What is BA Hospitality Management?
Bachelor of Arts in hospitality management is a course that deals with the necessary knowledge and education related to Hospitality industries such as airlines and hotels to facilitate smooth processes and conduct quality standards while delivering the services.
The course program includes studying various aspects of hospitality management to ensure holistic learning.
The course eligibility requires an intermediate degree in any discipline with a score of 50-60% to avail admission in this course program.
See Also: BA Admission Process
Some of top colleges offering BA Hospitality Management are:
|Name of the College||Admission Process||Average Fees||Average Salary|
|CT Institute of Hotel Management, Jalandhar||Intermediate degree in any discipline/ CET||INR 50,000||INR 2-5 LPA|
|NIILM University, Kaithal||Intermediate degree in any discipline/ CET||INR 40,000-50,000||INR 2-5 LPA|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University Jaipur||Intermediate degree in any discipline/ CET||INR 50,000-60,000||INR 2-5 LPA|
|International Institute of Hotel Management New Delhi||Intermediate degree in any discipline/ CET||INR 2-3 LPA||INR 2-10 LPA|
|International Institute of Hotel Management Kolkata||Intermediate degree in any discipline/ CET||INR 2-4 LPA||INR 2-10 LPA|
The course provides essential details on processes and procedures of hospitality business by putting emphasis on sectors such as catering, food and beverage, event planning and tourism, restaurant and lounge.
See Also: All About BA Course
The course fee ranges around INR 3-6 LPA, and once an employee is hired through this course, the BA Salary ranges around INR 2-7 LPA and is subjected to increase through promotions.
What are the BA Hospitality Management Admission Process?
Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management is a three year course that requires an intermediate degree in any discipline to avail admission.
- However there are certain entrance tests like AIMA UGAT, UPSEE BHMCT that need to be qualified before getting admission in this course program.
- Certain colleges also offer admission on the basis of merit.
- Therefore students are advised to kindly go through the college guidelines for accurate information.
What is the BA Hospitality Management Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility of this course program is as follows:
- A candidate is required to have an intermediate degree in any discipline
- A candidate should have a minimum score of 50-60% in their prior examinations.
- A candidate is also expected to qualify the entrance exams such as AIMA UGAT, UPSEE BHMCT to get admission in the colleges of their choice.
Which are the BA Hospitality Management Entrance Exams?
Some of the top entrance exams for BA Hospitality Management are:
UPSEE BHMCT: UPSEE BHMCT is conducted by Colleges of Lucknow and UP that come under AKTU to provide admission in courses such as architecture, hotel management, pharmaceutical and fine arts courses. The pattern consists of multiple choice questions and matters related to the course and subject in which the candidates has applied for.
AIMA UGAT: AIMA UGAT is an exam conducted on national level by All India Management Association to offer admission to students in courses such as BCA, MBA and BHM. The course includes questions related to general knowledge and logical skills or reasoning.
IHM CET: Indian Institute of Hotel Management also conducts CET exams to provide admission to students and their pattern is similar to other CET exams that includes logical reasoning and aptitude tests.
|Name of the Entrance Test||Date of Form issue||Last date of form submission||Day of Exam||Announcement of results|
|UPSEE BHMCT||4th week of January||3rd week of March||1st week of May||May 2021|
How to Prepare for the BA Hospitality Management Entrance Exams?
Candidates are required to follow certain guidelines as mentioned below:
- Candidates must go through their syllabus of previous examinations and refer to the guidebooks and pattern to get to know important questions.
- Candidates can also take help of the internet to understand key concepts and logical procedures.
- Candidates are also expected to continuously practice with the assistance of a time management table to solve and pay attention to all the important areas.
- Candidates are also expected to solve the previous year question papers to understand the pattern of the exam.
How to get Admission in a Good BA Hospitality Management College?
Candidates can get admission in the colleges of their choice by following the guidelines mentioned below:
- Candidates are expected to study according to the syllabus by taking help of practice books and questionnaires available on the internet.
- Candidates are also advised to strictly adhere to the syllabus mentioned in the college's eligibility criteria to avail admission and focus only on important points.
- Candidates are also advised to maintain good grades in their previous examinations to attain admissions in colleges of their choice and preference.
Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management: What is it About?
Bachelor in Hospitality Management is a three year course that teaches us about the significance of hospitality industries and enlighten the candidates about the necessary concepts and services that perform key functions in this sector.
- Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management deals with the necessary knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- The course revolves around the services provided by the hotel management, airline services, food and beverage industry as well as catering services and housekeeping, sales and marketing.
- The course also deals with spa and wellness services and provides assistance to candidates while teaching the essentials of this industry and related services.
- The course teaches the core concepts of catering and hospitality events, Management, organization and coordination.
- The course also provides information on various aspects of hospitality where candidates can get acquainted with teachings that pertain to catering managers and food event planners or workers that work on resorts and hotels.
- Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management also provides information on tourism and healthcare services where candidates are trained to give optimum quality service and attend lectures and internships for the same.
- Candidates also receive training on a number of professions with internships and practical approaches such as wellness and healthcare, spa and massage, tourism and hotels etc.
BA Hospitality Management: Highlights
|Full form||Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management|
|Examination type||Offline and Semester based|
|Eligibility||An intermediate degree in any discipline|
|Admission Process||An intermediate degree with a minimum score of 50-60% / CET|
|Average Salary||INR 3-6 LPA|
|Course Fee||INR 4-6 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Agencies||Hotels, Restaurants, Resorts, Event and Facility Management Companies, etc|
|Job Positions||Hospitality Executive, Assistant Food, and Beverage Manager, Catering Manager, Catering Supervisor, etc.|
Why Study BA Hospitality Management?
Bachelor of arts in hospitality management is a premium course that offers a wide variety of career options in many hospitality related fields.
- Candidates can study this course to work as hospitality executives in reputed hotel chains and tourism sector to cater to the needs of travellers and people in general
- Candidates can also opt for a profession of food and beverage assistant or managers in the hospitality industry where they are responsible for proper allocation of food and beverage to guests and offer the best of services in terms of food options.
- Careers like catering managers are also high paying jobs that individuals can work with where they are responsible for catering and services organised in formal and informal events.
- Candidates can also work as employees in the healthcare sector where they cater to the needs of people and offer assistance in healthcare and physical therapy.
- Individuals can also opt for tourism job sectors in both private and public undertakings where they'll be responsible for planning the itineraries and stays for guests and other people.
- Candidates can also become entrepreneurs and can work on their independent work projects related to the fields mentioned above.
- Candidates can also work in restaurants business and owners or partners, they can also opt for managerial Positions in prestigious restaurants and hotels to handle core issues of the business.
- Candidates can work in exotic resorts and handle administrative duties to earn well and also seek exposure and variety in the job premises.
- Individuals can also seek employment as lodging managers and officers.
Course Comparison: BA Hospitality Management vs. Diploma in Hospitality Management?
The comparison between BA Hospitality Management and Diploma in Hospitality Management are mentioned below:
|Parameters||Diploma in Hospitality Management||Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management|
|Overview||Diploma in Hospitality Management gives a bird eye view of the main concepts of hospitality industry through assignments and practical projects||Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management is a three year course that offers expertise in each aspect with detail to provide important inputs and information for the same.|
|Average Fees||INR 10,000-1,00,000||INR 4-6 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 1-3 LPA||INR 3-6 LPA|
|Duration||One year||Three to Four years|
Which are the Top BA Hospitality Management Colleges?
|Name of the College||Average Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|International Institute of Hotel Management Bangalore||INR 5,21,000||INR 4-9 LPA|
|NIILM University Kaithal||INR 4-5 LPA||INR 3-7 LPA|
|AIMS Institutes Bangalore||-||-|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University , Jaipur||-||-|
|International Institute of Hotel Management Hyderabad||INR 1,92,000||INR 3-7 LPA|
|International Institute of Hotel Management Pune||INR 1,92,000||INR 3-7 LPA|
|International Institute of Hotel Management Kolkata||INR 1,92,000||INR 3-7 LPA|
|CT Institute of Hotel Management Punjab||INR 6,00,000||INR 2-8 LPA|
|Chennais Amirta International Institute of Hotel Management Chennai||-||-|
|The Red-carpet Hotel and Culinary Academy – RHCA Maharashtra||-||-|
BA Hospitality Management: College Comparison
|Parameters||CT Institute of Hotel Management Punjab||International Institute of Hotel Management Bangalore|
|Overview||CT Institute of Hotel Management offers a holistic approach of learning and offers expertise in wide variety of courses and Avenues of the hospitality industry||International Institute of Hotel Management Bangalore is a prestigious college for hotel management courses that offer the most extensive and accurate hotel management syllabus with internships for better approach and learning.|
|Average Fees||INR 6,00,000||INR 1,92,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2-8 LPA||INR 3-7 LPA|
|Top placement companies||Marriott, Coca-Cola, etc.||Radisson, London, Hilton, London, Meridien Mina Shayi, Dubai, Holiday Inn etc|
What is the BA Hospitality Management Syllabus?
|Year I||Year II||Year III|
|Accommodation Operations||Management Accounting||Special Events Marketing|
|Business Communication and Etiquette||Food & Beverage Service Operation & Management||Convention Management|
|Food & Beverage Service||Management Accounting||Aesthetic Awareness|
|Food Production & Patisserie||Human Resource Management & Law||Hospitality Supervision & Training Skills|
|English||Hospitality Marketing||Conference & Exhibition Management|
|Front Office Operations||Contemporary Issues in Hospitality||Service Management|
|Accounts & Finance||Approaches to Research||Food & Wine|
|IT in Hospitality Industry||Leadership||Catering Management|
|Tourism Management||Principles & Practices of Management||Security and loss prevention|
|Nutrition & Food Science||Dining Room Service||-|
Which are the BA Hospitality Management Important Books?
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|Hospitality Experience||Frans Mellissen, Jean-Pierre Van Der Rest|
|Introduction to Hospitality||John R Walker|
|Food and beverage cost control||Lea R Dopson, David K Hayes|
|Fundamentals of planning and Tourism||Bulent, I. Kastarlak, Brian Barber|
|Hotel Front Office Management||James E Bardi|
|Hotel Management and Operations||Michael J. O′Fallon and Denney G. Rutherford|
What are the BA Hospitality Management Job Profiles?
Bachelor of arts in Hospitality Management offers plenty of opportunities in the hospitality industry that are stable and reliable.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Catering Manager||Catering managers are responsible for delivering and monitoring the catering services of the hotel/resorts/Restaurants as well deliver quality service and standard||INR 4-6 LPA|
|Conference and Events Sales Executive||Conference and event sales executives are responsible for handling core operations and Administration duties in regards to business events.||INR 2-4 LPA|
|Catering Supervisor||Catering Supervisors are professionals that help in supervising the quality of food and beverage as well as monitor important issues and processes related to the same.||INR 4.5-6 LPA|
|Hospitality Executive||Hospitality Executives are professionals that are responsible for handling core duties of Administration and management to ensure smooth flow of communication among other employees and customers.||INR 3-6 LPA|
|Assistant Food and Beverage Manager||Assistant Food and Beverage Managers are people who provide assistance to the supervisor in carrying out duties and responsibilities related to the food and beverage sector of reputed hotels chains and resorts/ restaurants etc.||INR 3-5 LPA|
|Event Manager||Event managers are responsible for organizing and planning the formal and informal events in hotel chains and resorts||INR 3-4 LPA|
What is the BA Hospitality Management Future Scope?
Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management offers plenty of opportunities in many sectors of the hospitality industry to ensure a bright and stable career.
- Candidates enrolled in this program can also opt for higher education after finishing this degree. They can opt for masters program to gain more insight on the subject and can also work as research associates and teaching faculty in hotel management schools and colleges
- Candidates can also work on their independent ventures and assignments like opening their own restaurant or hotel chains and become entrepreneurs.
- Candidates can always get employment as catering executives and supervisors and can actively assist with work related to catering services.
- Candidates can also work in resorts as bar attendants and food and beverage experts.
- Candidates can also work in event Facilities where they can help in managing direct formal and informal events in hotel chains and resorts.
- Candidates can also opt for spas and healthcare services where they can seek employment in Administration or personnel department to work in delivering physical therapy or help in organization of relaxation activities for the guests.
- Candidates can also work in leading hotel chains and resorts.
BA Hospitality Management: FAQs
Ques. What is hospitality management?
Ques. What is the eligibility of a bachelor of Arts in hospitality management?
Ques. What is the admission process of Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management?
Ques. What are the different entrance exams available for this course program?
Ques. What are the minimum requirements of this course program?
Ques. What is the scope of this degree?
Ques. What is the scope of this degree abroad?
Ques. What are the different job roles that this degree offers to its Aspirants.
Ques. What is the syllabus of this course?
Ques. Can I become an entrepreneur through this degree?