Chakdaha College was established in 1972 in Chakdaha, Nadia district of West Bengal, India. College is affiliated by the University of Kalyani. It is a well-known university by the University Grant Commission (UGC). This is a public college known for its UG courses in the field of arts, science, and commerce. Apart from normal courses, college also provides Hons. courses. Admissions to first year are strictly merit based through entrance examination. Aspirants will be eligible for admission if they have passed their 10 + 2 examination.
Candidates can directly fill the application form online by going to the official website of the university and can pay the application fees online by credit or debit card and net banking. Apart from studies college also provides library facility, the college provides hostel facilities to the students, Gym, Sports complex, Cafeteria, Auditorium, Medical Services, IT infrastructure, Labs and alumni association.
The college has an active placement session. Many industrial fairs are held every year on college campuses and students can go for an internship to prestigious institutions. The college also provides ample opportunities.
Chakdaha College Highlights
|Name of the institute||Chakdaha College|
|Established I Institute type||1972 I Public University|
|Entrance Exam||University Entrance Exam|
|Courses offered||UG (General and Hons.)|
|Popular Courses||BA, B.Com, B.Sc.|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit based|
|Facilities Available||Library, sports, cafeteria, auditorium, Labs, Hostel, etc|
Chakdaha College Courses
Chakdaha College provides graduation courses in the field of arts, science, and commerce under various specializations. Tabulated below are some details of the course.
|Course||Specialization||Duration||Basic Eligibility Criteria|
|BA (General & Hons.)||Bengali||3 years||10+2 or any other equivalent exam from the recognized board in the relevant subject with English as one of the subjects.|
|Education (General only)|
|B.Com (General & Hons.)||Accountancy|
|B.Sc. (General & Hons.)||Chemistry|
|Computer Science (General only)|
|Statistics (General only)|
Read more: Chakdaha College Courses & Fees
Chakdaha College Admissions
Candidates who want to take admission in Chakdaha College need to clear the entrance exam first.
- For admission to any of the UG courses, the candidate has to pass the accepted entrance exam, which is conducted by the university.
- If the candidate belongs from the reserved candidates, they will get the 5% relaxation in the minimum percentage required by the college.
- Students can also apply via sports quota, for admission in the college.
How to apply?
- For admissions in Chakdaha College, candidates need to fill the application form which is available at their website.
- Choose the degree and the courses interested in (Maximum 8 courses can be opted for in single form).
- Application Fees is INR 20 for each course which is to be paid through online mode only.
- Print the application form for further reference.
- After the submission of the form, candidates will be called for the counselling round if they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Read more: Chakdaha College Admissions 2020
Chakdaha College Facilities
College provides all the facilities to their students for their best stay in the college. Some of them are:
- Library: The students can find rich collections of books. More than 20,000 books are found related to all the topics.
- Hostel: The students can have a pleasant stay in a hostel; they have to stay in the hostel only till they complete their courses.
- Food: College only provides pure veg foods to their students.
- Other facilities: Cultural and Sports, Labs, Medical and many more.
Chakdaha College Faculty
The faculty of the Chakdaha College is positive-minded and encouraging. They always help their students and guide them to the right path. The College has well-qualified teachers, most of them are M.SC holders and rest are M.Tech and as well as Ph.D. holders. They are very supportive and have deep knowledge of their subject. The college is successfully run under the administration of president of college Sri Dipak Chakraborty.
Read more: Chakdaha College Faculty
Chakdaha College Scholarships
- Stipend for meritorious and poor students is given from the Teachers’ Council.
- Financial help for poor students is done by the Students’ Union.
- Financial aid through the Students’ Aid Fund for which students are selected based on honor, class attendance, and financial status of students.
- Government of India provides scholarships to students belonging to OBC/ SC/ ST category.
Read more: Chakdaha College Scholarships
Chakdaha College FAQs
Ques. How can we apply for the sports quota?
Ans. Candidate can apply under sports quota by filling the different form which is known as sports quota form. Those who are willing to take admission via sports quota can get this form for free from the college.
Ques. Is there any foreign or NRI quota available?
Ans. Yes, college provides foreign quota, for this candidate needs to submit their visa within one month prior to the admission. One foreign student seats are there in each course which depends on the merit secured by them is equivalent to the H.S. Examination of W.B.C.H.S.E.
Ques. What is the application fee of the college?
Ans. Application fee depends upon the number you select, for each course the application fee is INR 20, and candidates can select at max 8 courses.
Ques. Where is the university campus located? What is the distance between the university and railway station?
Ans. The university is located in Rabindranagar, Palpara, Chakdaha, and West Bengal 741222. University is 1 km away from the Chakdaha railway station and it will take around 2 minutes to cover this distance.
Ques. What are the required documents for the Admission process?
Ans. Last qualification mark sheet / all semester mark sheets / Provisional Certificate 10th mark sheet. 10th Certificate 12th Certificate 12th mark sheet. Character Certificate, Income proof Degree / Diploma Certificate of the qualifying examination Scorecard passport size colored photographs, and Migration Certificate.