Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (VMMC) is a prominent medical institute in India. The college was ranked among the best 17 medical colleges in 2017 by India Today and The Week. Currently, VMMC is offering admissions to Undergraduate, and Post-graduate courses as per Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) admissions. The college has excellent faculty with more than 20 years of experience. Most of the teachers are doctors at Safdarjung Hospital.
Highlights of Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
Here is a quick glance at VMMC:
Recent Happenings: New national-level online integration course was started by the Department of Urology a few months back. The department is running live telecast of surgeries for students. The students are able to see minute details of the surgery without any edits.
Within just 6 months of time, viewers increased from 25 to 1,400. The college is now planning to initiate the course in a more mannered way.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Courses
VMMC offers Super Speciality, Undergraduate, Diploma, and many more courses. Details of each course vary in their duration, requirements, and fees. A brief about the same is tabulated below:
|D.M/M.Ch (Doctorate of Medicine/ Master of Surgery)||Criteria: Common Online Counseling by DGHS.|
|Duration: 3 years.|
|Minimum requirement: MBBS/MD/MS/DNB degree; rotating internship certificate.|
|PG (MS/MD/Diploma)||Criteria: Common Entrance Test(CET)|
|Duration: 2-3 years|
|Minimum requirement:MBBS degree; 1-year rotatory internship; permanent registration with MCI/any State Medical Council.|
|MBBS||Criteria: CET/NEET Duration: 4.6 years|
|Minimum requirement: Registered with MCC; NEET qualifier; from Delhi State Region.|
|DNB(Diplomate National Board)|
Criteria: Counseling by NBE
Duration: 3 Years
Minimum requirement: Guidelines of NBE
Specialties: Neuro Surgery, Paediatric Surgery, Urology, Anaesthesia, Radio-diagnosis, Paediatrics, PMR, Sports Injury Centre.
|Para Medics ||Criteria: CET|
|Duration: 3 years|
|Minimum requirements: Varies from course to course in Para Medics.|
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technician
- MLT (Voc.) Apprenticeship training
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Technician
- Short-Term Training and Observership
|Observership||About: Under this program, candidates are allowed to attend surgeries, procedures, patient rounds, and conferences. The program gives informal shadowing experience of medical practices to students.|
|Duration: 2 weeks-3 months|
|WHO Fellowship||About: It is a training program conducted by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. Students not just observe all the procedures but are actually involved in practical operations.|
|Duration: 2-6 weeks|
|B.Sc (H) Nursing||Criteria: Merit-based|
|Duration: 4 years|
|Minimum requirements: 50% aggregate in 10+2 with Science(Physics, Chemistry, Biology)|
Here is a pictographic representation of fees of significant courses at VMMC:
READ MORE: Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Course and fee
Seats at VMMC?
VMMC welcomes students from all regions. Students from Nepal and Afghanistan are studying at the institute. Unlike other Delhi Colleges who offer only 15% seats to the All India Students, VMMC offers 40–45% seats to All India students, which brings more cultural and social diversity in the college.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Admissions
Admission in VMMC courses is either entrance based/Merit-based or Counseling based.
Entrance and Merit-based admissions require a few common documents and scores of entrance exam for admission.
Whereas, D.M/M.Ch and DNB are two courses that have a long list of documents to be submitted at the time of admission. This list includes:
- High School Certificate for verification of date of birth.
- MBBS/DNB/MD/MS degree
- Detailed MBBS mark sheet
- Rotation internship certificate
- Delhi Medical Council/ State Medical Council/ Medical of India registration certificate.
- MD/MS/DNB Examination attempt certificate.
- If DNB degree holder, proof of the written thesis.
- Character certificate, No Objection certificate(NOC), Employer’s certificate(if employed).
- Admit card and Rank letter issued by NBE.
- A total fee of INR 41000.
- A surety bond of INR 2,00,000.
- Acceptance letter with a copy of allotment letter by NBE.
- A surety bond of INR 1,50,000.
- A total fee of INR 70,000.
- Original academic certificates with attested photocopy of the same.
- Medical fitness test at Safdarjung Hospital.
NOTE: Students applying for MBBS programs must qualify for the NEET exam. Different categories of students have different NEET cut off. Students must check cut off before applying.
For More Details: Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Admissions
Trending:Notification for Resident vacancies 2019 at VMMC has been released. Here are all the details:
- Junior Resident vacancies: 146
- Senior Resident vacancies: 432
-Job Location: New Delhi
-Last date to apply: December 3, 2019
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College: Internships
VMMC organizes internship programs for internal as well as external students at Safdarjung Hospital. MBBS degree holders can apply by registering themselves with the Delhi Medical Council of India and send all the required self-attested documents to the Principal of VMMC & SJH.
For Internship application documents: Click Here
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Residency Posts
VMMC’s postgraduate courses have sanctioned posts for its graduates.
Students pursuing MD or MS are known as resident doctors. They are called resident doctors because they have their medical graduate degree and are now engaged in medical practices for the experience. They are available 24X7 at the hospital.
Presently, VMMC provides 397 posts to junior residents and 480 posts to its senior residents. Pay scales for both ranges between INR 15,600-39,100. Junior residents are paid a grade of INR 5,400 and senior residents are paid a grade of INR 6,600.
More details:Junior Residents & Senior Residents
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College: Hostel
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College has a seven-story hostel building with facilities like Mess, TV room, sports, and much more. It provides separate accommodation to girls and boys. Girls Hostel of Vardhman Mahavir Medical College is in Ansari Nagar, New Delhi and boys hostel is in West Kidwai Nagar, Delhi.
VMMC does not guarantee hostel accommodation to all the students. It serves on a first come first basis.VMMC prioritizes MBBS students coming from a non-Delhi region for hostel accommodations and considers other students later if any seat left.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Quick Facts
Below are some quick facts about VMMC:
- It is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU).
- Recognized by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
- The college awards Gold medals to MD & MS Examination toppers.
- VMMC’s College of Nursing was upgraded in 2008. It offers B.Sc in Nursing program with an intake capacity of 250.
- The college was established at Safdarjung Hospital by the then Honourable Prime Minister Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Safdarjung Hospital is the largest hospital under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and is well known for its quality of services.
- This medical college & hospital has a specialty and super specialty departments like Dept. of Cardiac Surgery (CTVS), Cardiology, Neurology, Urology, Nephrology, Respiratory Medicine, Burns & Plastic, Paediatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, etc.
- It has modern facilities for angiography, angioplasty, valve replacement and repairs, coronary artery bypass grafting, lithotripsy, sleep laboratory, endoscopies, arthroscopies, video EEG, dialysis, spiral CT, MRI, automated blood Test analyzers, etc.