Adarsh Mahavidyalaya,Omerga Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Adarsh Mahavidyalaya, Omerga was established in 1990 by Shramjivi Shikshan Prasarak Mandal. Shramjivi Shikshan Prasarak Mandal was founded by great youth works, Hon. Shri. Vinayakrao Patil, Hon. Shri. Basavraj Patil (Ex-State Minister for Rural Development, Maharshtra State), Shri. Ramkrishnapant Kharosekar, Shri. Marutirao Suryawanshi, Shri. Wamanrao Suryawanshi and other members of management council in 1984 with the aim of making the bright future of students in a proper way by imparting education and ethical values, values of life, social awareness for arising the feeling of national integration as well
- The college is affiliated to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad with Grant-in-Aid since 1997
- The college is recognized by UGC under 2f and 12B in the year 2003
- It is approved by NAAC with B grade in 2004
- The college has been certified by ISO 9001: 2008
- The college offers Bachelor Degree Programmes in the field of Arts , Science & Commerce and Masters in Arts & Science
- The college also provides additional skill oriented programmes
- The campus of college is 4.5 acres in which main building, girls hostel, library building, play ground, toilets for girls, boys and staff, botanical garden, canteen, cycle stand etc are available
- The College has received grants from UGC for infrastructure development, remedial classes for SC/ST etc.
- The Institute has Internal Quality Assurance Cell formed in the academic year 2004-05 for the development and application of quality parameters in various activities in the college
Besides high quality education, the college focuses on extracurricular activities. The college encourages its students to participate in other activities that are organized from time to time. There are various activities throughout the year in which students participate
- The College arranges various competitions and provides the trophies and prizes to the meritorious students. Apart from it, college has “Shramjivi Shri” and “Matoshri Saraswati Dadarao Karad” trophy, sponsored by Shri. V. D. Karad in the memory of his mother, for the best student of the college
- The college organize various cultural activities at State level and Intercollegiate like Debate, Poster Competition
- Swimming Pool is also available in the campus
- The college publish the annual magazine “Shramsaphalya” for students to express their ideas, thoughts and feelings. It is edited in three languages. Shramsaphalya is the best platform to encourage the students to indulge in literacy and creative expressions of their imaginations and thoughts
- NSS- The college has 2 wings of NSS. NSS organize various programmes like National integration Water literacy, AIDS awareness, Superstition eradication, Leadership development etc. College Blood Donation Camp every year on 9th Aug (Kranti Din) and blood is donated to Shrikrishna Blood Bank, Omerga, Bhalchndra Blood Bank, Latur, Government Hospital, Omerga, etc.
Library of college is well equipped with:
- 20,000 Books
- INFLIBNET facility by which students can access 2100 E – Journals and 55000 E-books
- Total seating capacity of 60 students
Computer Center has 64 computers, 2 LCD Projector, 11 Printer, Lap Tops, 1 OHP and Broad band internet facility.
The college facilitate 1 auditorium hall of 500 capacities.
The institution has its hostel for girl students, with a capacity of 100 girls‘ students with spacious, ventilated rooms and canteen.
- Government of India (GOI) Scholarship for - SC, ST, OBC, NT, VJNT and Minority Students.
- EBC. (Economically Backward Class)
- Primary teacher‘s ward free ship.
- Freedom fighter‘s ward.
- Ex-soldier‘s ward.
- Physically disabled students.
- Free ship for backward class students
- Stipend is given from Relatively Higher Proportion for SC, ST, OBC and Minorities Student
- The college has received the Adarsh Pariksha Kendra (Ideal Exam Center) award and Prize of Rs.10,000/- by the University
- The college has received the Second Prize of Rs.50,000/- for the successful work under the programme of Stri-Purush Samanta: Jagar Janiwancha 2013 (Gender Equity Awareness Programme) by Maharashtra Government
- Best Branch of Marathi Vidnyan Parishad, in Maharashtra Rural area