BA (Bachelors of Arts) in Functional English is a 3-year long undergraduate program in India that deals with functional English.
Admission to BA Functional English is usually based on merit, however, some colleges or universities conduct an entrance exam to grant admission to the BA Functional English course in India.
A candidate should score 50% marks in 10+2. One should have a bright future in teaching job, associate community manager, technical account managers, cross functional marketing manager, translator etc. if he/she opt BA (Bachelors of Arts) in functional English.
See more: BA Functional English Colleges in India
BA Functional English: Highlights
|Full Form||Bachelors of Arts in Functional English|
|Eligibility||10+2 with 50% marks|
|Courses level||Undergraduate Degree|
|Admission||Entrance exam and merit based|
|Average Fees||INR 1-2 LPA|
|Recruiting Companies||HCL, News18, Snapdeal, Flipkart, Indiatimes, etc.|
|Jobs areas||Advertising, Publishing, Research, Teaching, College/ Universities, Language, Translation Departments, etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 1-10 LPA|
BA Functional English: Admission Process
Admission method details for admission furthermore as courses will be accessed from the official website of the several institutes or schools.
- Candidates will transfer the admission form from the website.
- The procedure of filling the applying ought to be done properly.
- After the undefeated submission of the admission form, candidates are concerned about the written test.
BA Functional English: Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates should complete their 10+2 equivalent examination in Arts Subjects.
- The Marks of admission for this program could vary from faculty to varsity.
BA Functional English: Entrance Exams
Here are some entrance tests that are conducted by few colleges of BA [Functional English] in India:
|College Name||Entrance Exam Date|
|Tumkur University Entrance Test||February 12, 2021|
|LPUNEST||March 20-April 5,2021|
|IPUCET||April 28, 2021|
BA Functional English: How to Prepare for Entrance Exams?
You should prepare for the exam by going through the topics for that relative course.
- Take preliminary tests.
- Check your timing.
- Get a good sleep at night before the exam.
- Revise at least 2 times for the exam.
- Be confident.
BA Functional English: How to Get Admission in a Good College?
- Fill the Online or Offline application form on time.
- The candidates must check the college website to see the updates about the admission process in that particular college.
- Research about the college, placements, courses, syllabus, and so on beforehand.
- Prepare well for the entrance and personal interview rounds.
BA Functional English: What is it About?
BA Courses offers various career options for candidates possessing fluent communication skills and excellent knowledge of English language so that clients can serve better.
- BA in functional English is the advanced level English Program with an interactive approach.
- This programme concentrates on Application of English in most important areas - Media, Business, Translation, Creative writing, Advertising, Film, Sports and Entertainment, primary language skill - LSRW (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing)
- Fostering human values via publicity to most important works of literature in English and stimulating self-exploration and self-expression
- Moulding a era of techno-savvy pupil capable in tapping ICT for era of knowledge
- Providing aid for IELTS, TOEFL and different worldwide language trying out systems.
Why Study BA Functional English?
The course mainly focuses on areas just like the Industries of Media, business, Translation, Invention writing advertising, films, sports and recreation.
- The course is appropriate for a candidate World Health Organization (WHO) desire to pursue that opportunity that involves day to day over on-line or face to face sessions.
- WHO aim is to start out personal tutorial on-line or establishment for exams like GRE, TOFEL, IELTS.
- Globalization of the offices round the arena has caused worldwide collaboration as a not unusual place exercise amongst groups and English permits for ease of communications international irrespective of the native/mom tongue language.
BA Functional English: Course Comparison
BA Functional English and BA Business Economics are branches of Bachelor of Arts but some the differences are listed below:
|Course||B.A. (Functional English)||B.A. (English)|
|Overview||BA Functional English offers various career option for candidates possessing fluent communication skills and excellent knowledge of English language||BA English deals with prose, poetry and other works by the most prominent personalities of the language.|
|Eligibility||10+2 with any stream||10+2 with any stream|
|Best college in India||Loyola College, Chennai||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi|
|Average fees||INR 1-2 LPA||INR 20,000-2 LPA|
|Average salary package||INR 3 to 10 LPA||INR 4-10 LPA|
|Jobs areas||Advertising, Publishing, Research, Teaching, College/ Universities, Language, Translation Departments, etc.||Consultant, Teacher, Customer Service Associate, Personnel Manager, Assistant Professor, Business Manager, etc.|
BA Functional English: Top Colleges
|College Name||City||Average Fees||Average Salary (Per Annum)|
|Loyola College||Chennai||INR 4,610||INR 5,50,000|
|Lady Shri Ram College For Women||New Delhi||INR 16,400||INR 7,50,000|
|Christ University||Bangalore||INR 26,700||INR 6,00,000|
|Miranda House College||New Delhi||INR 12,200||INR 7,33,000|
|Presidency College||Chennai||INR 1,250||INR 3,65,000|
|Madras Christian College||Chennai||INR 18,700||INR 2,31,000|
|Hindu College||New Delhi||INR 14,300||INR 8,00,000|
|Hans Raj College||New Delhi||INR 19,200||INR 11,00,000|
|Fergusson College||Pune||INR 3,040||INR 3,50,000|
|Ramjas College||New Delhi||INR 10,600||INR 4,00,000|
BA Functional English: College Comparison
|Parameter||Loyola College||Lady Shri Ram College For Women||Miranda House College|
|Overview||The list of the best colleges in the country includes the Loyola College name and it has been consistently ranked 3rd in different disciplines.||The college is for women of the foremost colleges of the university of Delhi, Established in the year 1956.||The college, in2019 has been ranked as the best college in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework [NIRF]|
|Average Fees||INR 4,610||INR 21,290||INR 14,160|
|Average Package||INR 5,50,000||INR 7,50,000||INR 7,33,000|
BA Functional English: Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Indian writing in English Or Postcolonial Writing||Reading on India Constitution, Secular State, sustainable Environment|
|Communication skills in other Language||Methodology Functional Language|
|Critical Reasoning, Writing and Presentation||Translation and Communication in Other Languages|
|Communication skills in English||Landmarks in English Literature|
|Methodology- Humanities||Reading Literature in English|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Literature in Other Languages||Culture and Civilization|
|Literature Contemporary Issues||History and Philosophy Science|
|Informatics||Oral Communication Practice|
|Public Administration or Personality Development||Public Relations|
|Communication Grammar||Applied Phonetics|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Media studies - I||Media studies – II Electronic Media|
|Introduction to linguistics||English Language Teaching|
|Creative writing||Translation Studies|
|Communicative English (open) & Project||Advertising – Theory and Practice|
|Business English||Introduction to Theatre Studies|
|-||Literature in Translation|
BA Functional English: Job Profiles
As you pass the BA (Functional English) you will get reputed jobs in multinational companies with respected positions.
|Job Profiles||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Associate Community Manager||Associate Community Manager deals with all communication, social media, PR, etc.||INR 2,99,869|
|Technical account manager||He/she is the in charge of dealing and managing all technical aspects of a company’s relationship with its clients||INR 10,05,395|
|Cross function marketing manager||They corporates with marketing campaigns as well as marketing strategy||INR 6,44,431|
|Teacher||Teachers in school/college||INR 3,01,462|
|Translator and Interpreter||They change over concepts in the source languages to equivalent concepts into the target languages.||INR 2,96,997|
BA Functional English: Future Scope
The candidates can search jobs within the fields of mass communication and journalism when finishing BA in functional English.
- They have to qualify the employments in business management and administration areas.
- Tourism sector also offers employment for these applicants in the administration section.
- They can also try for jobs in visual communication, law, etc
- And if he/she is interested in further studies then they should opt for a Master's degree like MA, MBA etc.
BA Functional English: FAQs
Ques. Is BA (Functional English) a good course?
Ans. Those who are willing to go for teaching fields at a higher degree and want their career in Teaching Fields then most probably BA (Functional English) is good for them.
Ques. What is the full form of BA Functional English?
Ans. Bachelors of Arts in Functional English is a 3 Years Undergraduate English language course.
Ques. What are the main points that BA Functional English focuses on?
Ans. BA (Functional English) mainly focuses on communication in English as well in other languages, Writing, Advertising, Translator.
Ques. Apart from BA (Functional English) what are the other fields available?
Ans. Apart from BA(Functional English), some major fields in BA are:
- Classical studies
- Fine arts
- Gender and social justice
Ques. After BA (Functional English) what to do next?
Ans. After BA (Functional English) the scope of BA is extremely high. Jobs are available for those students who are willing to do jobs in the fields of mass communication and journalism. They can also apply for employment in the business management and administration area.
Ques. Is BA (Functional English) better than BA (English Literature)?
Ans. BA (Functional English) can help the students to practice the way in which English Language functions. BA (English Literature) course is one of the most popular courses and can be defined as a holistic course dealing with language, BA functional English is more of a specially designed practical course that engages with the real-life usages of the language.
Ques. Is a BA (Functional English) degree valuable?
Ans. Yes, this degree is valuable as it completes the Under-graduation and can be the best option for Teaching fields as future scope.