BBA E-Commerce or Bachelor of Business Administration in E-Commerce is a three year full time undergraduate course within the domain of business administration that lays focus on the online business practices and technology of an organization.
BBA E-Commerce is split into six semesters which comprises theoretical and practical knowledge of marketing, accounting and legal knowledge of the businesses online, strategic planning and designing of business online, creating, organizing, and overseeing E-commerce businesses.
BBA E-Commerce eligibility is that students who have completed their 10+2, preferably from commerce stream, with a minimum aggregate of 50% from any recognized school/university are eligible for this course. Some well reputed universities and colleges conduct BBA entrance examinations too for admission to this course.
See More: BBA E-Commerce Top Colleges
There are a number of public and private institutes which offer BBA E-Commerce. The average course fee for this program in private institutes range from INR 2,00,000 to INR 4,00,000 whereas the average course fee for this program in government institutes range from 20,000 to 80,000 depending on the college.
Graduates from Bachelor of Business Administration in E-Commerce have their future career options within the following fields like experimenting with business skills in the digital environment, strategic execution of online business activities, Operation management of online programs, E-commerce Marketing, Planning and Strategy development and Entrepreneurship in E-trade
The graduates usually get employed with in the following positions such as Accountants, Economists, Statisticians, Finance Analysts, Managers and also as Marketers in other areas of management
The average salary package that can be expected by the graduates of BBA E-Commerce ranges from INR 3,00,000 to INR 6,00,000 depending upon the experience and work skill of the individual.
If one wishes to study further, then after graduating from BBA E-Commerce, one can go for MBA E-Commerce which is the next best suited option after this program. If one still wishes to study further then they can go for a Ph.D degree.
BBA E-Commerce: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Business Administration in E-Commerce|
|Eligibility||10+2, preferably in Commerce stream, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%|
|Admission Process||Entrance and Merit based|
|Course Fee||INR 1,000 to INR 5,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3,00,000 to INR 6,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Biomax Fuels Ltd., Accenture, Nokia, Toyota, Adobe, HCL, IBM, Myntra, Edelweiss,E-bay, Flipkart,Yahoo, Snapdeal, Paytm, Just Dial, Acura Consulting, Genpact, Cognizant Business Consulting, Deutsche Bank, Mahindra & Mahindra, Google, Amazon, HDFC Bank, Boston Consulting Group, Johnson & Johnson, Alibaba, Fidelity Investments, etc|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Hospital Management, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Tour and Travel, Operations, Banking and Insurance, Information Technology, Total Quality Management (TQM), Oil & Gas, Retail, International Business, Health Management, and such.|
|Job Positions||E-Business Consultant, Customer Relation Manager, Human Resources(HR) Manager, Business Analyst, IT Manager, Database Administrator, Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager, Health Services Manager, Financial Advisor, Account Manager, Financial Manager, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Management Consultant etc.|
BBA E-Commerce: Admission Process
The admission process for Bachelor of Business Administration in E-Commerce varies from institute to institute. While some institutes like Amity University and Doon Business School accept aspiring candidates based on their marks obtained in their 10+2 level exams whereas others like Symbiosis Institute and Delhi University conduct their own entrance exams for admission to this program. The general guidelines to follow while applying for the entrance based examination is as follows:
How to apply?
- Registration: The first step is the registration by the candidate. Various universities announce their registration dates prior to their entrance exams on their website. The candidate has to login on these websites with their credentials.
- Filling of the information: The candidate has to fill up his/her information such as name, age, qualification, etc. The details should be accurate as filling of wrong information can lead to disqualification or rejection of the application.
- Document Submission: The next step is the submission of documents. The candidate is asked to submit his/her documents for validation. The documents to be submitted are identification proof such as Aadhar card or Pan Card, mark sheets of class Xth, XIIth, etc.
- Submission of fee: The next step is the submission of fee. Various methods like Paytm, Net Banking, etc are offered by the institutes for this process.
- Admit Card Downloading: Admit Cards are issued by the testing authority and are released a few days before the exam. Candidates are required to download it and present it on the day of the examination for identification.
- Examination: Candidate should prepare very well according to the prescribed syllabus for the examination and should appear on time for it on the announced date.
- Results: Result of the examination is announced after a couple of weeks from the exam day. If the candidate gets selected then they should move further with the admission process.
- Admissions: Once the candidate qualifies for the program, he/she should then approach the college for further admission process.
BBA E-Commerce: Eligibility
Although the eligibility criteria differ from university to university still the minimum qualification that a candidate aspiring to opt for Bachelor of Business Administration in E-Commerce should fulfill is as follows:
- A 10+2 or equivalent qualification in any stream from a recognized educational Board
- Commerce stream is more preferable than others
BBA E-Commerce: Entrance Exams
A lot of universities conduct entrance exams for admission to this course such as the Delhi University and Bharati Vidyapeeth University. Some of these entrance exams are listed below:
- DUJAT: Delhi University Joint Admission Test or popularly called DUJAT is a national level entrance test conducted by National Testing Agency(NTA) once a year for admission into Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) and BA (Hons) in Business Economics programmes in the sixteen colleges affiliated to Delhi University. The exam is conducted in online mode and the question paper comprises questions from Quantitative Ability, Reasoning and Analytical Ability, General English and Business and General Awareness.
- BVP CET: BVP CET of Bharati Vidyapeeth common entrance test is a university level entrance exam conducted by the Bharati Vidyapeeth University to enroll students into its various Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs. The exam is conducted in offline mode every year and through this entrance exam, candidates get admission into Bharati Vidyapeeth and its affiliated campuses. The question paper consists of Multiple Choice Questions with no negative marking.
- SET: Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is a university level entrance exam conducted by Symbiosis International (Deemed University) to enroll students into various Symbiosis institutes. SET exam leads to admissions in various undergraduate courses such as Management, Law, Engineering, Economics, Design, Mass Communication, Computer Studies, Liberal Arts and Culinary Arts. It is an online exam conducted once a year. The question paper comprises Multiple Choice Questions with no negative marking.
- GGSIPU CET: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test is a college level entrance test conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University every year for admission to its various undergraduate courses in the field of engineering, management and arts. It is an online exam. The question paper comprises Multiple Choice Questions with no negative marking.
|Entrance Exams||Application Process||Exam Dates|
|DUJAT||April, 2021||June, 2021|
|BVP CET||May, 2021||June, 2021|
|SET||The third week of February, 2021||The fourth week of June, 2021|
How to prepare for the entrance exams for BBA E-Commerce?
An aspiring candidate for B.B.A (E-Commerce), one should keep the following points in mind while preparing for the entrance exams:
- First and foremost, look up for the syllabus for the exam online and go through it in extreme detail.
- Second, make up a timetable accordingly dividing time between subjects and topics ranging from their level of difficulty and the candidate’s preparation.
- Start from the basics and clear them thoroughly. Next, choose your strengths and make them even stronger by continuous revision and practice.
- After that, evaluate your weak areas and work hard on improving them.
- Do regular practice and be persistent with your progress. After all no exam has ever been cleared without constant determination and hard work.
- After completing your course, start giving mock tests available online or offline for your entrance exam. In-hand experience boosts up the confidence.
- Also don’t forget to allocate time for mind rest and physical exercises as well as they further increase brain strength and concentration power.
- Last but not the least; try attempting the questions which you are fully sure of if negative marking is there otherwise you might end up losing a lot of unnecessary marks.
BBA E-Commerce: How to Get Admission in a Good College?
To get enrolled in a good Bachelor of Business Administration in E-Commerce College, the following points might come handy:
- Prepare well for the entrance exams according to the difficulty level showcased by previous year(s) trends.
- Always keep your basics clear as they make up the most important part of any questionnaire.
- Some exams test the candidates for English as well as Aptitude. They can be practiced using previous years papers for a better score.
- Stay up to date with the deadlines and dates of the exams so that you don’t miss out on them.
- Also, making up your mind beforehand as to which college you want to go helps a lot in achieving it. A positive mindset is the key to great achievements.
- Lastly, setting up your goals and working hard for them accordingly is the ultimate belief that will help a candidate in getting into a good college.
BBA E-Commerce: Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Introduction to Sociology||Seminal Events in Global History|
|Appreciating Art Fundamentals||Critical Analysis and Writing|
|Business Economics||Business Accounting|
|Application of Spreadsheets in Business||Oral and Visual Communication|
|Essential English Literature||Introduction to Psychology|
|Business Communication||Business Statistics|
|Business Mathematics||Operations Management|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Introduction to Supply Chain Management||International Business|
|Impact of Media on Society||Business and Corporate Law|
|Social Problems and Public Policy||Cost and Management Accounting|
|Marketing for the Digital Economy||Human Resources Management|
|Organizational Behaviour||Logistics for E-Commerce|
|Introduction to Business Analytics||Ethics and Corporate Governance|
|Financial Management||E-Commerce Technologies|
|Semester V||Semester VII|
|Research Methodology and Report Writing||Project Management|
|Entrepreneurship||Leadership in a Dynamic Business Environment|
|Digital Consumer Search and Marketing||ERP in Supply Chain|
|Disruptive Technologies||Introduction to Multimodal Transportation|
|Marketing and Retail Analytics||Design Thinking|
BBA E-Commerce: Important Books?
|Name of the book||Author|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M K Pandey|
|Verbal and non-verbal reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Arihants Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publication|
BBA E-Commerce: What is it about?
BBA in E-Commerce is about training the student in the skills of marketing, accounting and legal understanding of the business, databases, programming and networks for doing e-commerce, systems analytics, strategic planning and design of online businesses. The program also provides in-depth knowledge of doing business of the goods, creating business plans, and collaborating with business agencies and marketers to extract maximum profit through the medium of internet.
The graduates of BBA (E-Commerce) are skilled in the following things:
- experimenting with business skills in the digital environment.
- strategic execution of online business activities.
- Operation management of online programs
- E-commerce Marketing, Planning and Strategy development
- Entrepreneurship in E-trade
Why study the BBA E-Commerce?
- Good Employment opportunities: Graduates can get employed in the field of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Hospital Management, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Tour and Travel, Operations, Banking and Insurance, Information Technology, Total Quality Management (TQM), Oil & Gas, Retail, International Business, Health Management, etc.
- Prospect of own business opportunities: Graduates of B.B.A (E-Commerce) become skilled enough to start their own companies in the domain of Operations, Banking and Insurance, Information Technology, Total Quality Management (TQM), Oil & Gas, Retail, International Business, Health Management, etc.
- Good Pay: The pay scale received by the graduates of B.B.A (E-Commerce) is really great. The average salary package is INR 3, 00,000 per annum.
- Reputed Job: The jobs after graduating from B.B.A (E-Commerce) are very well reputed. Be it in the field of accounts and finance or as a manager of a firm, the jobs are the ones holding really great reputation.
BBA E-Commerce: Top Colleges
|Name of the college/university||Average Annual Fees|
|Doon Business School||INR 1,32,000|
|VELS University||INR 99,400|
|Mewar University||INR 55,500|
|IIKM Business School||INR 1,53,000|
|St. Teresa’s College||INR 22,000|
|IFIM College||INR 2,00,000|
|Amity University||INR 3,53,000|
|Jain University||INR 1,45,000|
BBA E-Commerce: College Comparison
|Parameters||Amity University||Jain University||Doon Business School|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 3,53,000||INR 1,45,000||INR 1,32,000|
|Average Annual Placement Package||INR 5,00,000||INR 3,50,000||INR 4,00,000|
|Top Companies that participate in placement drive||Amazon, Flipkart, Google, Myntra, Just Dial||Google, Snapdeal, Amazon, Alibaba,Yahoo||Google, Amazon, Snapdeal, Myntra, Flipkart, HDFC Bank, Alibaba|
BBA E-Commerce: Course Comparison
BBA E-Commerce v/s Bachelor of Management Studies
The comparison between BBA E-Commerce and Bachelor of Management Studies is as follows:
|Duration||3 years||3 years|
|Focus Area||In this course, the students are taught about the various online business practices and technology of an organization.||In this course, the candidates are given education on the various management practices used in business and corporate firms, in addition to the basic concepts of human resource, economics and business.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based and Entrance Exams||Merit based and Entrance Exams|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2, preferably in Commerce stream, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%||10+2, preferably in Commerce stream, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%|
|Average Course Fee||INR 30,000 to INR 5,00,000||INR 10,000 to INR 6,00,000|
|Average Placement Package||INR 3,00,000 to INR 6,00,000||INR 2,00,000 to INR 8,00,000|
|Job Options||E-Business Consultant, Customer Relation Manager, Human Resources(HR) Manager, Business Analyst, IT Manager, Database Administrator, Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager, Health Services Manager, Financial Advisor, Account Manager, Financial Manager, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Management Consultant etc.||Financial Analyst, Project Manager, Human Resources Manager(HR) Business Development Executive, etc.|
|Areas of Employment||Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Hospital Management, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Tour and Travel, Operations, Banking and Insurance, Information Technology, Total Quality Management (TQM), Oil & Gas, Retail, International Business, Health Management, and such.||Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Hospital Management, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Tour and Travel, Operations, Banking and Insurance, Information Technology, Total Quality Management (TQM), Oil & Gas, Retail, International Business, Health Management, and such.|
BBA E-Commerce: Job Prospects and Career
The various career options available for professionals skilled in E-Commerce are:
- E-Business Consultant
- Customer Relation Manager
- Human Resources(HR) Manager
- Business Analyst
- IT Manager
- Database Administrator
- Supply Chain Manager
- Project Manager
- Health Services Manager
- Financial Manager
- Management Consultant etc.
Some of the popular areas of employment include:
- Hospital Management
- Supply Chain
- Human Resources
- Tour and Travel, Operations
- Banking and Insurance
- Information Technology
- International Business,
BBA E-Commerce: Job Profiles
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|E-Business Consultant||The job of an E-Business Consultant is to provide advice in a number of areas, which include advertising, web optimization solutions, business planning, and marketing.||INR 6,00,000|
|Business Development Manager||The work of a Business Development Manager is to work for the upliftment of the position of the organization in the market and to perform budgetary development. They are in charge of long-term organizational strategic objectives, recognizing business openings, and developing key client connections. Also, they are the ones for negotiating and setting business deals and maintaining a vast knowledge of ongoing market conditions.||INR 5,00,000|
|Customer Relation Manager||A CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) is the person in charge of the client’s requirements and demands. They look after the client’s request, and also actively give ideas and solutions to resolve the issues and problems faced by the client.||INR 3,50,000|
|Business Analyst||Business Analysts are in charge of executing and creating technical solutions for business problems and issues. They execute, evaluate, and look after the business requirements.||INR 8,00,000|
|Purchase Manager||The job of a Purchase Managers is to look for promising merchants or providers to provide quality goods at optimum costs. Also, they are responsible for arranging contracts and deals, and to prepare technical classification for raw materials, parts, gears, or structures.||INR 7,00,000|
Salary Graph Trend
BBA E-Commerce: Future Scope
- M.B.A (E-Commerce): For those who seek to study further in the same field can go for M.B.A (E-Commerce) which is the next best option after this.
- Ph.D (E-Commerce): And for those who wish to study even further in the same field can go for Ph.D.(E-Commerce).
BBA E-Commerce: FAQs
Ques. What is the total timespan of the course?
Ques. After completing BBA in E-Commerce, which field should one choose for an MBA? HR or Finance and Marketing?
Ques. What are some of the entrance exams for Bachelor of Business Administration in E-Commerce?
Ques. What is the admission procedure for Bachelor of Business Administration in E-Commerce?
Ques. What is the average fee for Bachelor of Business Administration in E-Commerce?
Ques. What are some of the top colleges to pursue a Bachelor of Business Administration in E-Commerce?
Ques. What are the future options after Bachelor of Business Administration in E-Commerce?
Ques. What are the fields available for employment after Bachelor of Business Administration in E-Commerce?
- International Organizations
- Healthcare Industry
Ques. Are there any seats reserved for reserved category students for B.B.A (E-Commerce)?
Ques: What is the average salary package of a BBA Graduate?