Institute Of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Goa is an autonomous institute established in 1984. Affiliated to National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Noida (NCHMCT), the Institute offers various undergraduate, diploma and certificate courses across various specializations. The institute imparts education to the students in the hospitality industry. Admissions to B.Sc courses are entrance based(NCHM-JEE) whereas admissions to Craftsmanship courses are merit based.
IHM, Goa Highlights
|Established | Type||1968 | Autonomous|
|Mode of Education||Full time|
|Rank||10th (by The Week)|
|Courses offered||UG, Diploma and Certificate courses|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, Diploma|
|Admission criteria||Entrance and Merit based|
|Top Recruiters||MCDonalds, Orchid Hotel, Madhura Fashion & Lifestyle, Grand Hyatt, The Oberoi|
|Facilities Available||Library, Auditorium, Labs|
IHM, Goa Ranking/ Awards/ Achievements
The ranking/ achievements of IHM, Goa are as under:
|The Week||10 out of 50 management hotels||2019|
IHM, Goa CoursesThe details about different courses offered by the Institute are given below:
|B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration||
|Craftsmanship Course in Food & Beverage Service||
|Craftsmanship Course in Food Production and Patisserie||
Read More: IHM Goa Courses & Fees
IHM, Goa Admissions
The admissions to B.Sc program are based on NCHM-JEE. Final selection is done on merit obtained in the entrance exam.
How to Apply?
Candidates are required to fill and submit the form through an offline mode
- Visit the official college website.
- Download the application form and fill in all the required details.
- Pay the fees through demand draft in favor of IHM, Goa.
- Submit the form along with the required documents mentioned below:
- Photocopy and original marksheet of 10th and 12th as well as passing certificate.
- Birth certificate
- Fitness certificate
- Category certificate
- Character certificate
Read More: IHM Goa Admissions
IHM, Goa Placements
The college provides average placements to the students along with internships. 95% of the students get placed every year. Some of the companies that have successfully recruited students are:
- Marriott international
- Hilton grant
- Taj mahal palace
- Pizza Hut
Read More: IHM Goa Placements
IHM, Goa Scholarships
The Institute provides financial assistance to the students. However, the students must fulfill certain criteria for being eligible for scholarships.
- 75% attendance must be maintained by the students each year.
- Parents income should be below INR 1,20,000
Post matric scholarships are:
- Available only to students belonging to SC, ST and OBC category.
- For SC students, the income must be below INR 2,00,000.
- For ST students, the income must be below INR 2,50,000
- For OBC students, the income must be below INR 1,00,000
Read More: IHM Goa Scholarships
IHM, Goa Facilities
The college provides some excellent facilities for the comfort of the students and to help them in growing in their respective fields. Some of the facilities are:
- Library: The Institute provides a well developed library with journals, magazines and books that could help students from every department. The library is well equipped with modern facilities for the comfort of the student.
- Auditorium: Auditorium of the Institute is well maintained. It is open to the students from all the departments. Many college functions are organized in the auditorium.
- Well equipped labs: The labs in the college are equipped with modern facilities and modern technology. It helps the students in accessing resources from different fields.
- Medical facility: Excellent and immediate medical assistance is made available for the help of the students. Proper hygiene is maintained.
Read More: IHM Goa Facilities
IHM, Goa Faculty
IHM Goa has a highly qualified and supportive faculty. Each department has professors with excellent academic qualifications. The details of the faculty of different departments are given below:
- Mr. Pankaj K. Singh(B.Sc, MNT): Lecturer
- Ms. Priti Shet(M.Com): Lecturer
- Ms. Mohini V. Khadji(B.Sc): Lecturer
- Vishal R. Suvarna(B.Sc, CMT): Lecturer
- Ms. Swati Sharma(B.Sc): Assistant Lecturer
Read More: IHM Goa Faculty
IHM, Goa FAQs
Ques. How many students appeared for NCHM JEE in 2019?
Ans. Admissions to more than 8,000 undergraduates were provided on the basis of merit in NCHM JEE 2019.
Ques. Which companies have been regularly recruiting nutrition professionals from the hospitality industry at IHM, Goa?
Ans. Some companies that have recruiting the nutrition professionals at IHM, Goa are:
- Hyatt corporation
- Accor hospitality
- Vatika group
- Taj group of hotels
Ques. What are the courses offered for IHM Goa 2020?
Ans. IHM Goa is providing 2020 admissions for B.Sc program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration, Food production and patisserie, Food and Beverage service, Craftsmanship in course in food production and patisserie.
Ques. How is the campus life at IHM, Goa?
Ans. Overall campus life of IHM, Goa is good. Apart from academics, students are also engaged in various co curricular activities. Regular workshops are also organized.
Ques. What are different future prospects of graduation in nutrition at IHM, Goa?
Ans. Some job prospects for the graduates of nutrition at IHM, Goa are -
- Quality control officer
- production manager