Artificial Intelligence is a branch of Computer Science that is related to building smart machines capable of performing tasks. Artificial intelligence is usually a simulation of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think and mimic like humans. Artificial Intelligence has the potential to add USD 957 Billion or 15% of India’s current gross value by the year 2035. Artificial Intelligence has a bright and promising future in India.
Artificial Intelligence courses in India are available as short-term Artificial Intelligence Courses Online on Coursera, Udemy, edX, etc, or as certificate in artificial intelligence courses in some colleges. Amongst these, Coursera AI Course and Google AI Course are commonly opted by students and professionals for it’s limited time span and also because of it’s cost effectiveness.
Artificial Intelligence Courses After 12th are mainly available along with Computer science. BTech in Artificial Intelligence and MTech in Artificial Intelligence mainly provides education related to AI in India.
Candidates can secure admissions to certificate and diploma Artificial Intelligence courses usually on a first come first serve basis or merit of the previous examination, however admissions to UG and PG artificial intelligence courses require valid JEE Main or GATE scores. Admission to Artificial Intelligence courses in LPU takes place via LPUNEST.
The average salary received post the completion of Artificial Intelligence courses ranges from INR 4 – 12 LPA, depending on the level of degree one has acquired.
Introduction Artificial Intelligence
AI or Artificial Intelligence is most used by technologies these days. Everyone who is tech-savvy knows about it and especially the young and the mid-age people are more excited about this technology. Artificial Intelligence course is done by students who are k
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence is a part of computer science that deals with the human-like intelligence that can be exhibited from machines. It refers to the mimicking ability of machines as they learn from experience like recognizing objects, understanding and responding to language, making decisions and solving problems.
It all started in 1950 when Alan Turing asked a very simple but pathbreaking question: “Can Machines Think?’’. Turing's paper "Computing Machinery and Intelligence" (1950), and it's subsequent Turing Test, established the fundamental goal and vision of artificial intelligence.
Who Can Pursue Artificial Intelligence?
- Artificial Intelligence requires good grasp on coding languages such as python, Machine learning algorithms, Natural language processing, etc
- There are various courses related to artificial intelligence such as BTech Artificial Intelligence, BTech in Computer Science- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, MTech (Artificial Intelligence) etc. Students studying these courses can definitely pursue Artificial Intelligence.
- Students who are patient and love solving problems must study Artificial Intelligence Course. Students need to be patient since this is an evolving field and breakthrough can be hard to come by.
- This course requires students to know math pretty well. Students who are good with mathematics must definitely do Artificial Intelligence.
Why Artificial Intelligence Course?
- Artificial Intelligence has a huge potential in the future. AI is the future and as we move forward AI will only increase in our lives from SmartPhones to Smart TV, all electronics are going to have Artificial Intelligence installed in them.
- The starting salary after completing Artificial Intelligence in India is around INR 13,00,000 per year which increases to INR 30,00,000-40,00,000 with experience.
- According to Hindustan Times, Artificial Intelligence has the scope of adding USD 900 Billion to India’s GDP by 2035.
- NITI AYOG has put focus on AI for All which will help to integrate Artificial Intelligence in all spheres of working ranging from Agriculture, education, Corporate etc.
Related Fields in Artificial Intelligence
Machine Learning: Machine learning is a subfield of AI, which is itself a subfield of computer science (such categories are often somewhat imprecise and some parts of machine learning could be equally well or better belong to statistics). Machine learning enables adaptive AI solutions.
Deep Learning: Deep learning is a subfield of machine learning, which is a subfield of artificial intelligence, which is a subfield of computer science. The “depth” of deep learning refers to the complexity of a mathematical model, and researchers have been able to increase this complexity to levels that appear not only quantitatively but also qualitatively different from before thanks to the increased computing power of modern computers. Science, as you may have noticed, frequently involves a number of progressively more specialized subfields, subfields of subfields, and so on. This allows researchers to zoom in on a specific topic, allowing them to catch up with the ever-increasing amount of knowledge accumulated over time, and produce new knowledge on the topic — or, in some cases, correct earlier knowledge to be more accurate.
Data Science: Data science is a relatively new umbrella term (a term that encompasses several subdisciplines) that includes machine learning and statistics, as well as certain aspects of computer science such as algorithms, data storage, and web application development. Data science is also a practical discipline that necessitates an understanding of the domain in which it is used, such as business or science: its purpose (what "added value" entails), basic assumptions, and constraints. Data science solutions frequently include at least a dash of AI (but usually not as much as one would expect from the headlines).
Robotics: Robotics is the science of designing and programming robots to operate in complex, real-world scenarios. In some ways, robotics is the ultimate AI challenge because it necessitates the integration of nearly all areas of AI.
- Sensing the environment using computer vision and speech recognition
- For processing instructions and predicting the consequences of potential actions, natural language processing, information retrieval, and reasoning under uncertainty are used.
- Cognitive modeling and affective computing (systems that respond to human emotional expressions or mimic feelings) for interacting and collaborating with humans
Top Sectors Using Artificial Intelligence
AI is used in almost all sectors be it private or government, but specifically in some of the jobs AI is essentially an integral part of the sector. Here are the sectors that majorly uses AI techniques.
The IT sector in India has the highest share of the AI market in India that accounts for 41% of the AI Market in India. The market value is around USD 2625 million. Firms such as Wipro, TCS, Tech Mahindra, and MNC such as Accenture, Capgemini are the biggest users of Artificial Intelligence in India.
Software and Hardware are the things that constitute the technology sector. The contribution of the Technology sector covers a 23.3% market share and USD 1,488 Mn market value. This sector covers Software, Cloud Computing, Semiconductor, Database technologies, Server platforms, and Networking solutions, to name a few, technology segments.
The contribution in Artificial Intelligence from the BFSI sector is USD 615.3 Mn in market value and 9.6% in market share. The firms in the BFSI sector were one of the first to utilize Data Science services to derive insights on consumers. Artificial Intelligence is used by BFSI firms to gain a competitive advantage, drive efficiencies, and improve customer experience. Robotics and Natural Language Processing (NLP) are used for enhancing on-demand customer experience and satisfaction.
The Engineering and Industrial sector contribute around USD 382.9 Mn in market value and 6% in market share. The Engineering and Industrial sector covers International and Domestic firms that integrate AI and Deep Science models in their Engineering, Manufacturing, and Automation services. AI is utilized in design, simulation, quality analysis, and maintenance. AI in Infrastructure along with IoT and 5G connectivity facilitates the development of solutions for smart cities and smart utilities.
The broad eCommerce and Retail sector contribute USD 317.8 Mn in market value and 5.0% in market share. The contribution of AI across this broad sector is significant and will continue to increase over the next decade. AI is being useful across the entire supply chain for the eCommerce and Retail sector. All sectors starting with procurement, classification, quality maintenance, billing and payments, logistics tracking, delivery, and even managing and tracking customer feedback and complaints are all done with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
Types of Artificial Intelligence Courses
There are various types of AI courses, here we have gathered the most popular ones. There are several online and offline AI courses, Diploma courses, and degree courses. Here we have presented all of them in detail.
Online Artificial Intelligence Course
Artificial intelligence certification is basically short-term artificial intelligence courses that provide the foundation and advanced level skills in technologies used in artificial intelligence.
- Artificial intelligence certification can be done online. IBM in collaboration with Coursera, edX provides most of the artificial intelligence certification courses, while Google provides an Applied AI course.
- BITS Pilani and Great Lakes are the only colleges that offer an artificial intelligence certification course. BITS Pilani offers PG Certification in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in offline mode at a fee of INR 2,45,000.
- Students who do not have much specific knowledge in the field of artificial intelligence, but are interested to learn it, should opt for an artificial intelligence certification.
A certified Artificial intelligence professional earns INR 2-4 lakh in the beginning. He can pursue a diploma in artificial intelligence or pursue BTech with artificial intelligence courses as one of the specializations to have career growth and a lucrative salary ahead.
Online Free Artificial intelligence Course with Certificate
|Course Name||Provider||Course Fee|
|Introduction to Artificial Intelligence||IBM Udacity||Free|
|AI Engineering Professional Certificate||IBM (Available in Coursera)||Free|
|Google Applied AI Course||Free|
Best Online AI Courses
Artificial Intelligence Certification available online are mentioned in the table below, along with the duration of the course and the average artificial intelligence course fee charged:
Coursera Artificial Intelligence
|Course Name||Provider||User Ratings|
|Advanced Machine Learning||HSE University||4.4|
|Big Data Applications: Machine Learning at Scale||Yandex||3.8|
|IBM AI Enterprise Workflow||IBM||4.3|
|Advanced Machine Learning on Google Cloud||Google Cloud||4.5|
|Applied AI with Deep Learning||IBM||4.4|
|Casual Interference||Columbia University||3.3|
|Advanced Machine Learning and Signal Processing||IBM||4.5|
|Developing AI Applications on Azure||LearnQuest||4.4|
|Bayesian Methods for Machine Learning||HSE University||4.5|
Udemy Artificial Intelligence
|Course Name||Price (INR)|
|Artificial Intelligence A-Z||490|
|Deep Learning and Computer Vision A-Z||490|
|Artificial Intelligence: Reinforcement Learning in Python||3200|
|Beginner's Guide to Artificial Intelligence in Unity||490|
|Artificial Intelligence for Business||490|
|Artificial Intelligence Masterclass||490|
|Machine Learning Practical Workouts||490|
|Deep Reinforcement Learning||490|
EDX Artificial Intelligence
|Course Name||Provider||Course Fee|
|Professional Certificate in Applied AI||IBM (Available in edX)||INR 28,994|
|Introduction to Watson AI||IBM (Available in edX)||Free (INR 3,637 for certificate)|
|Artificial Intelligence Course||edX||Free (INR 18,482 for certificate)|
|Professional Certificate in Computer Science for Artificial Intelligence||edX||INR 19,307|
|Introduction to Artificial Intelligence with Python||edX||Free (INR 14,772 for certificate)|
|Bias and Discrimination in AI||edX||Free (INR 11,060 for certificate)|
Artificial Intelligence Certification Course Admission
Admission to artificial intelligence certification is not based on merit or any entrance exam. It is often said to be pretty direct, based on a first come first serve basis.
- The candidates will have to fill the form for enrollment and pay the application fees. Once they have paid for it, they can start with the course.
- For artificial intelligence online courses, the candidates have to only log in with their Gmail or Google account and then they can start with the course.
- In online course websites like edX and Coursera, the candidates have to create an account and can enroll by buying the course.
In the case of an offline artificial intelligence certification course, they must have completed class 12 to fulfill the basic eligibility criteria.
Diploma in Artificial Intelligence Courses
- Diploma in artificial intelligence is the most popular course when it comes to choosing any artificial intelligence courses after 12th. A diploma in artificial intelligence is specifically meant to train individuals in skills and technologies used in Artificial intelligence in a relatively shorter duration than any degree courses in artificial intelligence.
- Diploma in artificial intelligence can be pursued after class 10th. There are also PG Diploma in artificial intelligence courses that can be pursued after graduation from any stream, if a candidate wants to make a career in artificial intelligence.
- The duration of diploma in artificial intelligence courses varies from a period of 1 to 2 years.
- Candidates who do not have an AI or a computer science background can take up diploma courses to start a career in AI. The candidates who want to specialize in AI usually go for a PG Diploma in artificial intelligence.
- The average salary after a diploma in artificial intelligence ranges from INR 2.5-8 lakh per annum.
Top Diploma in Artificial Intelligence Courses
The popular diploma in artificial intelligence courses are mentioned below.
|Course Name||Colleges Offering||Course Fees|
|Diploma in Artificial Intelligence||NIRA Noida||INR 40,000-70,000|
|Advanced Diploma in Artificial Intelligence||NIELIT Calicut||INR 35,000|
|PG Diploma in Artificial Intelligence||Center for Development of Advanced Computing||INR 1,35,000|
|PG Diploma in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||DIT University, Dehradun||INR 1,10,000|
|MIT World Peace University Pune||INR 1,25,000|
|IIIT Lucknow (Last Date to Apply April 30, 2021)||INR 75,000|
Diploma in Artificial Intelligence Courses Admission
Admission into diploma and PG diploma in Artificial intelligence courses are based on the merit of the previous examination.
- The candidates can apply to the institute through their official website and submit their merit scores.
- The institute will evaluate the candidate’s score and the shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- Diploma courses require a candidate to pass class 10, however colleges offering PG diploma in artificial intelligence courses ask candidate to hold a degree in BTech, BCA or any other related fields with knowledge of computer programming.
Bachelor’s in Artificial Intelligence Courses
Undergraduate artificial intelligence courses are offered as a specialization in BTech and BE courses in most Indian colleges.
- The course duration for all of the UG artificial intelligence courses is usually 4 years.
- Candidates who have completed 10+2 or a Diploma in Engineering are eligible to apply for UG artificial intelligence courses. They should have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate in 10+2
- SRM, VIT, UPES, Jain University are some of the premier colleges that offer UG Artificial intelligence courses at a fee of INR 1-5 lakh per annum.
The average salary after UG artificial intelligence courses is expected to be around INR 6-9 lakh per annum. For a better salary and career growth, students can go for PG artificial courses, such as MTech.
Top Bachelor’s in Artificial Intelligence Courses
The top UG artificial intelligence courses are mentioned in the table below.
|Course Name||Colleges Offering||Course Fee|
|BTech (Hons) CSE- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning||UPES Dehradun||INR 1,93,500 per semester|
|VIT Vellore||INR 1,98,000 per year|
|Reva University, Bangalore||INR 2,25,000 per year|
|Manav Rachna University, Faridabad||INR 2,44,000 per year|
|GLA University Mathura||INR 1,96,000 per year|
|NCU Gurgaon||INR 2,60,000 per year|
|RIMT University, Punjab||INR 78,500 per semester|
|BTech CSE (Artificial Intelligence)||Karunya Institute of Technology & Sciences, Coimbatore||INR 2,14,000 per year|
|VIT-AP University, Guntur||INR 1,98,000 per year|
|NIET Greater Noida||INR 1,44,000 per year|
|BTech in Computer Science- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning||Sharda University, Greater Noida||INR 1,84,370 per year|
|BTech in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (CSAI)||IIITD Delhi||INR 3,60,000 per year|
Bachelor’s in Artificial Intelligence Courses Admission
The admission into the UG artificial intelligence courses is based on the entrance exam. The candidates who have completed 10+2 from the science stream with Maths and Physics as compulsory subjects are eligible to apply.
- The candidates will have to take up JEE Main or any other entrance exam. JEE Main is accepted by most of the institutes in India for engineering admissions.
- Once the results of JEE Main are out, the candidates can apply to various institutes, depending upon their cutoffs.
- Candidates can apply directly from the official website of the institute. The shortlisted candidates will be called further for counseling.
Bachelor Artificial Intelligence Courses Entrance Exams
|Entrance Exam||Application Period||Exam Date|
|JEE Main||December- January 23, 2021||February 23, 2021, onwards (in sessions)|
|VITEEE||January – March 30, 2021||April 2021|
|UPESEAT||January 2021||To be announced|
Master’s in Artificial Intelligence
Postgraduate Artificial Intelligence courses are usually 2-year courses. The popular courses available are MTech, ME, and MS/MSc in Artificial Intelligence.
- The candidates who hold a bachelor's degree in engineering are eligible to do a master's degree in Artificial Intelligence courses.
- The candidates who are not from engineering backgrounds should either hold an MSc or MCA degree.
- The course fees for PG artificial intelligence courses ranges from INR 1-3 lakh per annum.
Note: AI is not just related to programming software, rather it includes teaching the machine every aspect of human behavior. So the candidates with a biology background can also take up courses in AI. They will have to study psychology and the physiology of the nervous system.
Candidates who have an interest in Mathematics, Physics, and Biology are best suited for this course. Engineers with a computer science background usually choose to pursue master courses in AI to gain deep knowledge in their field of study and to get a salary hike.
The starting salary after the PG course in AI is expected to be INR 4-10 lakh per annum.
Master’s in Artificial Intelligence: Top Courses
The popular PG artificial intelligence courses are mentioned below.
|Course Name||Colleges Offering||Course Fees|
|MTech (Artificial Intelligence)||IISC Bangalore||INR 29,200 per year|
|IIT Jodhpur||INR 13,000 per semester|
|Reva University, Bangalore||NA|
|MTech RA Program||IIT Hyderabad||INR 2,40,000|
|MTech in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore||INR 1,83,000 per year|
|MTech in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence||LPU Jalandhar||INR 1,20,000 per semester|
|MTech (CSE) with specialization in Artificial Intelligence||IIITD Delhi||INR 4,75,000|
|Integrated MTech Artificial Intelligence||VIT Bhopal||INR 98,000 per year|
Master’s in Artificial Intelligence: Admission Process
Admissions to the PG artificial intelligence courses are conducted through 2 modes, either through common entrance exams like GATE or based on the previous academic records.
- The candidates should hold a B.Tech/BE/MSc/MCA degree to apply for this course. They can apply directly on the official website of the institute.
- Those taking admission with the GATE score should have opted for Computer Science, ECE, Electrical, Mathematics, or Statistics discipline.
- Those who are taking admission through their academic records should have a CGPA above 8.
The shortlisted candidates will have to go through a written exam or a personal interview before finally getting selected.
Master’s in Artificial Intelligence: Entrance Exams
|Exam Name||Application Period||Date of Examination|
|GATE||Closed||February 6,7,13 and 14, 2021|
|LPUNEST||Up to February 26, 2021||February 27 to March 6, 2021|
PhD in Artificial Intelligence Courses
- The candidates who want to do research in Artificial intelligence can join the colleges offering a PhD with artificial intelligence as one of the major areas of research.
- Currently in India, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Delhi and BITS Pilani offer PhD courses with artificial intelligence as one of the areas of research.
- The candidates who have a knack to conduct research and publish research papers should take up doctoral courses.
- Candidates with a Ph.D. are highly in demand in various domains. The salary is usually expected to be around INR 9-15 lakh per annum.
Top PhD in Artificial Intelligence Courses
Mentioned below are details of PhD in artificial intelligence courses in India.
|Course Name||Colleges Offering||Course Fees|
|PhD Program (Artificial Intelligence)||IIT Delhi||INR 31,950|
|IIT Hyderabad||INR 25,095 per year|
PhD in Artificial Intelligence Courses Admission
Some of the institutes may consider GATE scores for admission into the Ph.D. program, but most of the institutes test the students based on their own university-level entrance exam.
- The candidates can apply to the institute according to the notifications released. The admissions for Ph.D. are open once or twice a year.
- Top institutes like IIT do not advertise in the newspapers, so the candidates should keep checking the notifications released.
- The candidates will be first evaluated based on their academic scores and they will be called for a departmental exam and a personal interview.
- The admission will totally depend on the marks scored in masters, written tests, research output, and performance in the interview.
- Exceptionally good students also get financial assistance.
How to start a career in Artificial Intelligence?
There are several steps and methods to become a trained and experienced Artificial Intelligencer engineer, however not all methods are tried and tested in gauranting a rock solid foundation to an Artificial Intelligence career. In order to become a successful AI engineer one should follow the below mentioned steps for a hasslefree journey,
- Gain Necessary Education: The first common step in launching a successful career in Artificial Intelligence is to obtain a relevant academic credential. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics etc are required. In certain cases a Masters degree may be a prerequisite.
- Develop Technical Skills: Another vital step on AI career progression is the strengthening of your software development and programming skills. This includes a solid grasp of programming languages such as Python, R, Java, C++ etc.
- Choose a Specialization and Earn a Certification: Over the course of your preparatory journey to become an AI Engineer, hone in one or two areas of specialization. One of the exciting aspects of AI is the broad spectrum of subfields to consider such as data science, robotics, machine learning and biomedical research. As you develop your speciality consider earning certifications to boost your career marketability.
Skills Required for Artificial Intelligence Courses
Artificial Intelligence is not something that everyone can do. Students who are willing to do this course must have interest and the skills required to pursue Artificial Intelligence courses.
The first skill required to become an AI engineer is programming. To become well-versed in AI, it’s crucial to learn programming languages, such as Python, R, Java, and C++ to build and implement models.
Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics
Hidden Markov models, Naive Bayes, Gaussian mixture models, and linear discriminant analysis requires a student to be well versed in linear algebra, probability and statistics.
Spark and Big Data Technologies
AI Engineers will need to work with big data. Such big data could be streaming or real-time production-level data in terabytes or petabytes which will require Spark or big data technologies. Along with Apache Spark, one can also use other big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Cassandra, and MongoDB.
Algorithms and Frameworks
In order to implement machine learning models with ease students must know linear regression, KNN, Naive Bayes, Support Vector Machine etc. In order to build AI models with unstructured data students must learn deep learning algorithms like a convolutional neural network, recurrent neural network, and generative adversarial network and implement them using a framework. PyTorch, Theano, TensorFlow, and Caffe are some of the frameworks used in Artificial Intelligence.
Communication and Problem Solving Skills
AI engineers need to communicate correctly to pitch their products and ideas to stakeholders. They should also have excellent problem-solving skills to resolve obstacles for decision making and drawing helpful business insights.
Top Colleges for Artificial Intelligence in India
There are many top colleges in India that offer artificial intelligence courses, here are the list of the best colleges for AI courses.
Artificial Intelligence IIT
|Course Name||College Name||Fees (INR)|
|Constraint Satisfaction and Artificial Intelligence||IIT Madras||1000|
|Knowledge Representation and Reasoning|
|Professional Program in Artificial Intelligence and Emerging Technologies||IIT Hyderabad||2,00,000|
|MTech Computer Science||500895|
|Centre for excellence in AI||IIT Kharagpur||4,00,000|
|MTech Computer Science||IIT Ropar||39,970|
|College Name||Fees (INR)|
|Jain University Bangalore||197500|
|Christ University Bangalore||170000|
|Presidency University Bangalore||210000|
|MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences||338225|
|GITAM School of Technology||205000|
|College Name||Fees (INR)|
|Institute of Aeronautical Engineering||67000|
|University of Hyderabad||45870|
|MALLA Reddy Engineering college||103000|
|MLR Institute of Technology||96000|
Other Colleges Providing AI in India
|College Name||Location||Fees (INR)|
|SRM Engineering College||Kanchipuram||260000|
|Indraprastha Institute of information Technology||New Delhi||475000|
|Defence Institute of Advanced Technology||Pune||145000|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science||Chennai||125500|
|Mukhesh Patel school of Technology Management and engineering||Mumbai||501500|
|CVR College of Engineering||Rangareddy||72500|
|JNTUA College of Engineering||Anantapur||58750|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University||Anantapur||100000|
Artificial Intelligence Courses Syllabus
Here is the detailed syllabus for AI courses in the colleges in India.
BTech Artificial Intelligence
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
Programing in C Language
Programing in C Language Lab
Playing with Big Data
Open Source and Open Standards
Communication WKSP 1.1
Communication WKSP 1.1 Lab
Seminal Events in Global History
Basic Electronics Engineering
Basic Electronics Engineering Lab
Data Structures with C
Discrete Mathematical Structures
Introduction to IT and Cloud Infrastructure Landscape
Communication WKSP 1.2
Communication WKSP 1.2 Lab
Appreciating Art Fundamentals
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
Computer System Architecture
Design and Analysis of Algorithms
Design and Analysis of Algorithms Lab
Web Technologies Lab
Functional Programming in Python
Introduction to Internet of Things
Communication WKSP 2.0
Communication WKSP 2.0 Lab
Securing Digital Assets
Introduction to Applied Psychology
Data Communication and Computer Networks
Data Communication and Computer Networks Lab
Introduction to Java and OOPS
Introduction to Java and OOPS Labs
Applied Statistical Analysis (for AI and ML)
Current Topics in AI and ML
Database Management Systems & Data Modelling
Database Management Systems & Data Modelling Lab
Impact of Media on Society
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
Formal Languages & Automata Theory
Mobile Application Development
Mobile Application Development Lab
Algorithms for Intelligent Systems
Current Topics in AI and ML
Software Engineering & Product Management
Minor Subject: - 1. Aspects of Modern English Literature or Introduction to Linguistics
Minor Project I
Reasoning, Problem Solving and Robotics
Introduction to Machine Learning
Introduction to Machine Learning
Natural Language Processing
Minor Subject 2 – General Management
Minor Subject 3 - Finance for Modern Professional
Communication WKSP 3.0
Minor Project II
|Semester 7||Semester 8|
Major Project- 1
Professional Ethics and Values
Open Elective - 3
CTS-5 Campus to corporate
Introduction to Deep Learning
Major Projects 2
Open Elective - 4
Universal Human Value & Ethics
Robotics and Intelligent Systems
MTech in Artificial Intelligence
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Graph Theory||Robot Programming|
|Electronics System Design||Electrical Actuators and Drives|
|Introduction to Robotics||Image Processing & Machine Vision|
|Machine and Mechanics||Robotics Based Industrial Automation|
|Embedded Systems||Robotics Control System|
|Manufacturing System Simulation||Principles of Computer Integrated Manufacturing|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Artificial Intelligence and Neural Network||Comp Numerical Control Machines & Adaptive Control|
|System modelling and identification||Manufacturing Systems Automation|
|Nano Robotics||Robot Economics|
|Robot Vision||Modern Material Handling Systems|
|Robotic Simulation||Group Technology and Cellular Manufacturing|
|PLC and Data Acquisition system||__|
MSc in Artificial Intelligence
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Computer Architecture and Organization||Operating System|
|Problem Solving and Programming in C||Computer Networking|
|Data Structure and Algorithm||Database Management System|
|Machine Learning||Object Oriented Programming|
|Mathematics for Machine Learning||Elective I|
|Programming Lab||Mini Project I|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Soft Computing||Research/ Internship|
|Internet Technologies||List of Electives (Semester 2)|
|Mini Project II||Data Analytics|
|Elective II||Digital Image Processing|
|Elective III||Artificial Intelligence|
|Elective IV||List of Electives (Semester 3)|
|-||Language Technologies and Information Retrieval|
|Advanced Data Analytics|
|Big Data Technologies|
|AI and Knowledge Representation|
|Object Oriented Analysis and Design|
Jobs After Artificial Intelligence Courses
Students who pursue careers in Artificial Intelligence do not sit jobless at home. In the current time artificial intelligence is taking away the market, hence every student would have jobs.
Top Job Profiles
As Artificial Intelligence is a growing field, the career prospects for MTech AI candidates are also growing day by day.
- Successful postgraduates in Artificial Intelligence can make their career in a wide range of fields such as Artificial Intelligence Agencies, Robotics Companies Coordinating Committee for Artificial Intelligence and other related domains.
- Students holding an MTech Artificial Intelligence degree will be able to find work as a Game Programmer, Robotic Scientist, Computer Scientist, Software Engineer etc., or as Developer for machines used in game playing, speech recognition, language detection, computer vision, expert systems, robotics etc.
Some of the popular professional jobs available to MTech Artificial Intelligence degree holders along with the corresponding salaries are provided in the table given below:
|Job Position||Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Software Engineer||The main job of a Software Engineer is to install, design and maintenance of the software systems.||INR 4,50,000|
|Computer Scientist||A Computer Scientist is responsible for anticipating the software requirements by developing and maintaining the databases and applications.||INR 6,82,000|
|AI Researcher||An AI researcher researches on the new possibilities in the field of Artificial Intelligence. They try to discover new techniques to develop more advanced AI gadgets.||INR 12,00,000|
|Robotic Scientist||The main job of a Robotic Scientist is to design, test and build robots that are productive, safe to operate and economical to purchase.||INR 7,54,000|
|Game Programmer||A Game Programmer is responsible for designing, programming, simulating and testing the automated machinery and processes such that to complete the tasks in the gaming industry.||INR 5,75,000|
|AI Gadgets Developer||AI Gadget developers work to build the various gadgets which use Artificial Intelligence. They generally work under MNCs working on Artificial Intelligence.||INR 8,00,000|
|Machine Learning Engineer||It is considered to be one of the most sought after jobs in AI space. To become a Machine Learning Engineer one must have a strong hand on software skills, have knowledge of how to apply predictive models and utilise natural language processing while working with huge data set||INR 7,50,000|
|Data Scientist||A Data Scientist is someone who collects, analyses and interprets data from various sources by using machine learning and predective analytics to better understand how the business performs and builds AI tools||INR 6,00,000|
|Business Intelligence Developer||The demand for Business Intelligence Developer has skyrocketed in recent years. BI Developers spend a considerable amount of time in researching and planning solutions for existing problems within the company. Whether it is about analysing complex data or a lookout for current business BI Developer plays a vital role in increasing the profotability and efficiency of the organization.||INR 7,00,000|
Artificial Intelligence Courses: FAQs
Ques. What is artificial intelligence?
Ans. Artificial Intelligence is a process that allows the machine to learn with experiences and think and act like humans. Some examples of this are personal assistants like Siri and Alexa, self-driving cars, chess-playing computers, song and movie suggestions in Netflix and Spotify.
Ques. Is it a good idea to start a career in artificial intelligence?
Ans. Now life without technology is just impossible. The AI market is expected to grow exponentially at a rate of 42.2% from 2019-2027. There are huge advancements taking place in AI and so the demand for AI professionals will also increase.
Ques. What will be the future of AI in the workforce?
Ans. It is very much possible that AI will replace jobs that involve repetitive or basic problem-solving tasks. Currently, AI does help make accurate decisions based on previous experiences. So AI can make people lose jobs at some level.
Ques. What are the top companies that hire AI graduates?
Ans. Amazon, NVIDIA, Microsoft, IBM, Accenture, Facebook, Intel, Samsung, Lenovo, Adobe, MoTek Technologies, Uber, etc. are some of the top companies that hire AI graduates.
Ques. What is the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning?
Ans. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are the two most trending technologies to create intelligent systems. They are correlated but they are not the same. AI makes intelligent machines that simulate human thinking abilities and behaviors. Whereas machine learning helps the machine to learn through past experiences automatically.
Ques. What are the main areas of specialization in artificial intelligence?
Ans. The main areas of specialization in artificial intelligence include Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Python, Data Analysis, Language Processing, etc.
Ques. What are the skills required to get a job in artificial intelligence?
Ans. Artificial Intelligence is a vast field of study. It required people who have knowledge in various areas. Some of the skills required are knowledge of maths, science, and computers.