The College of Vocational Studies, Delhi is an Indian educational institute for higher learning, affiliated with the University of Delhi. It is a co-educational college, founded in 1972, with eCollege of Vocational Studies on vocational education to bridge the gap between traditional university educations & the varying socio-economic atmosphere.
- Along with the generic courses, the institute is also offering Honors Courses in Economics, Commerce, History, Business Economics and Computer Science
- The college intakes 740 students in its various courses
- The aim of the college is ‘to successfully intertwine overall education with work-oriented knowledge & skills’
The College of Vocational Studies provides all standard and required facilities to the students so that they face no obstruction in studies and day to day activities.
The College has a well stocked and fully air-conditioned library.
- It has three sections such as text book section, reference section & general section
- It also has a reading room that provides magazines & newspapers for general reading
- The library has 46,350 books, 4500 bound scholarly journals in its stock comprising of a good no. of valuable reference/ multi-disciplinary books
- The Library subscribes to 66 Journals and 14 newspapers for its users
- It also provides scholarly periodicals & journals for consultation
- It is fully computerized
The College of Vocational Studies encourages its students to participate in extracurricular activities so that there is an overall development of the students. It has countless associations & societies which work actively throughout the academic year in carrying out several cultural, social, & academic programs. Some of them are:
- The Commerce Association
- The History Society
- The Political Science Association
- The English and Hindi Debating Societies
- The Hindi Sahtiya Parishad
- The Cultural Society
- The National Service Scheme
- The Hiking and Adventure Club
- The Tourism Society
- The Punjabi Society
- The Foreign Students Association
- The Economics Society
The College brings out Vocana, its annual magazine. The objective is to instill a fictitious practice amongst students of the College.
The College of Vocational Studies conducts festivals which are organized by the students themselves so that they can learn cultural values, management techniques and leadership skills. Some of the festivals held by the College are:
- Rainbow: The annual fest
- MRIDANG: An inter-college cultural festival organized by the College each year around February
The various scholarships that are awarded to the students of the College of Vocational Studies to recognize their talent and hard work, on merit cum means basis are:
- C.V.S. Teacher's Scholarship
- Miss Ametoj Bali Scholarship: This scholarship instituted in the name of Ametoj Bali, a student of B.Com. (Honors) 3rd year who died in a car accident, carries an amount of Rs. 1, 200 per annum and is awarded to the 3rd year student standing first in the aggregate percentage for 1st & 2nd year, B.Com. (Honors) examination.
- Vidyasha Scholarships: Two Scholarships of Rs.1, 500 per annum instituted in the memory of Sh. Vidya Prakash Nayar are awarded to meritorious girl students.
- University of Delhi gives scholarships amounting to Rs. 250 per month for a period of 3 years to selected students, based on the results of the competitive examination conducted by them.