JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty has been accredited by NAAC with A+ grade. It ranked 8th in India by NIRF Ranking-2019. The institution offers D. Pharm., B. Pharm., Pharm. D. courses for undergraduate and postgraduate aspirants. Institutes additionally offer PG Diploma and Certificate courses for excellence in pharmaceutical education and research. JSS College of Pharmacy is also known for its lucrative placements. Big Pharmacy companies like Dr. Reddys, NovoNordisk, Sanofi Aventis, Novartis, Macleods Indegene, Bioclinica, etc are some of the eminent recruiters. In 2019 the highest package stood at INR 6.2 LPA. Admissions in college for UG and PG courses are offered strictly based on entrance marks in JSS AHER - UG & PG exam
JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1980 I Private (Deemed to be University)|
|Approved by||Pharmacy Council Of India and AICTE|
|Affiliation||JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research, Mysore.|
|Entrance Exam||JSS AHER - UG & PG|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Diploma, Certification|
|Popular Courses||B.Pharm., Pharm. D.|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Campus Area||6.2 acres|
|Facilities Available||Wi-Fi, laboratories, Computer workstations, Library|
JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty Courses
JSS College of Pharmacy offers multiple courses in UG, PG., Diploma, Certificate Programmes. Below given is the representation of the same.
|Bachelors in Pharmacology (B. Pharm)||
Duration: 4 years.
Eligibility: Passed the 10+2 examination conducted by the respective state/ central government authorities.
|Bachelors in Pharmacology via Lateral entry.||
Duration: 3 year
Eligibility: The candidates having Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm.) qualification may join in the second year of B. Pharm. as a lateral entry.
|B. Pharm Practice||
Subject: Practice in Pharmacy
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: 1) An aspirant must pass a Diploma course in Pharmacy from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India. 2) Aspirant can be a registered pharmacist. 3) A minimum Prerequisite is four years of practice and experience in a community or hospital pharmacy
|M. Pharm||Subjects: Industrial Pharmacy, Pharma Quality Assurance Pharma Regulatory Affairs, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, Pharmacy Practice
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Aspirants must pass in B. Pharm Degree examination with not less than55%of the maximum marks.
|Doctor of Pharmacy – Post Baccalaureate (Pharm. D – PB)||
Duration: 2 Years +12 months of resident internship.
Eligibility: Aspirants must pass in B.Pharm from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India.
Subjects: Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
Duration: 5 years + 12 months of compulsory internship.
Eligibility. 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the two subjects: Mathematics or Biology or passed in D.Pharm
|D. Pharm||Subjects: Diploma in Pharmacy
Duration: 2 Years + 500 hours of practical training.
Eligibility: Passed 10+2 examination (academic stream) in Science or Any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India.
|Certificate Pharmacy programs||Subjects: Clinical Research, Herbal Drug Standardization, Medicine Information, Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
Eligibility: Passed 10+2 examination (academic stream) in Science or Any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India
Read more JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty Courses
JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty Admission
Admission at JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty is the entrance- based. Candidates for UG and PG courses are selected based on merit and marks secured in the JSS AHER - UG & PG entrance test. Whereas, candidates for Diploma and certificate courses are selected based on merit followed by the interview process. Students who would love to apply for courses in JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty may follow the below steps for the admission process:
- The application form is accepted through online mode only.
- Candidates would need to register themselves online on the official website of the university.
- Applicants should fill all the necessary details like personal details, educational details, and other valid qualifications accurately.
- Once the candidate has filled the application for the desired course; they would need to upload a recent photograph.
- Courses where JSS AHER marks are mandatory, JSS AHER details should be filled out carefully.
- Candidates must pay the application fees through the online mode of payment.
- The print out of the document would need to be kept safely for a hassle-free admission process.
- An entrance test is followed by an interview for admission in each course, so every document / online receipt should be photocopied for further references.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and documents verified can submit the registration fees for the admission to the course.
Click here JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty Admission
JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty Placements
Like any college, The Placement Cell has been set up which helped around 75 % of the students in successful enrolment into the training and placement. Students are suitably employed in leading pharma, Ayurveda, biotech companies, hospitals across the country.
Tabulated below are the placement statistics for undergraduate and postgraduate programs at JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty:
UG Courses Placement
|Academic Year||No. Of Students Placed||Median Salary (INR)|
PG Courses Placement
|Academic Year||No. Of Students Placed||Median Salary(INR)|
Know more JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty Placements
JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty Scholarship
JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty provides scholarships to students belonging to economically weaker sections. Students are also awarded Merit cum based scholarships by the college and Ratan Tata scholarship and all national-level scholarships to deserving students. College also accepts National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt. Scholarship falls broadly under two categories:
- GPAT Scholarships: All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi grants scholarship to those students who qualified GPAT assessment, and the college offers all authoritative help to benefit from such grants.
- Jagadguru Shivarathreeshwara University Scholarship: The University has built up a scholarship program to energize full-time research researchers and gives a grant of INR 5,000 PM for qualified researchers/students. Additionally, the PG students are also qualified to get the examination award from Jagadguru Shivarathreeshwara University, Mysuru.
Click here JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty Scholarship
JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members:
- Academic Buildings: There are also Six lecture halls (classrooms) Seminar rooms, laboratories, Computer workstations, Library and Information Centre, Digital Classroom, Auditorium, Multi-station Gym in this big campus for effective learning, and progressive evolvement of students and staff.
- Library: The library has more than 30000 titles and books for all departments on their shelves. There are more than 500 Journals of both Indian and Foreign Writers.
- Hostel: College has hostel facilities for both boys and girls with an accommodation capacity of 294 for boys and 290 for girls. All rooms are furnished and have wardrobe facilities.
- Computer Laboratory: The computer laboratory has ten computer printers. The laboratory exclusively benefits B. Pharm and Pharm. D. students.
JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty Faculty
JSS College of Pharmacy has highly qualified faculties that are committed to impart core educational establishments. The institute has a total of 45 faculty staff out of which 31 hold Ph. D. degrees and 01 hold M.Phil. degree. Every department has its Head and Dean and other faculties are working at positions such as Professor (15), Assistant Professor (16), Lecturer(12), Resident (02).
JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty FAQs
Ques. Does the college provide transportation services?
Ques. Do colleges have strict attendance rules?
Ques. How is the foundation course at JSS?
Ques. Are there any Ph.D. courses available?
Ques. Is there any dress-code for students?
Ques. Does JSS conduct any sports event?
Ques. Does the college have any well-equipped Laboratory?
Ques. Are there any additional Co-curricular occasions for amusement purposes?
Ques. Does Railway provide any concession to students of this college?