DAV College Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
D.A.V. College, Hoshiyarpur was established in 1926 and it is affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh. The institute was recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2(f) in April 1956. The college was established by the trust, whose aim was to promote and spread education in the rural heartland of Punjab in pre partition days. It is Grant- In- Aided institution and has been accredited by NAAC with A Grade.
Popular alumni’s of the college
- Late. Shri Amrish Puri, Actor
- Ms. Upasana Singh, Actress
- Mr. Rajeev Arora, I.A.S.
- Mr. Sanjeev Arora, I.A.S.
- Department of English
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Commerce and Business Management
- Department of Economics
- Department of History
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Biology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Music
- Department of Fine Arts
- Department of Home Science
- Post Graduate Department of Political Science
- Post Graduate Department of Punjabi
Seats ( in percentage )
Armed Forces/CRPF, BSF ,Police
Teacher/Employee of teaching department
Wards of Martyrs/permanently disabled of Kargil War(except in partially financed,/elf financing courses)
- National Cadet Corps (NCC): The College offers opportunities of training under the National Cadet Corps. An NCC orientation is organized in the beginning of the each session to introduce the students to the benefits of joining NCC
- National Services Scheme (NSS): NSS unit of the college organize lectures on topics as are socially relevant besides organizing. Cleanliness Drivers, Blood Donation Camps in Rural Areas
- More than 36,000 books available for Under Graduate students
- subscribes to 50 Indian and foreign journals/magazines and newspapers
- 15,000 books available for Post Graduate students
The college brings out one issue of College magazine Arya Kumar. It comprises of Sanskrit, Hindi, Punjabi, English, Fine Arts, Computer and news Sections. It is compiled and published by an Editorial Board comprising of staff and students editors.