Christian Medical College, Ludhiana was established in 1894. It is the first medical school for women in Asia which offers undergraduate, post-graduate, and super specialty courses. Christian Medical College, Ludhiana is affiliated to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab. It is an educational and research institution of all India character established and run by the minority Christian Community.
It provides admission to MBBS, 66 post-graduate diploma & degree medical courses, 35 Allied Health Science courses, super specialty medical courses, Bachelor of Science, Master of Science and diploma courses in nursing & other fields, Fellowship courses and PhD courses.
CMC Ludhiana Highlights
Type of College
Medical Council of India (MCI)
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
MBBS/ BDS/ MD/ DM/ MS/ PG Diploma
Brown Road, Ludhiana, INDIA.
CMC Ludhiana Courses Offered
- MBBS - CMC Ludhiana offers 5 years full time course in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. The admission in this course is invited through NEET UG scores followed by counselling. Check more details here - CMC Ludhiana MBBS admission.
- Master of Surgery (MS) - This is a 3 years full time course. The application process for this course starts around the month of December
- Doctorate of Medicine (DM) - This is one of the PG courses offered by the CMC Ludhiana. Candidates need to have NEET PG score in order to seek admission. Check here for more information - CMC Ludhiana BSc Nursing and BPT Admission
- Master of Chirurgiae (M.CH) - It is 3 years full time course. For M.Ch courses, an applicant must have obtained a postgraduate degree in Surgery (MS) from a recognized University.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) (Dermatology) - This program is offered on the basis of common entrance test (NEET PG). The duration of the course is 3 years.
- PG Graduate Diploma - CMC, Ludhiana also offers PG graduate diploma course of 2 years duration.
CMC Ludhiana B.Sc Nursing, BPT and MBBS/ BDS Course Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for CMC Ludhiana B.Sc Nursing, BPT and MBBS/ BDS Course is given below separately. The candidates are suggested to ensure their eligibility before applying for the course and seek admission in CMC Ludhiana.
For BSc Nursing and BPT Course
- For admission to B.Sc. Nursing a candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English individually with minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 examination (40% for SC/BC).
- For admission to BPT course, a candidate must have passed in 10+2 examination with pass marks (50%) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Mathematics
For MBBS/ BDS Course
- Candidates must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/BC) in the qualifying examination of Class 12.
- The candidates must have qualified NEET 2018.
CMC Ludhiana PG Eligibility Criteria
Nationality - Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Candidate must hold MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI or a foreign medical degree included in the schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- Such Candidates must obtain full registration from the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils after completing compulsory rotating internship.
- An Indian National who qualified from a Foreign University/ School must produce an eligibility certificate recognizing the qualifying examination as equivalent to MBBS, as recognized by the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences and the Medical Council of India.
Read the complete eligibility requirment of CMC Ludhiana courses
Other facilities in CMC Ludhiana
Christian Medical College, Ludhiana has lavish green lawns & gardens with variety of attractive plants and seasonal flowers. An open ground is also available for conducting sports, and other open stage program within the safe premises of the College Campus.
Separate toilet facilities are available for both gents and ladies in each floor college is having own thirty two seater bus for transportation of students to the areas for field experience in Community Health Nursing. College is equipped with fire extinguishers and other safety and security measures.
Read more about CMC Ludhiana admissions