Seshadripuram Law College is situated in Bangalore in Karnataka, India. Established in 1984, it is recognized by Bar Council of India, New Delhi and it is affiliated to Karnataka State Law University. The college has a Governing Council duly constituted by Seshadripuram Educational Trust.
The institute offers two courses- 3 Year LL.B Course and 5 Year B.A LLB Course.Candidates can apply offline for the courses. The selection is merit-based.
The college provides all the basic facilities to its students.The college also conducts legal aid programmes in rural areas.The college has special dress code too on different days of the week.
Seshadripuram Law College Highlights
|Name of the College||Seshadripuram Law College|
|Recognised by||Bar Council of India|
|Accredited by||Karnataka State Law University|
|Courses||LL.B, BA LLB|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-Based|
Seshadripuram Law College Courses
The institute offers LLB and BA LLB courses with 60 intake in each.
|LLB||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Graduation with 45% aggregate marks
|BA LLB||Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: Passed PUC/ Class 12th/ 11 + 1 ‘A’ level with 45% aggregate marks
Read More: Seshadripuram Law College Courses & Fee
Seshadripuram Law College Admissions
Admissions to both courses are merit-based.
How to Apply?
Candidates have to fill the application form in offline mode to get admission to the desired course. Applications can also be downloaded from the official website.The steps to apply are given below:-
- Applications for admissions and brochure are available at the college admissions office.
- The application fee for both the courses is INR 300.
- Fill up the application form with correct information.
- Fee for registration has to be paid through Demand Draft.
- The DD must be issued in favour of The Principal, Seshadripuram Law College.
- Submit the application form along with the application fee
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate/ Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if needed)
- Five recent passport size photographs
- Income certificate (if needed)
- Application Form
Read More: Seshadripuram Law College Admission
Seshadripuram Law College Placements
The Placement Cell helps the students in reaching their goal. It offers the students with various internship opportunities which guides them about reputed law firms, advocate offices. Communication class & personality development programmes are also held for overall development of the students.
Legal Aid Camp is also present which provides legal assistance to the common people of the rural areas too.
Read More: Seshadripuram Law College Placement
Seshadripuram Law College Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded to the highly meritorious and sincere students.The Government of India Scholarships and Government of Karnataka Scholarships are awarded to the deserving students belonging to the economically backward classes.
Some of the notable Scholarship Awards offered by the Institute are-
- Sri K. C. Puttanarasaiah Endowment award for having secured highest marks in final year examination.
- Students who take admission to the Ist year of LL.B. course, with 90% and above in the qualifying examination will be awarded a cash prize of INR 5,000/-.
- Students who register 100% attendance in the class will be awarded a cash prize of INR 2000/-.
- Students who secure gold medals in the University Examinations will be awarded a cash prize of INR 5,000/- by the SET.
- Students who secure I rank in the University Examinations will be awarded a cash prize of INR 5,000/- by the SET.
- Students who secure an average percentage of 75% in the LL.B examinations will be awarded INR 10,000/- cash prize by the SET.
Read More: Seshadripuram Law College Scholarships
Seshadripuram Law College Facilities
- Library- The Library is well equipped with computerized sources,Internet Connectivity and CCTV surveillance. The library creates a very good reading environment for the Students and Staff members.There are 16,356 books, 30 Journals/Reports,3 Foreign Reports,2223 Back Volumes and 92 CD documents.
- Moot Court Hall- The College has well furnished Moot Court Hall. To encourage the skill of advocacy and to train the students in arguments, the Moot Court Competitions are held regularly. The Mock trials, client counseling sessions are conducted in the Moot Court Hall to enrich the students with skills of advocacy. The College conducts National level Competitions regularly in which participants across the country take part.
- Computer Laboratory- A well-equipped computer lab is present which has access to WiFi connectivity. Students also have access to Online Law Journal which helps them to update themselves with current affairs and thus can prepare themselves for their future in law fields.
- Sports- Department of Physical Education and sports is well equipped in the College.The college encourages students to take part in national level, state level and university level competitions.The college also provides facilities for indoor games as well as Outdoor Games.
- Alumni Association- The college has a very strong alumni association. Every year Annual Alumni Meet is organized where the ex-students share their success stories with the current students instilling in them the spirit of hard work.
- Study Centres- Seshadripuram Law College comprises three study centres - Swami Vivekananda Study Centre, Mahatma Gandhi Study Centre and Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Study Centre. The study centres encourage students with various guest lectures and seminars.
Read More: Seshadripuram Law College Reviews
Seshadripuram Law College Faculty
The faculty members are well qualified, dedicated, competent and inspiring. They aim at an all round development of the students and give them ample opportunities to bring out the best of their talents and a space to explore their abilities to make them competent to achieve their goals.
- Lecturers: 9
- Part-Time Lecturers: 8
- Librarian: 1
- Administrative Staff: 11
Read More: Seshadripuram Law College Faculty
Seshadripuram Law College FAQs
Ques. What is the scheme of LL.B course examination?
- University examination for 80 marks for 3 hours duration and
- Internal assessment for 20 marks will be conducted in the college as per university circular.
Ques. What is the dress code for the College?
Ans. The college has a strict Dress Code that all student must follow-
- Monday: Sky-Blue Kurta and off-white pyjama(Men)
Sky-Blue Kurta and off-white pyjama with off-white dupatta(Women)
- Thursday- Blazers/Coat with black and white uniform along with the college logo
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday- White kurta and black/white pyjama with black/white dupatta(Women)
formal black pants and white full arm shirts(Men)
Ques. Does the college arrange for any Internship Programs?
Ques. What are the services available in the library?
- AIR Web World
- Reference Service
- Current awareness service
- CD/DVD access
- Access to web resources including online database
- AIR database on CD
- Assisting users in accessing e-resources
- Literature search service, News paper clippings