Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences is a premier institution of Manipal Academy of Higher Education. The college began by offering D.Pharm in 1963. MCOPS was the first college in Karnataka to offer M.Pharm in 1970. Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences is approved by AICTE and PCI. It is accredited by the NBA. MCOPS admission can be done online on the official website of the college. The college offers B.Pharm, PharmD, D.Pharm and M.Pharm programs. It also offers lateral entry programs in B.Pharm program. It is one of the leading Pharmaceutical institute in Karnataka. Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences aims to upgrade the infrastructure and facilities required for new courses and programs. The institute has nearly 2500+ faculty and almost 10000 other support and service staff, who cater to the various professional institutions in health sciences, engineering, management, communication, and humanities. Various scholarships are provided by Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences. The scholarships include merit-cum-means scholarships and freeships. Students whose mother tongue is Konkani are offered scholarships by the college. Educational loans can be availed through various financial institutions like State Bank of India and Vidya Lakshmi Portal.
MET 2021 Important Dates
|Events||MET 2021 Exam Dates|
|B.Tech, B.Pharm & Pharm D. (Phase 1)||April 16 - April 20, 2021|
|B.Tech, B.Pharm & Pharm D. (Phase 2)||June 9 - June 15, 2021|
|Name of Institute||Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Karnataka|
|Popular Name||MCOPS Manipal|
|Year of Establishment||1963|
|Affiliated with||MU Manipal|
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences has been ranked 7th by NIRF Rankings 2020 in the category of pharmacy. Click here.
- MAHE has been ranked #1 by three prominent ranking agencies, The Week, India Today and Education World.
The following table depicts the courses offered and their details.
|B.Pharm.||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and English/ Mathematics or Computer Science or Biotechnology or Biology as the optional subjects are eligible for B.Pharm.
|B.Pharm. (Lateral)||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: Diploma in Pharmacy is desired.
|M.Pharm.||Duration: 2 years
Specialization: Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Drug Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics, Industrial Pharmacy, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacy Practice, Pharmaceutical Marketing, Pharmaceutical Administration, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
Eligibility Criteria: B.Pharm with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
|Pharm. D||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: A 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry, English, and Mathematics/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science as one of the optional subjects.
|Pharm.D (PB)||Duration: It is offered for the duration of 2 years with an internship of 1 year
Eligibility Criteria: B.Pharm with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
|D.Pharm.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Pass Intermediate qualifying examination in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics
Selection Criteria: Merit in the qualifying examination
|Certificate Course||Subject: Research Orientation
Eligibility Criteria: PG in any discipline/ Research scholars after Ph.D. registration
Check MCOPS Courses & Fees
The Institute provides professional pharmacy education at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Diploma Level. The candidates are selected to the courses offered by Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences admission 2020 based on the past academic records for Lateral and Diploma applicants and the All India Manipal Entrance Test (MET) for Bachelor’s and Master’s programme.
How to Apply?
The application form can be filled online by following the given steps:
- Visit the website of the Institute and click on the “Apply Now” tab.
- Register yourself by providing your Personal details, and Academic information.
- Candidates are required to pay INR 600 as application fee and INR 1400 as entrance fees (for few selected courses) through Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit Card.
- Submit the application form.
Click here for the detailed admission process.
The Institute is famous for its out-of-box placement assistance and global exposure. Every year some of the reputed companies in the field of fashion technology visit the campus to select the students for their company.
|Highest Package||Average Package|
|8 to 12 lakhs||6 to 9 lakhs|
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences has a training and placement assistance centre on the campus. It has associated internationally for the exchange of students for technical experience and projects. Various companies are invited for MCOPS placement activities.
- Some of the top recruiters are Pharmax, Pharmanova, Precision Business Insights, GSK, Hetero, Himalaya, Abbott, Aurobindo Pharma, Eurofins Advinus, Alkem, Biocon, Bioclinica, Cipla, Dolcera.
Read more: MCOPS Placement
- Freeship and Merit-Cum-Means Scholarships Based on MET Ranks [B.Pharm]:
- Scholarships for Academy of General Education Students [SAGES]:
- The college has reserved a few seats for the students who have studied their two years (11th and 12th)/ PUC for undergraduate courses or
- The students who have studied their 3 years of a degree course for postgraduate courses in the any of the Academy of General Education [AGE]/ Dr. TMA Pai Foundation colleges
- Scholarships for Konkani Speaking Students/ Students Studied in AGE Colleges:
Students whose mother tongue is Konkani can avail this scholarship by attaching a certificate of language proof along with the application
- arships Scheme of Interest Subsidy on Education Loan for MCOPS Students:
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences awards interest subsidy on education loan scholarships to the eligible students who joined various courses at MCOPS
- The scholarships is in the form of providing ‘Interest subsidy’ by partial reimbursement of the interest on education loan availed by them from banks
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) Manipal awards scholarship for its Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) students under the following categories:
- Kalam-Pai, Freeship and Scholars Scholarship for MBBS & BDS Programs
- Merit Scholarship for MD and MDS Program
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BTech
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BPharm
- Scholar and Achiever Scholarship for All Other Under Graduate (UG) & Post Graduate (PG) Programs
- Board Toppers Scholarship for All Under Graduate (UG) Programs
- Scholarships for Academy of General Education Students (SAGES)
- Academy of General Education (AGE) Scholarship for AGE Students
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for B.Sc. Nursing students
- Merit Scholarship for BTech (Lateral Entry) students from Manipal Group Polytechnic Institutions
- Merit Scholarships for Foreign / Non Resident Indian (NRI) Category Students
- Merit Scholarship for Konkani speaking students
- Merit Scholarship for Children of Manipal Alumni
- Scholarship scheme of interest subsidy on education loan for MAHE students
- AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver
- Kadambi scholarship
- ITC scholarship
Classrooms: MCOPS has air-conditioned classrooms with excellent audio capabilities to support and enhance learning
Labs: Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences has various labs for UG and PG labs
Central Animal Research Facility: MCOPS has a central animal research facility, which has 2 corridor state of the art animal house, equipped with sophisticated instruments for breeding and maintenance of animals for experiments
- Separate girls and boys hostels are available on the campus of Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Students have access to TV room, aqua guard for hot, cold and normal drinking water and other leisure/ sports activities within the hostel premises
- The college has 24/ 7 wifi, CCTV cameras at entrances of all hostels and foyer inside the campus
- MCOPS provides 24/ 7 electricity and water supply in all the hostels
- It has various cafeterias, which would be open till 1 AM
- The college has installed solar panels in all hostels for hot water
- Caretakers and housekeeping services are provided in all hostels during day and night
- Facilities to play basketball, cricket, hockey, indoor badminton court, swimming pool, table tennis, chess and carom
Libraries: MCOPS has various small department-level libraries. It has the latest and best collection of books, journals, online sources, dissertations to students for course work and research. It consists of more than 63000 books.
Other facilities: -
The institute is blessed with highly experienced and well qualified set of faculty. The professors give their best to provide maximum knowledge to the students and help them with the challenges faced during the course. The institute has nearly 2500+ faculty and almost 10000 other support and service staff, who cater to the various professional institutions in health sciences, engineering, management, communication, and humanities. Many of these knowledgeable professors are highly reputed and well known.
Associate Professors: 28
Assistant Professors: 22
Read more: MCOPS Faculty
Ques. Is Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences approved by AICTE?
Ques. Is Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences a private Institute?
Ques. What is the procedure of application for any course?
- General Category: Application Fee of INR 600/- and Entrance Test fee of INR 1400/-
- Foreign/ NRI Category: Application Fee of INR 2500/-
Ques. What is the eligibility criterion for B.Pharm?
Ques. What courses are offered by the college?