Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Communications Management is a career oriented program that offers 3 year undergraduate level degrees. BBA in Communications Management is a regular full-time undergraduate course comprising six semesters.
Aspiring candidates are required to successfully complete 10 + 2 or equivalent from a recognized institution with a minimum of 50% score.
Admission to BBA Communication can be merit based or entrance based. However, some of the top institutes prefer entrance based admissions.
Top Institutes for BBA Communications Management are Jain University, Institute Of Business Management and Research, AMITY University, and Doon Business School. The average fee for BBA in communication management is INR 2000 to INR 5 Lakhs in India.
Wide varieties of subjects are taught with the syllabus being relatively similar in most Indian colleges. The designed course provides an eligible candidate avant-garde and advanced lessons are Corporate CommunicationJournalism & News ReportingNews ReportingAdvertising & PRNews WritingRadio Arts & Editing, etc.
The professional path after graduation is lucrative and creates opportunities to establish a career as a Communication Manager, TV Correspondent, Marketing Manager, Radio Jockey, Film Director, Reporter, Public Relation Manager, etc.
In India successful graduates can expect an average annual salary ranging between INR 1.8 Lakhs to INR 4 Lakhs.
After successful graduation candidates can also consider academic advancement by opting for MBA in communication management.
BBA Communications Management: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Undergraduate degree|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Business Administration in Communication Management|
|Eligibility||Passed 10 + 2 from a recognized institution with a minimum score of 50%|
|Admission Process||Merit Based or through Entrance test conducted by different universities.|
|Course Fee||INR 2000 - 5 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||Up to INR 4 Lakhs PA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||HCL, TATA Consultancy, Adobe, Hawlette Packard, Lenovo, Amazon, Google, Infosys, CNBC, BBC, ICICI,IBM, Guardian Group and others.|
|Job Positions||Communication Manager, TV Correspondent, Marketing Manager, Radio Jockey, Film Director, Reporter, Public Relation Manager, Columnist, Screenwriter, Video Jockey, Floor Manager, Fashion Photographer etc.|
BBA Communications Management: Admission Process
- The admission is commonly made through various entrance exams which are conducted by respective universities on state and central levels. Some universities also conduct a separate entrance test while in some college students are also selected on the basis of merit.
- Relevance of these tests is subjected to test basic reasoning abilities, general aptitude and knowledge of English grammar.
- General admission procedure involves entrance test, merits list and finally an interview round sealing the candidature of students.
BBA Communications Management: Eligibility Criteria
- The minimum eligibility to get admission in BBA (Communication Management) is 10 +2 from a recognized educational institution, preferably commerce background.
- The criterion for score generally varies with different colleges and universities but an aggregate score of 50% in 10 + 2 is required.
BBA Communications Management: Entrance Exams
Given below is a list of top entrance tests:
- SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test)
- AIMA-UGAT (AIMA Undergraduate Aptitude Test)
- DU JAT (Delhi University Joint Admission Test)
- NPAT (National Test for Programs After Twelfth)
- CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test)
- SUAT (Sharda University Admission Test)
BUMAT Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test)
The table below states the necessary details of top entrance exams of India:
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|SET||Symbiosis International University||February 18 - June 4, 2021||June 27, 2021|
|AIMA-UGAT||AIMA (All India Management Association)||June 10, 2021||June 19, 2021|
|DU JAT||Delhi University||April 2021||June, 2021|
|NPAT||SVKM’S Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||Feb 16, 2021 - June 17, 2021||June 27, 2021 July 2, 2021 July 4, 2021|
|CUCET||Rajasthan Central University||Third week of March, 2021- Fourth week of April, 2021||May, 2021|
|SUAT||Sharda University||February 2021||-|
|BUMAT||Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University||June 13, 2021||June 20, 2021|
BBA Communications Management: Tips to Prepare for Entrance Exam
- The entrance exam usually comprises four sections, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and General Awareness. The question paper consists of multiple type questions from the four sections to be solved within 2 hours.
- While appearing for the exam you must maintain your accuracy to avoid negative marking. Speed is considered to be of utmost importance as you will be solving more than 100 questions within a very brief period of time.
BBA Communications Management: How to Get Admission to a Good College?
- Keep a track of important dates and deadlines.
- Regularly visit your desired college's website to remain updated about admission notice.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria as it varies with different universities and colleges.
BBA Communications Management: What is it About?
The undergraduate program in communication management enables students to obtain theoretical and practical knowledge of the methods and techniques companies employ to communicate with its external business environment.
- Presentations, internships, interactions with experts are all part of the syllabus. This significantly helps students explore and gain practical knowledge.
- The program centrally concentrates on effective communication within a business environment.
- By earning a communication management degree students pave their path towards academic advancement, generally considering MBA after graduation.
- The basic concept of a degree in communication management essentially revolves around embellishing the students with extensive knowledge of every aspect of communication including: process, techniques, analysis and the socio-physiological aspects of communication with respect to business.
- Candidates also acquire healthy knowledge regarding the different processes of news media along with the role it plays in the society.
- Apart from effective communication the course also enhances managerial skills and critical thinking which are highly relevant for the business world.
- Degree holders are employed by the public and private sector alike. The skills gained by the candidates are utilized by these entities in public relations and managerial positions.
Why Study BBA Communication Management?
- Excellent job opportunities in both India and abroad.
- Lucrative salary package for fresher.
- Academic advancement after graduation, students mostly pursue MBA.
- Enhanced employability and opportunity to work for multinational companies.
- Increasing demand for communication professionals.
- The opportunity to gain both practical as well as theoretical knowledge.
BBA Communications Management: Skills Required
BBA Communications Management: Top Colleges
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|Amity University, Noida||INR 4,40,000|
|Alliance University, Bangalore||INR 1,50,000|
|Jain University, Bangalore||INR 1,60,000|
|Doon Business School, Dehradun||INR 1,32,000|
|Institute of Business Management and Research, Indore||INR 70,000|
|IFIM College, Bangalore||INR 15,00,000|
|MM Institute of Management, Ambala||INR 6,00,000|
|IILM Undergraduate Business School, New Delhi||INR 5,00,000|
BBA Communications Management: College Comparison
|Parameters||Flame University||IILM Undergraduate Business School|
|Overview||Flame University is a UGC recognized university that offers various UG, PG and PG Diploma courses. These courses are offered in various streams such as Management, Law, Science, Humanities & Social Science, Mass Communication & Media among others.||IILM was established 27 years ago, it is now considered among the top ranking undergraduate schools, It offers excellent education and placement opportunities. The institute has partnered with 40+ international companies.|
|Duration||3 years||3 years|
|Average Fees||INR I9,85,000||INR 5,00,000|
|Average Package Offered||INR 9.75 LPA||INR 12.5 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||HDFC Bank, Nielsen Finance Hub, Bajaj Finance, ITC Hotels, IIFL Securities, Odessa Inc, Risk Management India, Board Infinity, BirlaSoft, etc.||Microsoft, Adecco, Porsche, Bisleri, Kantar, Harley Davidson, NASSCOM, Mercedes-Benz, Coca-Cola, IBM, Amul, etc.|
Distance Education in BBA Communication Managemen
- Distance education or correspondence has gained much popularity. Minimum duration for completing the course is 3 years whereas the maximum duration varies with universities.
- The eligibility criterion remains the same as the regular course (10 + 2 with 50% score).
|College Name||Course Fee|
|Rabindranath Tagore University||INR 25575|
|Amity University||INR 2,50,000|
|DR D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth University||INR 75,000|
|FLAME University||INR 19,67,000|
BBA Communication V/s BA Mass Communication: Which is Better?
|Parameters||BBA Communication Management||BA Mass Communication|
|Full Form||Bachelor of Business Administration in Communication Management||Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication|
|Course Credential||Undergraduate Degree||Undergraduate Degree|
|Duration||3 Years||3 Years|
|Eligibility||Passed 10 + 2 or equivalent from a recognized institution with a minimum score of 50%||10 + 2 or equivalent in any stream from a recognized institute with a minimum score of 50%.|
|Entrance Exam||AIMA-UGAT, SET, DU JAT||TANCET, SET, CUET|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 2000 - INR 5,00,000||INR 1,00,000 - 12,00,000|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 1,80,000 - INR 4 LPA||INR 1,20,000 to 3,00,000|
|Job Roles||Communication Manager, TV Correspondent, Marketing Manager, Radio Jockey, Film Director, Reporter, Public Relation Manager, Columnist, Screenwriter, Video Jockey, Floor Manager, Fashion Photographer, etc.||Film Director, Fashion Photographer, Journalist, Sound Engineer, TV Correspondent, Actor, Screenwriter, Editor, Producer, Video Jockey, Event Manager, Content Writer, Public Relation Officer, etc.|
Career opportunities after completing both courses are highly reputable and lucrative. Students usually opt for BBA due to the increasing demand in management degree holders. Top multinational companies prefer BBA graduates over BA graduates. Furthermore private companies also offer more salary to BBA graduates hence increasing employability.
BBA Communication Management: Course Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Sociological and Anthropological Thought||Media and Culture|
|Principles of Management||Event Management|
|New Media||History of Art|
|Radio Production and Planning||Literature|
|English 1||Marketing Fundamentals|
|Human Behaviour||Politics and Governance|
|Communication Theory (Introduction)||Accounting|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Music||TV Production Programming|
|Principles of Advertising||Creative Writing|
|Business Law||Macro Economics|
|PR and Corporate Communication (Introduction)||Cost Accounting|
|Gender- Interdisciplinary Perspectives||-|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Digital Environment||Account Planning|
|Management Accounts||Cinema Studies|
|Strategic Management||Media Law Ethics|
BBA Communication Management: Job Profiles
Graduates can look for job roles like
- TV Correspondent
- Fashion Photographer
- Radio Jockey
- Marketing Manager
The key employment areas are mentioned below
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Organizations
- Educational Institutes
- Business Consultancies
- Financial Organizations
- Multinational Companies
- Media and News
Government organizations like Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Various Banks, Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited among others provide job opportunities to graduates in BBA communications management.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Columnist||Writes columns on different sections in newspapers or magazines.||INR 4,19,167|
|Fashion Photographer||Photographs models and fashion apparel for marketing and promotions.||INR 5,00,000|
|Marketing Manager||Handles everything related to marketing and initiates interdepartmental communication.||INR 6,87,009|
|Communication Manager||Responsible for managing communication that takes place both externally and internally in an organisation.||INR 3,73,626|
|Radio Jockey||They interact with the audience through radio and perform in private and public stations.||INR 3,80,965|
|TV Correspondent||All essential and important news is collected by them for the regular society.||INR 4,06,832|
|Floor Manager||They manage and handle customers, outlet performance, sales, etc for proper management of a retail outlet.||INR 2,49,283|
BBA Communication Management: Future Scope
After completing BBA in communication management the future scope is fruitful and filled with opportunities.
- Companies, both national and international, have experienced an increase in demand for communication professionals. The demand keeps amplifying resulting in candidates being employed by top companies.
- Career enhancement is often chosen by the students and in general they opt for MBA to advance both professionally and academically.
- Freshers in the field right after completing graduation are likely to get employed in areas such as radio, newspaper, magazines, content marketing advertising, etc.
- Top companies that hire communication professionals are Amazon, Google, Guardian Group, CNBC, TCS, and others.
- Companies irrespective of their size and nature require communication professionals to manage corporate communication, public relations, social media management, marketing, promotions and other essential roles.
- These essential job roles are either handled by hired professionals or companies. The steady growth in demand for professional communication individuals keeps growing enlarging the future scope of BBA in communication management.
BBA Communication Management: FAQs
Ques. What is the maximum duration for BBA?
Ans. Minimum duration to obtain an undergraduate degree in communications management is 36 months. However the maximum time period is highly subjected to the individual rules and guidelines of the institute or college you are planning to enrol in.
Ques. Can I also pursue a BSc degree with a communication management course?
Ans. Yes, according to the latest UGC guidelines you can pursue two degrees together provided that one is through distance education.
Ques. Which topic to focus more for entrance?
Ans. All the four sections English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Logical Reasoning are extremely important. To successfully crack the entrance exam, focus on all sections equally and practice to increase your accuracy and speed.
Ques. I don’t want to pursue an MBA; can I get a decent job after completing BBA?
Ans. BBA communication management provides many job opportunities with lucrative salary packages. If you do not wish to opt for MBA you can choose from a wide variety of job opportunities available.
Ques. I am from Science stream. Can I apply for BBA in communication management?
Ans. Yes, students from any stream or background can apply.
Ques. BBA in communication management is a professional degree?
Ans. Yes it is a professional degree. The lessons include advanced training to improve soft skills, personality and public speaking. It is considered to be one of the best undergraduate degrees rated highly by industry experts and students.
Ques. I am a commerce student. Will I be given more preference during admission?
Ans. Commerce students are generally preferred for BBA but admission is made purely through different entrance exams or merit.
Ques. What is the eligibility?
Ans. You are required to complete 10 + 2 with a minimum aggregate score of 50%. The score however varies with different institutions and universities. Relaxation is provided for students belonging to reserved categories.
Ques. Can I get admission without appearing for the entrance exam?
Ans. Yes some colleges take admission on the basis of merit. The marks you scored in 10 + 2 determine your rank in the merit list of a particular college.
Ques. How tough is the entrance exam to crack it in the first attempt?
Ans. If you have cleared your concepts of English language, mathematics, and reasoning and follow current affairs regularly you will be able to crack the exam in the first attempt. Once the concepts are clear you can practice to increase your accuracy and speed.