BA Multimedia or Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia is an undergraduate degree of 3 years duration, specializing in the field of multimedia and further branching out in sub disciplines such as animation, scripts writing, producing and gaming visual expertise.
Students who wish to expand their knowledge in varied media communication technology and want to have multiple choices in creative fields such as production and animation, as well as gaming visual experts and consultants can pursue this course for further enhancement of their creative talent.
BA in Multimedia eligibility requires an intermediate degree as well as qualifying entrance examinations conducted by various universities and colleges to ensure a successful admission in this course program. The average fee of this course ranges around INR 40,000-1 lakhs and the degree can be attained after three years of course completion.
|Name of the College||Admission Process||Average Fees|
|De Paul Institute of Science and Technology - [DIST] Angamaly, Kochi||Intermediate degree (10+2) / CET||INR 48,000|
|Brainware University, Kolkata||Intermediate degree (10+2) / CET||INR 1,16,667*|
|University of Delhi||Intermediate degree (10+2) / CET||INR 25,000|
*Brainware University offers a B.Sc degree in Multimedia and Animation instead of B.A
Students can venture into multiple choices of careers with the degree of Multimedia due to its popularity and diversity in sub disciplines such as Video, line or audio producer, Computer software designer, as well as Web designer, Graphic designer, Video game designer, Animator or motion graphics designer. They can also work in creative writing and can explore opportunities in script and theatre writing on a professional level.
The average salary for individuals working in such fields ranges around INR 2-7 lakhs which increases with experience and time.
BA in Multimedia Industry offers highly exciting work opportunities in sectors such as advertising, IT and communication as well as animation and graphic designing where students can express their creative talents and polish their skills. Sectors such as educational, web based and film studios offer employment opportunities to people skilled in multimedia management to handle administration duties of such creative professions with an analytical bent of mind and fluency in creative pursuits.
What is a BA Multimedia?
- BA in Multimedia is a course that revolves around the multidisciplinary studies in professions such as animation, video and graphic designers as well as audio and video sound experts and web design consultants.
- Multimedia constitutes elements of these sectors and its approach is widespread and popularly respected in every field an individual wants to venture in.
- The program primarily focuses on teaching the basic fundamental courses on design and art forms execution in a creative manner, furthermore the course also consists of graphic design, web design as well as 3D modeling and audio-video texturing concepts to enhance imaginative pursuits of an individual and channeling his or her inherent talents into creative workspace.
- Multimedia careers are as varied as its related subjects and also offer many extensive career fields spanning many important industries such as gaming and animation, theatre and arts as well as corporate and commercial industries.
- Students who wish to enroll in this program can become successful graphic and video designers, web developers and designers as well as audio and video experts.
- Students can also venture in the animation and lighting industries of film making and can earn money and recognition for their respective work.
Why BA Multimedia?
BA in Multimedia is an undergraduate course program which enables a student to explore his or her creative and innovative pursuits and to absorb such tendencies in industrial sectors to produce work that is uniquely different.
- Hence, multimedia graduates can work in many fields as this course program consists of multiple benefits which include active curriculum based on recent multimedia options and trends.
- This course is designed keeping in mind the current changes that implore the creative division of people to create something new and unique.
- BA in Multimedia helps students to be well versed in information systems surrounding the active sectors of art and design, graphic and animation, visual and audio marketing as well as script writing and editing to ensure that all essential multi-media outlets are covered and taught in structural manner including assignment work and internships to provide holistic learning.
- Apart from the mainstream learning, the students are also made aware of the current media technology and understanding of concepts related to communication to assimilate such components into multimedia disciplines to enhance or inculcate complete learning experience.
Hence graduates of this course program are fluent in their respective fields and have a good grasp of professional jargons and methodology.
Students can seek employment in leading industrial sectors of India and abroad such as film making and technology as well as graphic and video designer and editing. The field also includes animation and lighting, web designing, digital designing and communication. Due to the vastness of this field and the opportunities it offers, the pay packages for jobs in this category are highly priced and are filled with ample exposure and experience.
BA Multimedia: Admission Process
- Students who seek admission in this course are required to have qualified their 10+2 or intermediate degree with a minimum score of 50-60 percent to gain admission in this program.
- Students who have opted for courses such as History, English, Sociology and Political Science, is an added benefit to the program and can gain more desirability in the admission process.
- Certain universities and colleges also conduct entrance tests for students to qualify in order to get admission, while some colleges offer merit based admission/ personal interview to provide admission to aspirants.
- A minimum of 5% of relaxation is often provided by many leading universities and colleges in India to students of backward sections or students belonging to SC/ST to provide assistance to such communities and aid them in their learning process.
BA Multimedia: Eligibility
- Students are required to have an intermediate degree with subjects such as English Sociology, History or Political Science.
- Students are required to have a minimum score of 50-60% in their previous examination.
- Students are also required to have qualified common entrance tests that their college might conduct before allotting admission seats. Hence, students are required to check the admission guidelines before applying into college of their choice and preference.
BA Multimedia: Course Highlights
|Full form||Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia|
|Examination type||Offline and semester based|
|Eligibility||Intermediate degree ( 10+2) + CET/interview|
|Admission process||(10+2)/CET/, Interview/Merit based|
|Course fee||INR 40000-1 lakhs|
|Average salary||INR 2-10 lakhs|
|Top recruiting agencies||Television studios, Digital educational content companies, web designing, computer games designing, Film studios, Advertising companies, IT companies, graphics, animation and new media agencies.|
|Job positions||Line or audio producer, Computer software designer, Web designer, Graphic designer, Video game designer, Animator or motion graphics designer|
Why this particular degree?
BA in Multimedia is generally a course that is multidimensional in form and offers appealing salaries and benefits in many fields and sectors. Students gaining expertise and knowledge of such varied disciplines lead them up to major designations and positions in their careers and offer stable jobs and growth.
- Candidates with this degree can work as animators and indulge full-time in animation and designing to pursue career expansion in this field. Animation content is required heavily by filmmaking and theatre industries for entertainment purposes and offers great salary for the work demanded.
- Aspirants can also work as art directors with leading art galleries and museums by contributing their efforts in planning and execution of various exhibitions via audio visual and aesthetic approaches.
- Candidates with this degree can also work as content writers with online and offline mediums such as newspaper agencies as well as developing content for websites to attract clients and customers.
- Candidates who are interested in graphic designing art can seek employment with leading graphics designer firms and gain immense career growth and abundant salary packages.
- Aspirants can also venture in film making and theatre industry by working as photography experts and producers as well as script writers to work on content and shot delivery in movies and can make a living with recognition and fame.
- Students can also work in various audio visual based industries such as radio and television to administer tools and equipment work and handle core issues related to these to earn better pay and benefits.
- Candidates can also work in the gaming industry and work on enhancing the gaming sector by developing engaging user interfaces and scripts for gaming concepts as well as contributing in their graphics and designs to earn exciting monetary packages.
- Web design and software design can also be a career option for multimedia graduates; they can provide assistance in designing and developing fresh content and concepts for websites and blogs to earn better living and wages.
BA Multimedia: Skill Sets Required
- Candidates should possess a logical bent of mind with great imaginative skills to think outside the box and bring authenticity in their work.
- Candidates must also possess the determination to pursue theories of diverse fields, ranging from animation to computers, from writing to designing and have a strong grasp of each individual subject to gain expertise.
- Candidates should also have ease in communication. Delivering complex ideas into articulate manner is an essential skill in this career
- Candidates should also be fluent in composition, drafting, developing and aesthetic senses of individuals to develop concepts pertaining to the changing needs of this career and to provide distinctive and unique work approaches.
BA Multimedia: Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Common course English||Common course English|
|Common course additional language||Common course additional language|
|Introduction to digital media||Creativity and design skills|
|Audio visual communication||Audio visual communication|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Media publishing||Introduction to cinematography|
|Computer graphics||Fundamentals of web designing|
|Journalism||Audio visual communication|
|Audio visual communication||-|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Techniques of post-production- Visual editing||Multimedia Designing & Authoring|
|Techniques of Post Production –Sound Recording, Editing and Mastering||Introduction to Motion Graphics|
|Introduction to 3D Modeling and Texturing||Television & Multi Camera Production|
|Advanced Web Designing||Advanced 3D Animation, Vfx and Compositing|
|Audio & Video Editing Project||Multimedia and website project|
BA Multimedia: Recommended Books
|Name of the book||Name of the author|
|Multimedia and communication technology||S.Heath|
|Multimedia journalism : a guidebook||Bull Andey|
|The animator's workbook||Antony White|
|The new media handbook- the cyberspace handbook||Jason Whittaker|
Diploma in Multimedia and Animation vs BA Multimedia
|Parameters||Diploma in Multimedia||BA in Multimedia|
|Domain||Humanities/computer application||Humanities/computer applications/|
|Overview||Diploma in Multimedia is a one year course program that imparts selected knowledge on aspects of multimedia platforms such as radio, audio- visual communication and entertainment industry, advertising, marketing, gaming and animation. Although it covers different components of Multimedia, the approach is not very deep and merely offers constricted knowledge on the sectors mentioned above.||BA in Multimedia is an undergraduate course spanning for three years, which offers critical insights on all facets of multimedia infrastructure such as animation, graphic design illustration and web based designing, journalism and creative writing, cinematography and photography, sound management and visual motion effects to offer expertise in all fields and exposure via internships and individual assignments.|
|Average Salary||INR 2-3 lakh||INR 2-9 lakh|
BA Multimedia: Job Prospects and Career Opportunities
BA in Multimedia offers a wide variety of job positions in industries of commercial journalism and mass communication as well as advertising and marketing, website management and administration. Such graduates are talented and fluent in different departments and can manage work duties of distinctive types and experience.
- Candidates can work in online website development and management as website designers and content developers. Such individuals are responsible for curating a site’s content and designing user friendly website interfaces for commercial industries to build a client base with accurate marketing strategies.
- Candidates can also work in animation or design industries and provide assistance to animation firms and studios to create fun instrumental characters and designs to earn name and fame.
- Aspirants can also work in the graphic designing industry and assist various related industries and disciplines in designing and developing graphics that are innovative and creative to aid their business and attract a larger customer base.
- Individuals with this degree can also seek jobs in journalism and mass communication as journalists and columnists for news stations and newspapers.
- Candidates can also contribute their efforts in digital media by micro managing social media accounts of various outlets and industries and become influential in marketing through online media and become a social media strategist.
- Candidates can also pursue photography, cinematography and production line to work in the glamour and entertainment industry by being leading photographers and visual experts as well as producers and scripts writers.
|Name of the Job||Description of the Job||Average Salary|
|Graphic designer||A graphic designer's job is to develop innovative and unique graphic content that can be used by different web based platforms as well as software and technical design to meet the demands of employers and clients and work in accordance with the guidelines provided by them. A graphic designer works in different fields such as websites, banners and posters design, movie making and video editing.||INR 3-5 lakhs|
|Multimedia scriptwriter||Multimedia script writers are individuals working in developing conceptual writing in the form of stories and excerpts as well as full length creative writing for industries such as movies and televisions, theatre and films||INR 3-6 lakhs|
|Web designers||Web designers are individuals engaged in making user friendly website space for all large and small scale businesses according to the needs and demands of their clients. Web designers are responsible for designing and curating design strategies and methods to attract more attention and aid in business enhancement and prestige.||INR 3-7 lakhs|
|Interactive designers||Interactive designers are individuals who are involved in fields such as audio-visual and graphic sound and animation to administer core issues related to these fields and handle equipment and tools. They often provide assistance to the production team and work behind the scenes to give compact results.||INR 4-5 lakhs|
|Producers||Producers are involved in the filmmaking industry and address the core issues related to the development of a movie and its elements such as casting and production expertise. Such individuals offer investment to these projects and facilitate equipment and editing details along with budget allocation to provide assistance to movie making and entertainment business.||INR 2-12 lakhs|
|Video game expert||Video gaming experts are individuals who are involved in the gaming industry by developing graphics, storylines and keeping the updated application on board to ensure hiccup free installation of these games. These experts are allocated functions such as designing animation and storyline to attract more people and gather client base loyalty to develop brand image and increase finances.||INR 2-8 lakhs|
BA Multimedia: Future Scope
As the current age of digitalization is progressing, new avenues of Multimedia have been opening up and amalgamation of Multimedia with other industries has been providing the candidates with great exposure and interest.
- Candidates can work in the entertainment industry catering to filmmaking, theatre and television as producers and directors or as cinematography and photography experts to provide assistance in making films and movies for the masses.
- Candidates can also work as art enthusiasts in art galleries and exhibit art works and media via Multimedia channels or using audio-visual equipment to portray art and aesthetics.
- Candidates can also work as digital artists in leading organizations and manage the work atmosphere by working as administrator and executives to handle key issues of Multimedia businesses.
- Candidates can also acquire jobs in graphic designing with firms of all kinds especially designing and architecture as well as books and magazines, web based designing to develop online content which is engaging and enriching.
- Candidates can also seek employment with commercial organizations and work in the advertising wing to execute and direct advertisements of various products deals to maximize consumer base and clientele.
- Aspirants who wish to build their career in website development can always pursue website designing and its fundamentals to design eye catching websites with user friendly interface to build brand image and assist Business to prosper on a global scale.
- Candidates can also work as visual effects coordinators or experts with major production houses to develop VFX or visual effects for movies and films and earn high salary package deals.
- Candidates can also work in the animation industry and contribute their exceptional drawing and painting skills in developing new characters and images demanded by their respective employers and firms.
- Individuals eager to work in the gaming industry can venture into it as gaming experts by designing and conceptualizing unique storylines and characters for the game and handling core issues related to gaming and regularly updating the gaming application and data.
- Radio stations often require multimedia experts to handle audio equipment and network data, hence students can also become experts in audio track and sound management to earn great living conditions.
- Multimedia experts are always welcome in the content industry to work on developing content for web based media outlets and offline newspaper agencies and establishments and offer high wages and benefits for the same.
BA Multimedia: FAQs
Ques. What is multimedia?
Ques. What is the eligibility of BA Multimedia course?
Ques. What jobs can we get as Multimedia degree holders?
Ques. What is the scope of Multimedia abroad?
Ques. Is BA in multimedia a good course?
Ques. What are the entrance tests that are conducted for admission in BA in Multimedia course?
Ques. What is the scope of Multimedia in India?
Ques. Which is the best place to study Multimedia course?
Ques. What is the admission procedure for admission in BA in multimedia?