National College of Pharmacy [NCP] is located in Kozhikode, Kerala and has been established in 1996 by Dr.K.Moidu in Calicut city of Kerala. The college is affiliated to Kerala University of Health Science (KUHS) and approved by the Pharmacy Council Of India, AICTE & Govt. of Kerala. It is one of the leading pharmacy colleges in the region. Nurtured and supported by KUHS, the college successfully runs courses from D.Pharm to Pharm.D including various specializations in postgraduate levels.
It offers under graduate, post graduate and diploma courses in the pharmaceutical field. B.Pharm is the course offered at the under graduate level. M.Pharm and Pharm.D are offered at the post graduate level, wherein M.Pharm is offered under 4 specializations. D.Pharm is the Diploma in pharmacy course offered at NCP.
Admission to all the under graduate, post graduate and diploma courses will be done purely on the basis of merit. Merit list will be drawn up based on candidates’ performance in their previous academics provided that the applicants satisfy the eligibility criteria of the respective courses.
National College of Pharmacy Highlights
Some of the major highlights of the National College of Pharmacy are given below:-
|Approved by||Pharmacy Council Of India, AICTE & Govt. Of Kerala|
|Popular courses||B.Pharma& M.Pharma with specializations|
|Admission criteria||Merit based|
|Facilities available||Canteen, Conference hall, College bus, Library, Hostel|
National College of Pharmacy Courses
The course provided at the undergraduate level is B.Pharm a limited seats of 100 students and at postgraduate level 4 courses regarding different specializations in M.Pharma are offered by the college. Also Pharm.D course offer at the doctorate level. At diploma level D.Pharm is the Diploma in pharmacy course offered at NCP. All other details of the courses offered are given underneath:-
|B.Pharma||Duration – 4 Years
Eligibility – Candidates must have passed 10+2 from the science stream, with minimum 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board
|B. Pharma (lateral)||Duration – 3 Years
Eligibility – Holders of a Diploma in Pharmacy are eligible to apply for admission into the second year of B.Pharm through the lateral entry scheme, provided that the Diploma is obtained from an institution approved by PCI (Pharmacy Council of India) and provided that the student has scored minimum 50% marks in the final year examinations
|M.Pharma||Duration – 2 Years
Specializations – Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacy Practice
Eligibility – Candidates must passed the B. Pharm degree examination from Kerala University of Health Sciences or an examination equivalent to of any other universities recognized by KUHS with not less than a total of 50% marks for the B. Pharm degree examination shall be eligible for admission to M. Pharm degree course. The candidate should have undergone BPharm degree course in an institution approved by AICTE and PCI.
|Pharma .D||Duration – 6 Years
Eligibility – 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Mathematics or Biology with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate for optional subjects. A pass in D.Pharm course with a minimum of 50% marks from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act
|D. Pharma||Duration – 2 Years
Eligibility – Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and Mathematics or Biology as optional subject and to have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board
National College of Pharmacy Admission
Application forms can be obtained at the college website and should be filled out and submitted at thereof. Last date for submission of application forms will be announced by the college before the commencement of the application process.
- Candidates seeking admission in B.Pharma and D.Pharm require to have atleast 50% in 10+2 done in science stream from a recognized board.
- Holders of Diploma are also eligible to seek admission in the directly in the second year of B.Pharma provided they have secured at least 50% marks in the final examination from an institution recognized by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
- Direct admission of Diploma in Pharmacy holders to the second year B. Pharm course is subjected to the ceiling of an approved strength of the first year course by the Pharmacy Council of India and All India Council for Technical Education. For those admitted directly to the second year, the course of study for B. Pharm course shall be for a minimum period of three academic years.
- Candidates who have passed B.Pharma course with a minimum of 50% marks from an institute recognized by Kerala University of Healthy Sciences, AICTE and PCI are eligible to apply for the M.Pharma course at NCP.The selection of students for the M. Pharm course is strictly on merit basis as decided by the competent authority approved by the Government of Kerala/KUHS and as per guidelines of the PCI.
- Candidates who have passed the D.Pharm course with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible to apply in the Pharm.D course.
- Based on merit of the qualifying examination, (Reservation as per Government norms) 50% of the total merit seats should be filled in by the Government/University* from the merit list of the qualifying examination, in keeping with all the reservation rules and the fee structure laid down by the Government of Kerala from time to time. The remaining 50% of the seats can be filled in the respective Management, as per the norms specified by the State Government from time to time. 20% of the seats to be reserved for 3 D. Pharm candidates in both merit Quota and Management Quota. In case a sufficient number of eligible D. Pharm. Candidates are not available, other candidates as per the qualifications specified by the Pharmacy Council of India may be given admission.
- All the admissions in every course are done purely on the basis of merit and previous academic performances.
Admissions at the National college of Pharmacy, Kozhikode, Kerala are based on merit. Candidates for courses like B.Pharma, D.Pharma and Doctorate are admitted on the basis of their marks in 10+2 examinations whereas to seek admission in post graduation level courses candidates are selected on the basis of their marks in graduation.
How to apply?
- Application forms are expected through online mode. Application forms can be obtained from the official website of college. The application form is common for all the courses.
- Candidates are required to register themselves on the official website of the college.
- Candidates need to fill all relevant information regarding their education details, personal details, qualification details, etc., in a legit manner.
- No fee is applicable for submitting the application.
- List of documents required to be submitted for verification will be intimated to the students before the commencement of the application process.
- Correspondence address of the college – National College of Pharmacy, Manassery – P.O., Mukkam, Kozhikode – 673602
Documents Required At The Time of Admission:
- High School Marksheet /Certificate
- Higher Secondary Marksheet/Certificate.
- By making a formal application in the prescribed format
- Original degree certificate and mark lists of a qualifying examination
- Original council registration certificate
- Allotment letter from the competent authority
- Equivalency and migration certificate wherever needed
- Original SSLC/equivalent certificate. g. The fees prescribed for the course.
Read more: National College of Pharmacy Admission
National College of Pharmacy Placements
The placements in this institute are quite good. The institute has a hardworking placement cell which provides placement opportunities to students and make the prepare regarding interviews, group discussions and mock tests which the recruiting companies often make candidates go through. The following are the placement details:
- Almost 75% of the students are placed in well known hospitals and pharmaceutical companies.
- The major recruiters are National hospital Kozhikode, KMCT Medical college, Care and Cure, ShihabThangal Hospital, Baby memorial hospital, Apollo hospital enterprises limited, etc.
Click here National College of Pharmacy Placement
National College of Pharmacy Facilities
The college provides almost every basic facility to the students as well as to the faculty of teachers to enhance their experience and knowledge.Following are the facilities provided by the college to the students and faculty members :
Canteen : The canteen serves hygienic and nutritive food. All foods are prepared with proper hygiene and other safety precautions.
Conference Hall : The college has a conference hall equipped with modern technological tools like LCD projector, slide projector and overhead projector for conducting training programs and seminars.
Library : The college has a library spread over an area of 8500 sq.ft. with more than 10000 books to be offered to the students.
College Bus : The college bus provides transportation facilities to the students and faculty members.
Hostel : The college has provided the students with the facility of separate boys and girls hostel. The hostels are well managed and provide clean living environment and hygienic food.
National College of Pharmacy Faculty
The faculty of the college is very well qualified and experienced. The faculty member specialize in their teaching subjects and help the students in dealing with their problems and queries regarding their subjects. The faculty members hold degrees in pharmacy fields regarding their teaching subjects.
Chairman: Dr. K. Moidu
CEO & Executive Trustee: Dr. Navas K. M.
Principal & HOD: Dr. M K Unnikrishnan
Read more: National College of Pharmacy Faculty
National College of Pharmacy, Kerala FAQs
Ques. Which courses does the university offer in specializations under M.Pharma?
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of application filling for admission?
Ques. Which are the other colleges in Kerala which stand in comparison with National college of pharmacy, Kozhikode, Kerala?
- Niramala college of pharmacy
- Al shifa school of pharmacy
- Amrita school of pharmacy
- Jamia School of Pharmacy
Ques. What is the fee structure for B.Pharma course?
Ques. How is the campus environment of the college?