Jalpaiguri Law College situated in West Bengal was set up in 1981. It offers degree courses in Law stream and is approved by Bar Council of India. This college is affiliated to the University of North Bengal and is the only government-funded college in the residing district, which is solely dedicated to imparting knowledge of the law. This college offers Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Legislative Law (BA LLB) General and Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Legislative Law (BA LLB) Honours at the undergraduate level and a five-year full-time Integrated program in Law as approved by the Bar Council of India and affiliation to the University of North Bengal.
Jalpaiguri Law College West Bengal Highlights
|Affiliation||University of North Bengal|
|Approved by||Bar Council of India|
|Course Offered||BA L.L.B. (General), BA L.L.B. (Honours)|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Official Website Link||www.jalpaigurilawcollege.in|
Jalpaiguri Law College West Bengal Course
The college offers an undergraduate program, the details for which are as follows:
|BA L.L.B||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with a minimum of 45% aggregate
Duration: 5 years
Click here Jalpaiguri Law College Courses and Fees
Jalpaiguri Law College West Bengal Admission
The admissions to the BA LLB course at the college are done on the basis of merit rank in the intermediate graduate exam.
How to Apply?
- Open the college's official website and proceed to the online admission page fill and submit.
- After that, a message will be sent to the applicants registered mobile number for the payment of the registration fee.
- The application fee is INR 250, which is to be paid through Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card or through the bank challan. Applicants must submit a copy of the challan to college at the time of verification during Admission.
- In case of non or late payment of registration fee, the application will be canceled.
- The candidate has to wait for the college to put up the Merit List on the college website.
Jalpaiguri Law College West Bengal Placement
Placements after completion of BA LLB are mostly internships with other settled lawyers. Lawyers usually have to initiate practice in law courts or have to look out for companies hiring law graduates.
Several companies need law graduates to look into their personal and company matters to see that they are working on the right path.
Know more Jalpaiguri Law College Placement
Jalpaiguri Law College West Bengal Scholarship
The applicant who wants to apply for scholarships should apply at the start of the academic year. The students can get a scholarship under the following categories:
- College Merit Scholarship: Fee concession/ waiver Scholarship for students belonging to the economically weaker background.
- Merit-based scholarships: Awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit And National level Scholarship for brilliant students offered by the Central and state governments merit and national level scholarship offered by Union or state government to bright students.
Read more Jalpaiguri Law College Scholarship
Jalpaiguri Law College West Bengal Facilities
The list below gives information about the various facilities present at the college for the students:
- Library: The Library at Jalpaiguri Law College has a seating capacity of approximately 80 people. There is an open access system with unlimited access for the students, as well as the faculty members. This college has a collection of over 7,480 books including 1470+ reference books. This college also established a digital library which caters to the needs of the student as well as the staff members.
Click here Jalpaiguri Law College Hostel
Jalpaiguri Law College West Bengal Faculty
The college faculty under the leadership of Dr. Abhijit Bhattacherjee is highly motivated towards imparting a high level of professional knowledge to the students. This college has 17 faculty members who are well qualified in all aspects and have great knowledge and experience about their respective subjects. Besides teaching, they provide valuable practical knowledge to there students.
Jalpaiguri Law College West Bengal FAQs
Ques. Does Jalpaiguri law college offer hostel facilities to its students?
Ques. What are the admission criteria to get into Jalpaiguri law college?
Ques. What are some other law colleges besides Jalpaiguri law college?
- Indian Institute of Legal Studies is one of the pioneer law colleges in Durgapur, West Bengal, set up in the year 2009 and this college is also affiliated to the University of North Bengal and approved by the Bar Council of India.
- Bengal Law College, a private law college in Santiniketan, West Bengal. Established in the year 2006, it is affiliated to the University of Burdwan and well approved by the Bar Council of India.
- Bikash Bharati Law College is also a good option for law aspirants. Set up in 2006 the college offers a five-year integrated Bachelors’s Law degree. All these colleges are as good as Jalpaiguri law college in terms of course structure, facilities, as well as in other criteria.
Ques. What is the fee structure for BA L.L.B (General) BA .L.L.B (Honors) at Jalpaiguri law college?
Ques. What is your refund policy in case I am not able to complete my BA LLB Course?