The Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition is one of the premier hospitality Institutes located in Pusa, New Delhi. It was set up in the year 1962 and provide quality education at Undergraduate and postgraduate level. The Institute is exclusively certified to HACCP. It was awarded the Best Institute for All Round Performance (2012-13). GHRDC has ranked IHM Pusa as No.1 in its annual ranking of Hotel Management Institutes across India for the year 2018-19.
IHM Pusa Courses
Below mentioned are the academic programs offered by the Institute:
|Courses||Eligibility||Number of seats|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics & Hospital Food Service||Graduate in Home Science or Graduate with Nutrition or B.Sc in Bio-Medical Science/ Biochemistry/ Applied Sciences/ Physical Education & Sports/ Biological Sciences/ Food Science & Technology or B.Sc Hospitality & Hotel Administration||
|Diploma in Food & Beverage Service||Class 10+2 or its equivalent with English as a compulsory subject||70|
|Diploma in Bakery & Confectionary||Class 10+2 or its equivalent with English as a compulsory subject||141|
|Craftsmanship Course in Food Production & Patisserie||Class 10 or 10+2 with English as a compulsory subject||141|
|B.Sc Hospitality and Hotel Administration||Class 12 or its equivalent with English as a compulsory subject||246|
|M.Sc Hospitality Administration||B.Sc Hospitality and Hotel Administration||50|
Know more IHM Pusa Courses with Fee
IHM Pusa Admissions
Candidates seeking admission in any of the course of the Institute will be required to fill an online application form available on the official website of the Institute. Amount of the application form Rs. 800/- for Gen./OBC and Rs. 400/- for SC/ST categories. They must fill all the necessary details with the utmost care. Final admission in any of the course will be based on merit obtained in the qualifying examination. For admission in PG Diploma, the overall percentage scored in all three years of graduation will be considered.
NOTE: The candidates must download the filled application form and submit it along with a DD in favor of “Principal, Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition, Pusa, New Delhi”. These documents should be submitted along with the self-attested photocopies of your mark sheets, age proof and category certificate or any other certificates must be sent by speed post to “Principal, Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi – 110012”.
Final selection of any candidate will be informed by a list displayed on the website or the notice board of the institute. Selected candidates are required to pay the fee and complete all formalities as per schedule displayed on the merit list, failing which their candidature stands canceled and admission will be offered to the next candidate in the next merit list.
The Institute has reserved seats for the following categories as per the Central Government Norms:
- Physically Handicapped Candidates: For physically handicapped candidates (PH) (including leprosy cured) as specified by the Government of India. Except for their admissible level of disability, such candidates should otherwise be fit to pursue the course.
- Orthopedically Handicapped Candidates: The candidates who have locomotion disability or cerebral palsy with locomotion impairment of a minimum of 40% and a maximum of 75% and fall in the following categories are eligible to apply.
- B.L. - Both legs affected but not arms
- P.A. - One arm affected (R or L) (a.) Impaired reach, (b.) Weakness or grip, (c.) Ataxia
- O.L. - One leg affected (R or L)
- M.W. - Muscular weakness and limited physical endurance.
- Visually Handicapped Candidates: Only those visually handicapped candidates who suffer from any one of the following conditions are eligible to apply. (i) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (swollen) in the better eye with correcting lenses. (ii) Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 or worse.
- Hearing Impaired candidates: Only those Hearing impaired candidates having disability between 40% to 75% shall be eligible. Mentally retarded persons are not covered under above reservations. At the time of submission of application, Physically Handicapped candidates will be required to necessarily attach the copy of Physically Handicapped Certificate issued by Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Central Government/ State Government/ Municipal Corporation-run Hospitals. Such candidates.
Know more IHM Pusa Admissions
IHM Pusa Placement
The Insititute has maintained a record of 100% placement for so many years. For this year, B.Sc students were offered more than 100 placements at management and executive levels. A total number of 36 companies visited the Institute for campus recruitment. The campus is also organized for PG Diploma, Diploma and Certificate Courses.
Some of the recruiters include The Park, The Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, The Starbucks, McDonald’s, Marriot, Lemon Tree, Tommy Hilfiger, IHG and many more.
Click here IHM Pusa Placement
IHM Pusa Rankings and Awards
The Institute is approbated time and again by Ministry of Tourism and has been bestowed with many awards. Following are some of the achievements of the Institute:
- Best Institute for All Round Performance (2012-13)
- Best Institute for Academic Performance (2012-13)
- Best Institute for Placement (2012-13)
- The Outlook has ranked IHM, Pusa as the Best Professional College across India
- India Today has ranked the Institute as Number 1 Institute of Hotel Management
- IHM, Pusa is the first and only institute of Hotel Management with HAACP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points)
IHM Pusa FAQs
Ques. What is the expected rank cutoff for IHM Pusa 2020 Admission?
|College||Categories||NCHMCT closing Rank|
|Open Category Physically Disabled||4270|
Ques. How many seats are available in IHM Pusa?
Ques. How to Apply for IHM Pusa Admission?
- 10th and 12th Mark Sheet and passing certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- NCHMCT-JEE Admit Card.
- NCHMCT-JEE Fee Receipt
- NCHMCT-JEE Score Card
- Caste Certificate
- Medical Certificate
Ques. Is IHM Pusa a government College?
Ques. What are the Courses provided by IHM Pusa?
Ques. What is the cost of studying BSc and MSc courses in IHM Pusa?
Ques. Does IHM Pusa offer industry exposure?