Achhruram Memorial College Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Achhruram Memorial College was established in September 1, 1975 by Late Manoharlal Behl. The college is affiliated to the Sidho-Kanho-Birsha University since 2011. The college is recognized by the University Grants Commission since March,1982 and accredited by NAAC with grade 'B'. The college offers Bachelor Degree programmes in the field of Arts and Science
- Earlier, the college was known as Jhalda College, later it was renamed as “Achhruram Memorial College in the memory of Late Lala Achhruram Behl (1894-1964), an eminent industrialist and father of Late Sohanlal Behl, an eminent industrialist himself and the donor of the college
- The college is approved both under sections 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act
- In 1975, the college started general course of Arts and Science
- In 1988, Mathematics and History was introduced
- In 2009, the college stared Geography and Philosophy under Arts Hons.
- The college aims at providing higher education to students
- The college is located at the entrance of Jhlda town on the Purulia-Ranchi road. The college covers a moderate area of 26 bighas of land including a pond, a garden, some agricultural lands and the college buildings.
- The college has an area of 9 acres and more than 1500 students
- There is an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in the college under the guidelines of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) to maintain and enhancement of the quality and planning and monitoring all the developmental works of the college
The College facilitate spacious and well-equipped library with:
- 15000 books of all subjects
- Seating capacity of 25 students
- Computer, printing, internet and photocopying facilities
There is also a departmental library of English in which more than 150 well-edited textbooks, criticism or reference books edited or written by eminent writers, critics and scholars are kept.
There are 5 labs of Science Department and 1 of Geography Department.
- The college has well- furnished computer centre with 18 computers
- 4 LAN Terminals
- Internet Connectivity with BSNL Broadband
- NSS- National Service Scheme of the college has won incredible praise through devoted and able guidance of Programme Officers. The college organize various camps, rural development activities, awareness programmes, lectures, seminars, talks on social issues, academic, economic relevance
- NCC-National Cadet Corps provides military training to the students under the support of senior officers and tsend eligible cadets to different national level N.C.C. camps and engage the cadet for different uniformed defense services
- Sports – The college organize various state level sports & games competitions and tournaments
- Cultural activities like dance, singing, painting, etc are organized