What is BBE?
Bachelor of Business Economics is a very fine and uncommon area of the graduate study course. It is offered in very few colleges in India. BA and Bcom in Business Economics are also offered by universities and colleges.
The BBE course is a full time, three years long, regular degree program that acts as a foundation course for aspirants who wish to pursue a professional career in business finance and economics.
The range of course fee varies vastly, starting from INR 12,000 - 3,00,000 per year. The admission procedure combines merit and entrance mode of admission, as per the rules laid by the respective colleges or universities.
Here is a table containing top colleges offering BBE:
|College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|Lady Shri Ram College For Women||Entrance test||INR 16,390||INR 10,00,000|
|Gargi College||Entrance test||INR 8,005||INR 3,00,000|
|Christ University||Entrance test||INR 56,600||INR 6,50,000|
|Magadh University||Entrance test||INR 61,200||INR 2,50,000|
|St Xavier’s College of Management and Technology||Entrance test||INR 56,000||INR 5,00,000|
Students who pursue this course start their careers in national and international corporate sectors like the stock market, broker firm, financial analyzing firms, business analyst sectors, investment banks, corporate banks, financial research and analysis institutes, academic institutions, etc.
As a fresher in business economics, the candidate will start his or her career with a salary ranging between INR 2,00,000-3,00,000.
The scope of higher studies is also ample in this area of study. MBA, MPhil. and Doctoral degrees are some of the promising areas one can pursue.
See more: Top BBE Colleges in India
What is the BBE Admission Process?
The Admission of the Bachelors in Business Economics course is either merit-based or entrance based.
- Aspirants need to apply as per the official application format and all the required documents.
- The admission list will be prepared by the college purely based on merit.
- Students may take admission at the time of merit list publication.
- Students can view their application status by visiting the respective college or university admission portal.
- Institutes conducting admission procedures via entrance tests offer specific timelines for their candidates to fulfill their application.
How to apply for BBE?
Students may refer to the following steps for understanding the application procedure:
- Visit the official website of the University.
- Create a profile with an ID and password.
- Fill up the form with personal and academic details.
- Upload scanned copies of essential testimonials, signature, an impression of left thumb, and photographs.
- Submit the application.
|BBA/BBM IN DELHI-NCR||BBA/BBM IN MAHARASHTRA||BBA/BBM IN CHENNAI||BBA/BBM IN UTTAR PRADESH||BBA/BBM IN TELANGANA|
What is the Eligibility Criteria for BBE?
The eligibility criteria for admission to the Bachelor in Business Economics course are as follows:
- Having passed the higher secondary or equivalent class of 10+2.
- Having scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Having a commerce background will be considered as an added advantage.
What is the BBE top Entrance Exam?
Universities like Delhi University conduct all India entrance examination for its admission to BBE courses. This year, the tentative examination schedule was postponed due to the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic outbreak.
|Exam||Conducting Body||Application Date||Exam Date||Results|
|DUJAT||Delhi University||Jun 20, 2020||Sept 7, 2020||Oct 14, 2020|
How to Prepare for the BBE Entrance Exam?
The Delhi University Joint Entrance Test is composed of Quantitative Ability, Reasoning and Analytical Ability, General English, General Awareness. Some of the tips to prepare for Bachelor in Business Economics are:
- The entrance exam would include 100 multiple-choice questions.
- It will be of objective type and each question is of 3 marks.
- The total duration of the examination is 2 hours.
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- Practice everyday and take mocks to be better prepared.
See more: DUJAT Practice Papers
How to Get Admission to a Good BBE College?
Some of the important points to keep in mind to secure a top a college in Bachelors in Business Economics are:
- In case of merit, you must secure a score that is well above the minimum cut off to get admission into your choice of college.
- In the case of the entrance examination, try to score high to secure a higher rank. Higher rank ensures a better chance of getting admitted to your choice of college.
- Confirm the first college you get for admission instead of waiting for another college to publish their merit list.
BBE: What is it About?
Bachelor of Business Economics is a three-year-long full time degree course for the field of business economics and finances.
- The course is detailed for gaining in-depth analytical and theoretical knowledge of business economics.
- The core area of studies includes both traditional as well as contemporary trends in business economics.
- The main topics of study are macroeconomics, microeconomics, stock market analysis, history of business economics, current and contemporary trends of international business trends, Indian economy, fiscal economy, business finance, etc.
- It also includes technical subjects like statistics, tally, IT programs for business economics analysis, etc.
- The course offers an internship to its students to let them achieve practical exposure to the business world.
- Students aspiring to start their career by concentrating on business economics and financial trends can pursue this course.
- Being a graduation course, this is the foundation course for students wishing to pursue long term career goals in economics and finance.
- Students may start their careers as business economists, trainee financial analysts, stock market trainees, junior business analysts, etc.
- For career development, BBE can lead up to MBE, MBA, Mphil, or doctoral degrees as higher studies options.
BBE Course Highlights
Some of the major highlights of Bachelor of Business Economics are mentioned below:
|Course Level||Bachelor’s degree|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Business Economics|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in 10+2, Entrance test score in selected colleges|
|Admission Process||Merit and/or Entrance based|
|Course Fee||INR 1,20,000 - 3,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 25,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Stock Markets, Banking Sectors, Insurance Companies, Corporate Financial sectors, Financial Research institutes, Consultancy Services, Business Development Hubs, Educational Institutes for Finance and Business Management|
|Job Positions||Economics Business Analyst, Business Development Executive, Economics Business Manager, Business Economics Associate, Business Economics Junior/Trainee Consultant, Teacher, Professor|
Why Study BBE?
BBE is a three year long bachelor degree program dedicated to the field of business economics. It includes a deep understanding of the national, international, and corporate structure of economics and financial trends.
- Aspirants who wish to pursue this course will be taught about the different aspects of business finance trends.
- The focus of this course is to impart in-depth theoretical analyzing knowledge into students rather than to mostly emphasize on practical approach.
- This is a basic field of studies for students who wish to pursue their careers in business finances and economics.
- It gives the students the core knowledge regarding the contemporary as well as historic trends of businesses and economies like Economic Reforms, International economy, and financial trends, Statistics for Business Analysis, etc.
- This course is generally semester oriented and involves subjects like Indian economy, macroeconomics, microeconomics, financial systems, financial accounting and management, entrepreneurial development, legal aspects of the trade, foreign trade, business analysis, etc.
- Simultaneously to the theories, aspirants need to pursue in-depth knowledge in software programs and informational technology based economic programs like Tally, Sage, SPSS,
- As this is the starting degree of business, economics, and financial trends, students with the degree will get a chance to work at the beginners, fresher, or trainee positions.
- Prime recruiters are corporate banks, financial analyst firms, business analyst firms, stock markets, financial research hubs, business relationship firms, etc. with a vast exposure directly into the professional financial world.
- After completion of the study, candidates with a BBE degree generally focus on career roles like Economics Business Analyst, Business Development Executive, Stock Market Analysts, Market Finance Supervisor, Business Economics Junior/Trainee Consultant, even in educational roles as Teacher or Professor.
- In the future, students with a BBE degree, tend to pursue higher studies in any field of business and finances like business development, MBA in finances, M.Phil. in business economics, and doctoral degrees in business, economics, or finance.
Course Comparison: BBE vs. BBS
Bachelor of Business Economics is a specialized area of study that exclusively focuses on the international and contemporary business economic trends as well as the historical economic tendency. On the other hand, Bachelor of Business Studies is a broad area of graduate studies that builds a strong base in accounting, marketing, or management in students.
Aspirants may look into the following table to understand better.
|Course duration||3 years||3 years|
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria||10+2||10+2|
|Course Fee||INR 12,000 - 3,00,000||INR 12,000 - 1,00,000|
|Similar Course of Study||BA Business Economics, B.Com Business Economics||BBA, BBM|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2,40,000||INR 4,40,000|
What are the BBE Top Colleges?
Bachelor of Business Economics is a unique subject that is offered by very few colleges around India. This course is offered as BA, B.Com, or part of Management programs. Aspirants wish to pursue their career in this stream, may refer to the following table for colleges' names and other details.
Top Colleges for BBE include:
|College Name||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|Lady Shri Ram College For Women||INR 16,390||INR 10,00,000|
|Gargi College||INR 8,005||INR 3,00,000|
|Christ University||INR 56,600||INR 6,50,000|
|Magadh University||INR 61,200||INR 2,50,000|
|St Xavier’s College of Management and Technology||INR 56,000||INR 5,00,000|
BBE: College Comparison
Some of the Top Colleges offering BBE are compared on various parameters:
|Parameter||Lady Shri Ram College for Women||Gargi College||Christ University|
|Overview||Established in 1956 in Delhi, NAAC grade A+ college. It is a public college with an India Today 2020 rank of 3 in Commerce.||It was established in 1967, in New Delhi. The college is a public institute.||A deemed to be university, established in 1969 in Bangalore, India. It is a NAAC accredited grade A college.|
|Average Fee||INR 16,390||INR 8,000||INR 56,600|
|Course Duration||3 years||3 years||3 years|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 10,00,000||INR 3,00,000||INR 6,50,000|
What is the BBE Syllabus?
Aspirants may refer to the following syllabus to understand the general pattern of the course. Though, the respective university may alter or incorporate exclusive course details as per their rules and regulations.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Micro-Economic Analysis - 1||Micro-Economic Analysis - 1|
|Mathematics for Business and Economics||Statistics for Business and Economics|
|Business Communication||Economics of Money - Banking and Finance|
|Information Technology for Business and economics (Practical)||Spreadsheets for Business and Economics - 1 (Practical)|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Public Finance||Accounting and Management|
|Macro-Economic Policy and Application||Business Organization and Environment|
|Research Methodology||International Economics Financial|
|Spreadsheets for Business and Economics - 2 (Practical)||Computational Techniques: SPSS -1 (Practical)|
|Computational Techniques: Sage (Practical)||Computational Techniques: Tally - 1 (Practical)|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|India’s Economic Development Since Independence||Indian Financial System|
|Legal Aspects of Business||Evolution of Economic Thought|
|Econometrics||Economics of Growth|
|Computational Techniques: SPSS 21 (Practical)||Operations Research|
|Computational Techniques: Tally 21 (Practical)||Internship/ UG Thesis and Viva|
What are the BBE Job Profiles?
After successful completion of the BBE course, graduates can find career opportunities in the Corporate Banking, Stock Market, Finance, Academic Institution and many more. Aspirants may refer to the following table to understand the job roles and expected average salaries in detail:
|Job Profile||Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Accounts Executive||The job of an accounts executive is to manage the accounts of an organization.||INR 3,20,000|
|Finance Executive||The finance executive not only manages the finances but also predicts the risks that the organization might face.||INR 3,50,000|
|Financial Accountant||The financial accountant keeps a track of all the accounts of the organization.||INR 4,00,000|
|Economics Business Analyst||Economic Business Analyst performs research on a vast pool of financial data to derive a prediction of upcoming financial or economic trends. This profile is very important in forecasting national and international fiscal tendencies, therefore, controlling the economic flow.||INR 3,80,000|
|Business Development Executive||They contribute to increasing the sales and revenues of any company or organization by influencing the business development models and strategies in terms of sales.||INR 2,90,000|
What is the BBE Future Scope?
To earn a strong career in this subject, students must be enthusiastic to opt for career development courses or higher studies. Below are mentioned some of the potential future scopes in this course of study:
- MBE: Students can pursue a Master in Business Economics as their choice of higher study course. This is a specialized course of study that gives further in-depth analytical knowledge of contemporary business economics of international trends and courses. Upgraded use of software and statistical predictions are also taught in this course.
- MBA in Finance: Master in Business Administration with a specialization in Finance is another specialty that is beneficial for a BBE student. MBA will give him or her specialized education that is required for corporate finance. An in-depth analysis of various financial management case studies along with detailed methodology will help the candidate in gaining further insight./ MBA is helpful in case of a salary hike too.
- M.Phil. & Ph.D.: Business economics is a transitional subject with ever-changing methodology, prediction, analytical theories, and methods. Students wishing to continue their research on business economics can opt for M.Phil and Ph.D.
Ques. I have passed my Higher Secondary in Arts stream. Am I eligible to apply for a Bachelor of Business Economics?
Ques. Does the BBE course offer an internship?
Ques.What is the minimum aggregate mark for students from the reserved category?
Ques. What is the range of the starting salary of a graduate with a BBE degree?
Ques. Can I pursue MBA in Finance after a BBE degree?
Ques. I wish to pursue research in business economics. MBA or Doctorate, what will be beneficial for me?
Ques. What is better BBA or BBE?
Ques. What are the other similar courses to Bachelor of Business Economics that I can pursue?
Ques. What are subjects taught in Bachelor in Business Economics (BBE)?