune?
Ans. No. These are full-time programs. You cannot be employed during your course at SIMC Pune.