IISER Kolkata an autonomous research and education institute in Nadia district of West Bengal. It was established in 2006 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The institute was established with an aim towards excellence in research in basic science at undergraduate and graduate level with equal emphasis on higher education.
- The institute act as the main node for Center for Space Sciences, India(CESSI) a multi-institutional Center of Excellence established through funding from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, GOI
- The institute has a Max Planck-DST Partner Group of ChemicalEcology under Department of Biological Sciences funded by Max Plank Society, Germany to study plant-insect interaction
- The institute follows a bi-semester system, which includes a spring (Jan-May) and autumn (Aug-Dec) semester for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in science. Admissions to Bachelor course are done through KishoreVaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) and JEE
Over 29,500 books (16500+13000)
How to Reach
Aerial Dist. From the airport 40 km
Rail Dist. 9 km
Road Dist. 1.7km from national highway
IISER Kolkata Courses and Eligibility
BS-MS Course Eligibility - IISER Kolkata Admission to the five year full-time BS-MS Dual Degree program is offered to the candidate passing 10+2 (Relevant Stream).
MS by Research Course Eligibility – The minimum eligibility required to apply for MS by Research program is BE/ B.Tech. Degree in relevant field.
Integrated Ph.D. Eligibility – Integrated Ph.D. program is open for candidates with B.Sc./ B.E./ B.Tech./ M.B.B.S. or an equivalent degree.
Ph.D. Course Eligibility – IISER Kolkata PhD program is offered to the candidates with Master’s Degree in relevant stream.
Post-Doctoral Research Program – The minimum eligibility to apply for Post-Doctoral Research program is Ph.D. in relevant stream.
Know more about IISER Kolkata Admission
IISER Kolkata Placement
The acumen of the trained students have been displayed in various fields and they are ready to join research and corporate world and contribute in various research fields and industries like Bioinformatics, Exploration & Mining, Specialty and Fine Chemicals, Polymers, Synthetic Chemistry, Optics, Statistical Modeling etc.
IISER Kolkata Ranking
IISER Kolkata Scholarships
All selected students are eligible for a monthly scholarship by KVPY/INSPIRE scheme
IISER Kolkata Facilities
- Hostel: 400 seater hostel for both girls and boys, with hostel warden on duty 24/7.
- Computer labs: For the course students and research scholars, the section manages a Computer center which has about 50 desktops and some of which are connected to form a small experimental cluster named Meghnad.
- Laboratories: IISER-K boasts of world-class equipment both for the teaching and the research laboratories
- Medical facilities: At least 20 doctors are assigned to the medical department of the university, which is believed in for the welfare of students as well as the staff members.
- Canteen: For the students and staff member there is an eating place where they can relax and have scrumptious food.
- Guest house: There is a few guest house accommodation for students as well as outsiders coming to visit the students.