Dr. DY Patil Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (DYPIHM) is a Pune-based educational institution imparting quality education in the field of Hotel Management and Hospitality Studies. It has a sprawling campus located at Tathawade on the Banglore-Mumbai Express Highway, close to the Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park at Hinjawadi. The institute was established by the Dr. DY Patil Vidya Pratisthan Society.
- BHMCT candidates must apply for MAH-BHMCT-CET by visiting the DTE, Maharashtra website.
- B.Sc. HS candidates must apply through the institute admission process. Application forms can be collected in person or requested via post from the institute campus.
- Application fee for B.Sc. HS can be made in cash/ demand draft. For BHMCT program, application fee can be paid online.
- Only candidates with a non-zero MAH-BHMCT-CET score are eligible to apply for the BHMCT program.
- All candidates must have English as a subject at 10+2 level.
- Only Maharashtra candidates are eligible to apply under reserved category quota. A minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 is required of such candidates for admission purpose.
- B.Sc. HS candidates are selected on the basis of HSC merit.
- BHMCT candidates are selected on the basis of MAH-BHMCT-CET score through CAP counselling.
- Reservation is provided as per norms set by Govt. of Maharashtra and DTE, Maharashtra.
DYPIHM currently offers two undergraduate level programs in Hotel Management and Hospitality Studies. The programs include a Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT) with an intake of 60 students, and a B.Sc. program in Hospitality Studies with intake capacity of 60 seats. Both the programs are recognized by the Govt. of Maharashtra and are affiliated to Savitribai Phile Pune University (SPPU). The BHMCT program has an additional approval from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
|Name of the University||Dr. DY Patil Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology|
|Basic Admission Criteria||CET Score + Counselling|
|Name of Entrance Exam||MAH-BHMCT-CET|
Dr. DY Patil Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology – Admission 2019
Dr. DY Patil Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology offers undergraduate level degree courses in the fields of Hotel Management and Hospitality Studies. The institute currently offers a Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT) program and a B.Sc. program in Hospitality Studies (B.Sc. HS). The basic eligibility criteria for admission to these programs is a pass in 10+2 or HSC conducted by MSBSHSE. Candidates for both the programs must also have English as one of the compulsory subjects at 10+2 level. The minimum marks eligibility criteria for BHMCT candidates is 45% for general candidates, and for B.Sc. HS candidates is 50%. Selection of BHMCT candidates is done through CAP counselling, while B.Sc. HS candidates are selected on the basis of HSC core.
Aspiring candidates can fill the online application from for MAH-BHMCT-CET by visiting the DTE, Maharashtra website. Those with positive scores in the entrance test must register for CAP counselling. Allotment of seats for the BHMCT program is done on the basis of MAH-BHMCT-CET score. B.Sc. HS candidates must apply through the institute admission process. Only offline mode of application is allowed by the institute. The application fee for the B.Sc. HS program can be paid via cash or demand draft.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|BHMCT||Hotel Management||10+2/ equivalent with English, min. 45% marks||MAH-BHMCT-CET|
|B.Sc. HS||Hospitality Studies||HSC (MSBSHSE)/ 10+2 with English, min. 50% marks||Merit of HSC score|
- Candidates with Science/ Home Science/ Commerce/ Arts/ MCVC background are given preference.
- Reserved category candidates are allowed relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum marks eligibility criteria.
- Only non-zero scoring MAH-BHMCT-CET candidates are eligible for admission to the BHMCT program.
Detailed Application Process
Dr. DY Patil Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology offers admission to BHMCT candidates on the basis of CAP counselling conducted by DTE Maharashtra. Candidates with non-zero MAH-BHMCT-CET score can register for CAP counselling by visiting the DTE website. Seats are allotted according to merit.
For admission to the B.Sc. HS program offered by DYPIHM, candidates must apply through the institute admission process only. The detailed process of application for the B.Sc. HS program is as follows:
- Detailed advertisement inviting applications from eligible candidates is given is all local newspapers.
- Candidates can register for the program by visiting the institute campus and purchasing the application form and prospectus.
- The application form can also be requested via post by sending a demand draft for the prescribed application fee.
- Submission of the complete application form must be done before the assigned last date. This is applicable for submissions made via post and in person.
- An admission counselling team proffers additional guidance to the applicants and their parents/guardians about the course as well as the admission process.
- Candidates are notified of admission dates, cut off etc. via the notice board and institute website.
- SPPU admission guidelines are applicable for admission to the B.Sc. HS program offered by DYPIHM.
- 10th & 10+2 Certificates
- 10th & 10+2 Marks Cards
- MAH-BHMCT-CET Score Card (as applicable)
- MAH-BHMCT-CET Allotment Letter (as applicable)
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Aadhar Card/ Any Other Govt. Issued ID Card
- Demand Drafts for the Prescribed Admission Fees
Reservation is provided as per Government of Maharashtra and DTE norms. The following reservations are currently available at DYPIHM:
|Category||Reservation of Seats (%)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||13|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||07|
|Vimukta Jati/ De-notified Tribes (DT) (NT-A)||03|
|Nomadic Tribes 1 ((NT-B)||2.5|
|Nomadic Tribes 2 (NT-C)||3.5|
|Nomadic Tribes 3 (NT-D)||02|
|Other Backward Castes (OBC)||19|
Various scholarships are awarded to eligible and meritorious candidates in the form of prize money and fee waiver. Candidates can also apply for scholarships sanctioned by the central and state government.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College