Acharya Prafulla Chandra College (APCC) was founded on 16 August, 1960 under the Dispersal Scheme with the joint participation of the State and Central Governments. The college is affiliated to the West Bengal State University with aids, assistance and grants from the Government of West Bengal and the University Grants Commission, New Delhi. The college has been working to set a pedagogic goal that is less hectoring and instructional and more learner facilitating.
Acharya Prafulla Chandra College Admission
The college offers UG & PG Courses in various disciplines. Admission requirements for the same are listed below:
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination.
- 50% marks in aggregate when the candidate has not studied the subject in his/her previous qualifying examination.
- Candidates who have passed their Higher Secondary or its equivalent examination are eligible to apply.
- Admission in PG Courses are based on the merit list on the basis of marks secured by the Candidate in the respective Honours subject in the last qualifying examination.
Read about Acharya Prafulla Chandra College Admission
Acharya Prafulla Chandra College Courses
The college offers UG & PG Courses in various disciplines. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|UG Course||B.A. (Honours)||3 Years||662|
|B.Sc. (Honours)||3 Years||921|
|PG Courses||M.Sc ||2 Years||159|
Note: The college also offers Distance Education in various UG, PG & Diploma Courses.
Click here APCC Courses & Fee
Acharya Prafulla Chandra College Placement
The College has a placement committee. It is making an effort to form a structured mechanism for career guidance and placement of its students. The college has organized lectures on career counselling programme, psychological counselling programme and seminars. The college also provides coaching classes for ST, OBC and minorities who have passed their 3 year degree course. The college assists them to prepare for the West Bengal Civil Services, and School Services Commission Examinations.
Some of the potential recruiters of college are Wipro, CTS, TCS, WBSEDCL and many more. Some of the students selected in GATE and NET Examination and now they are pursuing M.Tech. or Ph.D. in national institutes like CU, JU, ISI, IIT.
Check also Acharya Prafulla Chandra College Placement
Acharya Prafulla Chandra College Facilities
The college has a Central Library set up in 1960. The library has a rich collection of textbooks, reference books, journals, magazines, CD, newspapers for students and teachers.The Library consists of total 28,830 books. Full Computerization of the library is in the process and KOHA Software has already been introduced. The E-learning room is established separately within the library for students and staff for accessing of web resources. The Library is under CCTV surveillance.
Hostel facility for girls with capacity of 80 students and for boys the capacity is available for 80 students.
The college has taken initiatives towards providing medical assistance to the students. Highlighted below are the details for same:
- All the students are card holder of Students’s Health Home, West Bengal.
- In case of a medical emergency, nearby hospitals are contacted for assistance.
- The Scheme ‘Student’s Safety Insurance Policy’ provides insurance support to the policy holder incase of an accident as per the terms & conditions of the policy. An amount of Rs. 112/- plus the service tax @14.5% is paid by each student towards the annual premium of the scheme.
All the experimental studies departments have well equipped laboratory facilities. The college has 22 number of laboratories. There is a Language Lab with necessary software and modern aids enabling students to improve their communication skills.
The college has taken keen interest in sports activities. The infrastructural facilities on sports like playground, basketball court, volleyball court, badminton court, indoor games, multi gym equipment are available in the college. Every year, the students of the college take part in Inter-College sports meet of the West Bengal State University.
Seminar Room & Auditorium
The college has an air-conditioned seminar room with modern technical facilities. The hall is often used for Debates, Seminars, Council Meeting and Society’s events.
A fully-furnished 2-tier auditorium with 750 seating capacity.