Chotanagpur Law College, situated in Ranchi, Jharkhand offers programs in the field of law. It was established in 1954 as a result of constant efforts by Late Barrister S.K Sahay. The institute is accredited by NAAC and affiliated to Ranchi University, Ranchi.
Some of the popular courses offered are BBA+LLB, LLB and LLM. Admission is based on scores in CLAT, LSAT, LLMET, etc. Seats are reserved for students from different categories as proposed by Jharkhand Government.
Chotanagpur Law College Highlights
|Name of Institute||Chotanagpur Law College|
|Courses Offered||BBA+LLB, LLB, LLM|
|Affiliated to||Ranchi University|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Entrances Accepted||LSAT/CLAT/Entrance Exam conducted by college|
|Facilities Available||Library, MOOT court, Guest Lectures|
Chotanagpur Law College Courses
The courses offered by the college are tabulated below :
|BBA+LLB||Duration : 5 years
Eligibility : Candidates should have passed 10+2 examinations with at least 45% marks from a recognized board
Selection Criteria : CLAT/LSAT/Entrance Exam conducted by the college
|LLB||Duration : 3 years
Eligibility : Candidates should possess a graduation degree from a recognized university
Selection Criteria : LSAT
|LLM||Duration : 2 years
Eligibility : Candidates should have completed 3 years LLB programme after graduation with minimum 50% marks
Selection Criteria : LLMET
Chotanagpur Law College Admissions
The college conducts the admission process in online as well as offline mode. The procedure to apply for the admission is as follow:
- The application form can be obtained from the college office as well as from the official website.
- The application needs to be filled with all the details asked for and submitted with the DD of application fee.
- The amount to be paid and the scheduled dates will be available on the official website of the college.
- The application form along with the DD should reach the college office within the stipulated time.
- The list of selected candidates will be published on the college’s notice board, official website and local newspapers.
Chotanagpur Law College Facilities
The following facilities are provided by the institute to ensure hassle-free learning to it’s students :
- Library : The central library of the college houses more than 12,982 books, journals and magazines covering a wide range of general and special subjects. The library remains open from 8:30 AM till midnight so that the students can visit the library at any time.
- Identity-cum-Library Card : In the beginning of the course, the students are provided with a smart Id-Card which can be used as a library card.
- Barrister S.K. Sahay Lecture Series : The series of lectures are held fortnightly to increase the interactive skills and knowledge of the students. The lectures are conducted by well-known jurists and academicians.
- MOOT Court : To impart legal education, the college has a well established MOOT court with latest facilities and electronic devices such as scanner, photocopier, printer, internet facilities and also electronic case display system and electronic library.
Chotanagpur Law College Faculty
The institute has a team of 11 well qualified and experienced teaching faculty members along with 5 non-teaching faculty members. All the faculty members are Masters or Ph.D degree holders in the field of law.
- Principal : Dr. P.K Chaturvedi
- Assistant Professors : 8
- Guest Faculties : 2
- Non - Teaching Faculty : 5
Click here Chotanagpur Law College Faculty
Chotanagpur Law College FAQs
Ques. Does the college provide accommodation facilities?
Ques. Which courses are offered by the college?
Ques. Is the institute having any redressal cell?
Ques. What is the fee structure for the course of LLM?
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for BBA+LLB?
Ques. Does the institute provide reservation?