Government Dental College, Jamnagar was established 21 years back with a vision to provide quality health care services through patient safety and training programs. This institution emerged when there was a scarcity of good dental institutions in Gujarat and helped to foster the growth of dentistry as a profession in the state. Being at the heart of the town the institute is easily approachable, and the state-of-the-art infrastructure is well planned and maintained.  The 85% of the seats in the undergraduate courses is filled by state merit and the rest 15% is filled by all India merit.  The college is also planning to expand its scope by introducing a postgraduate programme soon. The institute is committed to provide user-friendly healthcare to its patients and maintain a rejuvenating environment for its patients as well as for its students.

Facts and Figures of Government Dental College, Jamnagar

 Establishment Year


College type



Saurashtra University


Dental Council of India




Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) course


100 students



Why Join Government Dental College, Jamnagar?

  • Infrastructure: The vast infrastructure comprising of clinical and non-clinical departments is ensured to function efficiently with well-equipped and trained faculties.
  • Training: Students get the opportunity for additional training in patient care during assignments at affiliated hospitals and externship areas in different locations all throughout the state.