Adaikalamatha College - [AMC] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
The Adaikala matha College (AMC) is the first Self Financing College in Thanjavur district. The college was Started in the year 1988 by Dr.A.Arunachalam, M.A., M.B.A., M.L.,Ph.D., the Ist Registrar of Bharathidasan University and former Registrar of Madras Institute of Technology.
- Situated at Vallam, 7Km. from the historical town of Thanjavur
- The college is situated in green plains, with full natural ventilation
- The Institution provides quality education with good castigation and culture to the students. The college emphasis more on dignity, personality, creativity, leadership, and entrepreneur skills with human standards
- Approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) and is affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli.
The college also has various Departments, they are:
- Language Department
- Commerce Department
- Technology Department
- Social Work
- Management Studies Department
The college has other institutions too, namely:
- Adaikalamatha Institute of Management
- Arun College of Education
- Adaikalamatha Institute of Teacher Training
- Christhuraj Institute of Management
- Christhu Raj College
- Christhu Raj Institute of Computer Application
- Fr. Antony Matriculation Higher Secondary School
NSS (National Service Scheme):
- Personality development through social service.
- Inculcates the social welfare thoughts in the students, and to provide service to the society without any prejudice.
Red Ribbon Club:
Red Ribbon Club is a voluntary on-campus intervention program initiated and supported by the Tamil Nadu State AIDS Control Society TANSACS) and is implemented through multi-sectored collaboration involving National Service Scheme (NSS) and Youth Red Movement.
- A seating capacity of 300 numbers and fully Air Conditioned is available for the institute
- The hall is equipped with the latest teaching aids like LCD projector, slide projector and overhead projector
- It is utilised for conducting guest lectures, Conference, Faculty Development Programs, symposiums, seminars, placement Training programs and much more.
- A well-equipped library has 16600 volume of books in 8555 titles on different disciplines covering all major fields
- It subscribes 23 National & 31 International periodicals and 9 E-Journals
- Sports Day and Convocation are a delight to see, the grand events
- Students enthusiastically participate in races and the march past
- Rest other events are also held regularly, for example, visits to industrial areas and other areas, guest lectures, exchange programs and many more.