BBA, full-form Bachelor of Business Administration, is a 3-year undergraduate course that teaches students to understand, manage and overcome the challenges of a corporate firm.
BBA Eligibility requires student to complete their class 12 or equivalent examination with an aggregate average of more than 50% marks.
Admissions to BBA course are done on the basis of entrance exams as well as on the basis of merit. Some of the common BBA entrance exams are IPU CET, DU JAT, NPAT, etc. Each university has its own particular entrance exam to grant admission in this course.
Check BBA Admission 2021
India has about 5000 BBA colleges, according to NIRF Rankings Top BBA Colleges in India are NMIMS Mumbai, SSCBS New Delhi, IIM Rohtak, ICFAI Hyderabad, Chandigarh University, Jamia Millia Islamia, Nirma University, etc.
BBA subjects deal with topics like General Management, Managerial Economics, Accounting, Organizational Behaviour, Cost Accounting, Business Law, Marketing, etc. Dual degree courses are also available like BBA LLB Course which is a 5 years long course where both the courses are taught independently.
BBA Distance Education is available in India for students. BBA Distance Education fees is around INR 20,000 to INR 60,000 which is less than regular BBA Course.
IGNOU is one of the best institition for distance education in India. BBA from IGNOU is 3 years long and the fees is INR 60,000.
BBA Fee ranges from INR 50,000-2 Lacs per annum and the average annual salary after BBA is between INR 2-8 LPA. Some of the top BBA Jobs are Business Development Executive, Marketing Associate, Travel and Tourism Manager, Event Manager, etc.
Check Out: BBA or BCom
After BBA, students prefer to go for an MBA as it improves the career scope. Students who have plans to go for MBA after the 12th only can check the Integrated MBA course. Students must know about the BBA Skills Required in order to choose their career properly.
There is a huge BBA Scope for students that are interested to study BBA. Students may go for higher studies which will ensure better pay for the student. BBA Scope in the Govt sector is also booming with many public sector banks hiring BBA graduates.
Students have the option of studying BBA abroad which helps them to complete their MBA degree from the respective country.
BBA Course Highlights
|BBA Full Form||Bachelor of Business Administration|
|BBA Duration||3 Years|
|BBA Courses||BBA Aviation, BBA Finance, BBA Marketing, BBA HR, BBA Tourism, BBA Banking, etc.|
|BBA Subjects||General Management, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Organizational Behaviour, Global Markets,|
|BBA Fees||INR 50,000 - 2,00,000|
|BBA Colleges||IIM Rohtak, Chandigarh University, NMIMS Mumbai, SSCBS New Delhi, Amity Noida, Jamia Millia Islamia, etc.|
|BBA Admission||Entrance Exams and Merit-Based|
|BBA Entrance Exams||DU JAT, NPAT, UPSEE, IPU CET, BHU UET, etc.|
|BBA Scope||Consultancies, Banks, Advertising Agencies, Marketing Industry, Media, Sales sector, etc.|
|BBA Jobs||Business Development Executive, Marketing Associate, Brand Manager, Account Manager, Event Manager, Tourism Head, etc.|
|BBA Recruiters||TCS, Wipro, Microsoft, Deloitte, E&Y, HDFC Bank, etc.|
|BBA Salary||INR 2.75 to 8 LPA|
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed their class 12th examinations from any stream and a recognised board in order to be eligible for BBA program.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have at least scored a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in 12th. Some premier colleges ask for 60% marks.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be aged between 17 to 22 years for general category, and 17 to 24 years for reserved categories.
BBA Admission 2021
Almost all the universities grant BBA admission on the basis of the score in an entrance examination. Each university has its own particular entrance examination.
- Admission 2021 for BBA course will commence from the month of April-May in most of the colleges.
- Students from any stream in class 12th can apply for admission to the BBA course.
- Steps in the BBA admission process include Entrance Exam, Merit List, Counselling, Final Selection.
- Direct BBA Admissions are also done in India on the basis of Class 12th score.
To read in detail about both Direct BBA Admission and BBA Admission through entrance exams.
|Jamia Millia Islamia||Merit Based|
|Jain University||Jain University Entrance Test|
|Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi||DU JAT|
BBA Entrance Exam
Some of the most common entrance examinations for BBA courses are listed below.
- DU JAT: The Joint Admission Test is conducted by the NTA to provide BBA admission to the University of Delhi. The DU JAT Application form will be released in or around April 2021 and the exam will be conducted in the month of May 2021.
- IPU CET: This Common Entrance Test is conducted by the GGSIPU to grant admission in its BBA courses. The test is followed by a counseling session to allot colleges to the candidates.
- NPAT: This exam is conducted by NMIMS Mumbai for admission in its bachelor's and integrated courses. NPAT 2021 will tentatively be conducted in May 2021.
|Exam Name||Application Form||Admit Card||Exam Date|
|DU JAT||April 2021||May 2021||June 2021|
|IPU CAT||First Week of March 2021||Third Week of April 2021||4th week of April 2021 to 1st week of May 2021|
|NPAT||February 16, 2021||June 24, 2021||
June 27, 2021
July 2, 2021
July 4, 2021
Each university conducts a separate entrance examination to admit students into the BBA program
BBA Entrance Exam Comparison
|Particulars||DU JAT||IPU CET||NPAT|
|Exam Name||Delhi University Joint Admission Test||IPU CET, Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test||NMIMS NPAT|
|Conducting body||Delhi University||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, GGSIPU||Narsee Monjee University|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam||University Level Exam||University Level Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Once a Year||Once a Year||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours||3 Hours||120 Minutes|
BBA Colleges in India
Why Study BBA?
BBA is one of the most pursued courses after 12th commerce in India. It not only equips you with basic management and administration knowledge, but also prepares you for master courses like MBA.
- BBA course is perfect for candidates who are business-minded and want to earn some business skills.
- The course helps the student to have an analytical mind and gives a boost in their business.
- For students looking for a job after BBA, there is huge scope as BBA subjects open doors for multiple opportunities.
- The average salary for different BBA jobs ranges from INR 3-8 lakh in India.
- BBA course also helps in understanding the functions of an organization and how businesses flourish in an industry.
- The course helps one in understanding the market requirements and various global trends. This BBA skill is good for those who are thinking of entering the market sector.
- One learns about problem-solving skills in the BBA course. If your main aim is to join any managerial team of an enterprise, then the BBA course is the right pick for you
BBA is the best course for students who plan to go for an MBA later on. Some colleges also offer a 5 Year MBA, i.e., an Integrated course of BBA and MBA.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Microeconomics||Quantitative Techniques - II|
|Principles of Management||Effective Communications|
|India Socio-Political Economics||Cost Accounting|
|Quantitative techniques - I||Environmental Management|
|Essentials of IT||Principles of Marketing|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Banking & Insurance||Human Behavior & Ethics at Workplace|
|Indian Economics in Global Scenario||Management Accounting|
|Operations Research||Business Analytics|
|Direct Tax & Indirect Tax||Business Law|
|Human Resource Management||Financial Management|
|Consumer Behavior & Services Marketing||Customer Relationship Management|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Strategic Management||International Business & EXIM|
|Research Methodology||Finance Electives|
|Finance Electives||Operations & Supply Chain Management|
|Financial Statement Analysis||Marketing Electives|
|Advanced Financial Management||Entrepreneurship & Business Plan|
BBA First Year: Books
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|Modern Business Organization||S.A. Sherlekar|
|Management Concepts and Practices||C.B Gupta|
|Business Organization and Management||Jallo, Tata McGraw Hill|
|Organizing and Financing of Small scale Industries||Dr V.Desai|
BBA Course Fees
|College Name||Fees (INR)|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||8,800|
BBA Distance Education
If a candidate cannot attend a regular college due to time restrictions or any other problems, they can also go for the distance education course of BBA.
- Some of the most popular universities to pursue BBA from Open schools are IGNOU, DU SOL, etc.
- Doing the BBA course from a distance university will give you an opportunity to work side by side and also help you in getting time for other things.
- The duration of a distance BBA course can go up to 6 years.
- Distance BBA is advantageous for students who do not wish to go to a regular college and have many things to do at the same time.
What after BBA?
Students have 3 major options after BBA. They can opt for a job, handle or start a business, or they can go for a master's degree.
- BBA Jobs: Pursuing a job after BBA is the most immediate decision taken by the majority of students. Even the students who plan for a master's degree later on go for earning a job experience. Job experience is beneficial and is even a mandatory requirement in many MBA programs, especially Executive MBA.
- Masters Degree: MBA is a master's degree course that students from all the streams can pursue. Though MBA after BTech is a common trend, pursuing MBA after BBA is a beneficial option as students of BBA already have some knowledge related to management and administration.
- Business After BBA: Many students start a new business or take over their family business after BBA. This is a result of the skills earned by them during their BBA course. Students planning for the family business after a management course can also check MBA with Family Business.
Scope and career opportunities after BBA lie in sectors like Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Banking, Accounting Firms, etc. The table below shows some of the top BBA jobs in India and their average salary.
|BBA Jobs||Average Salary|
|Business Development Executive||INR 3 LPA|
|Marketing Executive||INR 6.3 LPA|
|Event Manager||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Account Manager||INR 4 LPA|
|Brand Manager||INR 5 LPA|
The average salary after BBA ranges from INR 3 to 6 Lakhs per annum. This depends on your job role, industry, BBA specialization and most importantly on the college which you have graduated from.
Ques: What is BBA full form?
Ques: What is the difference between BBA and BBA (Hons)?
Ques: What are the best alternatives to an MBA?
Ques: What are the best BBA colleges in Delhi?
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies (Delhi University)
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya (Delhi University)
- Maharaja Surajmal Institute (GGSIPU, Delhi)
- MAIT (GGSIPU, Delhi)
Ques: What is the average salary of a BBA graduate student?
Ques: What is the eligibility criteria for BBA admission?
Ques: Is mathematics compulsory for BBA course?
Ques: Can I be a teacher after completing BBA honours program?
Ques: What are some tips to prepare for BBA entrance exams?
- Clear quantitative approach - Most of the quantitative questions are Class X level. Therefore you must be familiar with the basic concepts, formulas and shortcuts.
- Writing mock tests - Practicing sample question paper informs about the exam pattern in advance which therefore helps in formulating a strategy to attempt the BBA exam more effectively. Mock tests for NPAT, SET and other major BBA entrance exams can be found online at Collegedunia.com
- Managing time - Time management is an important factor when you’re looking to attempt about 120-150 questions in nearly 2 hours. Prepare a time table and follow it religiously.
- Reading newspapers - Reading newspapers regularly will help you to enhance your general knowledge skills. Questions related to the latest trends are usually asked in PI (personal interview) rounds.
Ques: Are there any BBA colleges in Bangalore?
Although institutions like KJC admit students based on their academic performance, most of the top BBA colleges in Bangalore enrol students based on their score in the entrance exams -
- Alliance University - AUMAT
- Christ University - CUET
- Kristu Jayanti College - Academic merit + performance in PI rounds
The first-year course fee for these colleges range between INR 90,000 to INR 2,00,000
Ques: Which is the best branch for pursuing a BBA course?
Ques: Should I study BBA in India?
Ques: What is the first year fees for BBA course from Christ University, Bangalore?
|Student belonging to||Fees (in INR)|
|Southern states (TN, AP, Goa)||1,30,000|
Since the course fee along with other expenses can even go up to INR 10 lacs in some cases (outside residents), it is always advisable to keep a tab on financial aid and loan options available to students. SBI Education Loan is one of such services which helps a student in their academic journey financially. The loan amount can go up to 20 Lacs and has a repayment period of 15 years.
Ques: What are the topics for BBA entrance exam?
Ques: I have scored a 60% aggregate in my 10+2 examination. Can I apply for admission in BBA top colleges in India?
Ques. Can I do BBA without having Maths in class 12th?
Ans. Yes, maths is not a compulsory subject to take admission in BBA.
Ques. Is BBA tough?
Ans. No, BBA is not too tough if you have a keen interest in Business Management and Administration.
Ques. Is BBA from IGNOU valid?
Ans. Yes, IGNOU is a national university and the degree is completely valid.
Ques. Does BBA contain a lot of Maths?
Ans. No, BBA does not contain a lot of maths. However, it does contain some maths and statistics.
Ques. Is BBA better or BBA (Hons)?
Ans. BBA is a general study that teaches general management subjects. However, BBA Hons deals with a specific and specialized study of problem-solving and decision making in a business enterprise.
Ques. Can I go into academics after the BBA course?