B.B.A. in Entrepreneurship is a 3-year undergraduate course in Business Management. Entrepreneurship is the act of being an entrepreneur, the latter being someone one with innovation, and financial and business acumen, transforms innovations into economically beneficial goods/ services.
The program has been designed to prepare eligible candidates to:
- start their own business.
- distinguishing, identifying, analyzing and evaluating worldwide and local businesses.
- environmentally assess new ventures.
- create new independent business ventures.
- create new ventures inside existing firms.
- develop moral and social duties for entrepreneurship.
- develop creativity and understand development.
- develop effective business project
- understand entrepreneurial concepts such as:
- marketing strategy
- financial planning
- sources of capital
- financing, legal problems related to beginning and operating a business.
- family-owned businesses
- entrepreneurial opportunities for women and minority entrepreneurs.
|Bachelor of Business in Maharashtra||Bachelor of Business in Uttar Pradesh||Bachelor of Business in Karnataka||Bachelor of Business in Tamil Nadu|
The basic minimum eligibility for pursuing the course is the successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in any stream, from a recognized educational Board.
Such graduates are hired in capacities such as:
- System Analyst
- Trainee Tele-sales
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Executive/Office Assistant
- Finance Controller
- Delivery Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Senior Network Administrator
- Placement Coordinator
- Small Business Owner
- Business Consultant
- Business Reporter
- Fundraisers and Development Officer
- Sales Manager
- New Venture Developer
- Teacher/ Faculty etc.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 5000 and 2 Lacs for a span of 3 years.
The average starting salary offered to such graduates in India ranges between INR 30,000 and 50,000 monthly.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Entrepreneurship)
BBA in Entrepreneurship: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Year wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in aggregate, in the Commerce stream|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Based on counselling after qualification of entrance test|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 to 5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 20 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Venture Storm, Linked in, AngelList, TALENTDASH, Gravity, Idea, Zoho, Amazon, Airtel, Vodafone, Whirpool, Snapdeal, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Own business, Job in industries, Jobs in mid-level Management, Accounting, Office Administration, Sales, Economics, Oil and Gas Sector, Agriculture Sector, Colleges & Universities, Automobile Industry, Real Estate, Mining Companies, Advertising Companies, Banking Sector, Retail Sector, among others.|
|Job Positions||System Analyst, Trainee Telesales, Asst. Manager, Chief Human Resources Officer, Executive/Office Assistant, Finance Controller, Delivery Manager, Asst. Manager, Senior Network Administrator, Placement Coordinator, Small Business Owners, Business Consultants, Business Reporters, Fundraisers and Development Officers, Sales Managers, New Venture Developers, Teaching/Faculty, and such.|
BBA in Entrepreneurship: What is it About?
Students enrolled to the course are imparted advanced lessons in:
what it takes to create and maintain a business.
- typical entrepreneurial errors and fruitful business practices.
- business advancement, leadership, team building and initiative. Entrepreneurship.
- beginning, designing and maintaining another business.
- evaluating business opportunities.
- starting-up ventures.
- strategic decision making.
- business management.
- problem solving skills.
Such candidates would ideally possess:
- ability to keep going in the face of hardship
- social skills needed to build great teams.
Top Institutes offering BBA in Entrepreneurship
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
Eligibility for BBA in Entrepreneurship
Listed below are the minimum criteria of eligibility that interested candidates need to fulfil in order to apply for the course.
- 10+2 education completed in the Science stream from a recognized educational Board.
- Preferably, Commerce subject as the main subjects of study at the 10+2 level.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
|Bachelor of Business in Gujarat||Bachelor of Business in Rajasthan||Bachelor of Business in Telangana||Bachelor of Business in Haryana|
BBA in Entrepreneurship: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
Some such entrance tests conducted in the country for admission to the course are:
- Dayanand Sagar Admission Test (DSAT)
- Sharda University Admission Test (SUAT)
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam (KIITEE)
- CMR University Admission Test (CMRUAT)
- ITM National Entrance and Scholarship Test (ITM NEST)
- Sri Padampat Singhania Admission Test (SPSAT)
- Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAT)
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test (BVP CET)
- National Test for Programs After Twelfth (NPAT)
- Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test (BUMAT)
- Under Graduate Aptitude Test-AIMA (UGAT-AIMA)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Management (BUMAT)
- Gitam Online Test (GOT)
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU CET BBA)
- Alliance Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test (AUMAT).
BBA in Entrepreneurship: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Management Foundations||Quantitative Techniques for Management|
|Business Environment||Financial Services & Institutional Supports|
|Basic Mathematics & Statistical Techniques||Managerial Economics|
|Computers in Management||Organizational Behavior|
|Financial Accounting – I||Analysis & Design of Business System|
|Introduction to Family Business Management||Financial Accounting – II|
|Polity & Society||Environmental Studies|
|English – I||English|
|Behavioral Science - I||Behavioral Science – II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Venture Management||Personal Financial Planning|
|Financial Management||Marketing Management - II|
|Management Information Systems||Research Methodology & Report Preparation|
|Marketing Management – I||Production & Operation Management|
|Cost & Management Accounting||Analytical Skill Building|
|Business Laws||E-Business Management|
|Communication Skills – I||Human Resource Management|
|Behavioral Science – III||Communication Skills – II|
|Summer Assignment & Project(Evaluation)||Behavioral Science – IV|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Entrepreneurial Resource Management||Business Policy & Strategic Management|
|Sales & Distribution Management||Project Management|
|Change & Innovations Management||Foreign Trade Procedure & Documentation|
|Business Tax Planning||Industrial Relations & Compensation Management|
|International Business Management||Financial Inclusions – Micro Finance|
|Communication Skills – III||Communication Skills – IV|
|Behavioral Science – V||Behavioral Science – VI|
|Summer Training (Evaluation)||Dissertation|
BBA in Entrepreneurship: Career Prospects
Such graduates are skilled in management, finance, and business operations.
They can find lucrative career opportunities in roles such as:
- commercial banker
- franchise operator
- research and development executive
- business consultant.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful graduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Sales Representatives||Sales Representatives offer retail items, products, and enterprises to clients. Sales Representatives work with clients to discover what they need, make arrangements, and guarantee a smooth sales process.||2,92,705|
|Small Business Owners||A Business Owner’s job obligations can range from enlisting staff to arranging financing. Specific activities differ as indicated by the business' classification, size and industry.||4,16,093|
|Business Consultant||Small Business Consultant work with customers on methodology, arranging, and problem solving, and enable customers to create business abilities and knowledge. These subjects extend from planning a business model or marketing plan, to figuring out which marketing techniques to utilize, and how to utilize them.||8,95,187|
|Business Reporter||Business Reporters work convey news elements, and examination of basic issues influencing businesses and administration. Their analyses are broadcast, or developed on the web.||3,46,511|
|Sales Manager||Sales Managers are responsible for leading and guiding a team of sales people in an organization. They set goals and portions, construct a business design, and investigate information. Also, they assign sales training and sales domains, mentor the members of the sales team, and are included in hiring and terminating processes.||9,97,728|