Charuchandra College, Kolkata established in the year 1947, is a 71 years old college situated in the state of West Bengal. It is affiliated to the University of Calcutta. The college offers both Honors and General Undergraduate courses in the field of Science, Arts, and Commerce. Admissions to all the courses are done through online mode only as per the guidelines of the University of Calcutta. The college with its rich academic, sports, and cultural heritage looks forward to giving its students all the opportunities with which they can uplift themselves in their respective chosen careers or field of study.
Charuchandra College Highlights
|Affiliation||University of Calcutta|
|Accredited By||NAAC with grade ‘B’|
Charuchandra College Courses
Following are the courses offered by the college in the field of Arts, Science and Commerce:
|B.A. (Hons.)||Bengali, English, Political Science, Economics||10+2 with 50% marks in aggregate along with 45% marks in the relevant discipline.|
|B.A. (General)||-||10+2 with 30% marks in aggregate|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Zoology, Botany||10+2 with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% in the relevant discipline.|
|B.Sc. (General)||Physical Science, Bio-Science||10+2 with 30% marks in aggregate and 30% in Maths/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Biology.|
|B.Com (Hons.)||Accounting and Finance||10+2 with 50% marks in aggregate along with 40% marks in the relevant discipline.|
|B.Com (General)||-||10+2 with 30% marks in aggregate and 30% marks in related subjects like Economics/Statistics/Commerce/ Accounts/ Business Studies/|
Read more: Charuchandra College Courses and Fees
Charuchandra College Admissions
Admission to the College is not only based on merit but also on the marks obtained by them in the relevant discipline of the desired courses the candidates opt for. Candidates applying for all the Honors course the admission is based on the marks obtained by the aspirants in their 10+2 as well as the marks obtained in the relevant discipline is taken into consideration. For all the general courses, the admission is based on merit in the 12th examination.
During the admission process, a series of merit lists are released in accordance with the marks obtained by the aspirants applying for the desired courses. The college strictly abides by all the admission guidelines laid down by the University of Calcutta.
How to apply?
- Candidates must visit the official website of the college where they can create their application account.
- Once creating the application account, they must fill the form with all the required details correctly.
- Upload the documents and select the desired subjects
- Pay the fee of application via Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card option.
Read more: Charuchandra College Admission
Charuchandra College Scholarship
The College offers scholarship to their students as well, based on various criteria which are listed below:
- There are a number of scholarships which are laid down by the University of Calcutta itself. Thereby they are offered to the students of the college who are eligible.
- The fund raised by the government namely Kanyashree Prokalpa is there for the female students of the college.
- However, there are various funds available for the SC/ST as well.
- Separate funds are also available for students with a financially driven background.
Read more: Charuchandra College Scholarships
Charuchandra College Facilities
- Library: The college facilitates its students with a well-maintained library which has a bountiful collection of books and journals to enrich their knowledge in various field.
- Laboratory: The college has an accommodation of 8 laboratories for their students which are well built and well maintained by the college.
- Canteen: A good quality canteen is there with a variety of items and adequate sitting arrangements
Charuchandra College FAQs
Ques. Does the college follow any reservation?
Ques. Does the college charge any registration fees?
Ques. Does the college offer scholarship to the students?
Ques. What is the intake capacity of B.Com?