Updated On - July 17th 2019
Daulat Ram College is a premier educational organization for women in Delhi, India, initiated by an educationist, late Shri Daulat Ram Gupta in 1960. It is an admired women’s college engaged in divulging profuse education to women. The college is a large constituent college of the University of Delhi, formerly started as Pramila College. The college shifted to its present premises in North Campus, the University of Delhi in 1964 and was re-named as Daulat Ram College. The college has acquired The Star College position from the Government of India and has developed equipment and endured training in curriculum updates.
It imparts education towards degrees at the Bachelors level in Arts, Science, and Commerce. It also enrolls students at the Masters level and holds M.A. tutorials. It intakes 1, 031 students for various undergraduate courses and 120 students for various postgraduate courses. The College has excellent hostel facilities including fully AC rooms, with an intake capacity of 200 students.
Daulat Ram College Highlights
UGC, NAAC with A grade
DU (Delhi University)
4, Patel Marg, Maurice Nagar New Delhi, India
Daulat Ram College Courses Offered
Daulat Ram College provides a study in various undergraduate courses and MA program in 7 different disciplines at postgraduate level. The list of undergraduate courses consists of BA, BA (Hons) B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons), B.Com, and B.Com (Hons) in different specializations. The duration of every program is different.
Click here Daulat Ram College Fee Structure.
There are 17 departments of this college, which provide quality education to the students. Some of the noted among them are of:
- Department of Botany
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Commerce
- Department of History
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Music
- Department of Nutrition & Health Education
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Physics
Daulat Ram College Admission
Daulat Ram College Admission is done through online mode. Students wishing to apply are required to submit the application form on the official website of the college. The basic criterion to take admission in any of the UG programs is 10+2 in relevant subjects with minimum 50% marks. Candidates are selected on the basis of their merit in the qualifying examination and availability of seats. Cut off list is prepared on the basis of the merit to select eligible candidates.
Daulat Ram College offers MA in 7 different specializations. Candidates seeking admission in this course must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any stream with minimum 50% marks from any recognized university. Selection is done on the basis of merit. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks are considered for admission. For detailed information click here DRC Admission Procedure.
Daulat Ram College Placement
The Placement cell of Daulat Ram College aims at creating awareness of career opportunities available for the final year students of the college. It arranges placement seminars, interactive recruitment sessions and workshops conducted by various national and international companies and Organizations. The college placement cell also explores and provides internships/job opportunities for 2nd-year student and enhances leadership abilities.
Many of its students were recruited on campus by Smart cube, Capital IQ, Ernest & Young, KPMG, Wipro, Genpact, ICIC Prudential, HDFC Life, among the other organizations. Selected students were awarded the Gandhi Fellowship for two years. The college placement cell is growing with each passing day with an increasing involvement of students.
Also, Check Daulat Ram College Placement
Daulat Ram College Scholarships
Meritorious and outstanding students of Daulat Ram College are duly recognized in the college with various kinds of scholarships. Some of them are:
- Merit Scholarship: Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship awarded for to the students of II year & III years for securing one of the first three positions in the University examination of the previous year.
- Dr. Balmukund Tandon Memorial Scholarship awarded to a student of the 2nd year of English Honors for securing highest grades.
- Smt. Vidyawati Kapur Scholarship awarded to the best blind student of the year.
- Smt. Ganga Laxmi Dutt Joshi Memorial Scholarship awarded to a student of 3rd year English Honors for securing highest marks in II year.
- Kum. Kanta Sharma Memorial Scholarship awarded to a student currently in M. A. Hindi on the basis of her performance in the three years of B.A. (Honors) Hindi in the college.
- Shri Sultan Chand Memorial Scholarship awarded to a student of B.Com. (Honors) II year who secures the highest percentage of marks in the college in B. Com. (Honors) I year University examination.
- Shri Sultan Chand Memorial Scholarship awarded to a student of B.Com (Honors) III year who secures the highest percentage of marks in the college in B.Com (Honors) II year University examination.
Daulat Ram College Facilities
- It contains more than 80,000 titles
- It has a subscription to many journals
- It provides computerized database and access
- It has a book bank facility
- The labs have connectivity with access to the internet
- The main computer lab has 38 computers and an extra computer lab for commerce students taking 25 computers with internet capacity.
- The College has an auditorium, named Sadhbhavana Bhawan
- It has a 1 of the largest stages in Delhi
- It has a seating size of about 1300
- The college was selected as a training venue for Rugby for the Commonwealth Games, 2010
- Gymnasium with modern facilities
- Indoor games facilities like table tennis and chess
- Outdoor game facilities are also available for Baseball, Cricket, Football, Kabaddi, Volleyball, Badminton, Swimming, Kho-kho, etc.